1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

challange#1 - Harry/Forgotten realms

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by My.pie, May 5, 2009.

1. My.pie

My.pie First Year

The story starts off as Harry as an Unspeakable perusing a madman and stop his experiments, bringing him in. The Madman however had other plans and was confident the Unspeakable would be taken care of from the many traps and wards he carefully laid out within his manor as while he continues to experiment.

Harry, being too damn good at his job continues unhindered and confronts the brilliant yet deranged Magic Artificer. Of course, startled as he is, he accidentally triggers his experiment in question and kills him in the process in a giant implosion of magic. The multiverse as we know it opens a hole and sucks Harry up.

Harry lands in the continent of Faerûn.

Rules

- Harry/Goddess - you choose who he gets to be with.

- Harry has to be wise cracking, incredibly blunt (to the point where it just pisses people off enough to kill him), flirty...

- His main goal is to try and find a way home whether he has to defy God of Gods, Lord Ao himself to get home.

- Harry meets some of the most prominent characters of Forgotten Realms throughout his adventure.

2. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

Why would you make Harry be with one of the Goddesses when you could pair him up with either the Dark Elf females or the Light Elf females, hell even the Orc females are more interesting.

3. My.pie

My.pie First Year

i admit, i lol'd hard. i really did.

Ie. Goddess of Magic could investigate this Harry character who is using some unknown force without using it from the weave or otherwise. This would be the basic building block to their relationship and a confrontation between other gods/goddess who expressed interest in Harry.

I choose a goddess because it could have far more epic scenes laid out for Harry then if he was with a mortal.

From fighting demons to deadly gods and other manner of things that boggle the mind of Harry Potter.

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  4. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Hey, here's an idea, write your own story. This idea is kinda pointless because its nothing but fanservice, and has no real goal to it...

Edit: Its more fanservice than the act of writing HPFF.

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  5. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

6. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Your challenge is nothing beyond crossing Harry Potter and Forgotten Realms with your preferences buttoned on. That's literally fucking it, aside from the pathetic overused method for the dimensional travel. Take that away, and it reduces to this:
    Fuck off, troll.

7. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Make Harry lose his wand and not find a way back home. Otherwise it's pretty gay. Make him have to work to use original Forgotten Realms magic, otherwise it's automatic gay.

8. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

Lose his wand? That would be an epic fail. But I like the idea that he can't find his way back home. I just can't see Harry using the weird elf magic that Drittzz's sister uses.

Can you see Harry with a whip?

@Tehan x Andromalius: Christ the exams are done. Would you two put your clubs away?

9. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

This brings up an even better idea.

Harry Potter/Unforgotten Realms.

Fucking bring it.

10. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

So is the Stone Age. The OP can start posting like he's not a caveman.

11. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

I can see why you don't feel that you can write such a story yourself.

Aside from laziness. Yeah, it's more fun when you're not the berk doing all the thinking and typing and shit, I sympathize.

Oh, and you spelled 'challenge' wrong. It's been mentioned already, but I believe it bears repeating. After all, it's in the friggin' thread title.

12. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This idea would make for some fanboy-fapping, nothing else. It's a wet dream wannabe-authors have.

Your Harry, of course, would have the perfect personality for your enjoyment. I would love to read one, but it'd be more than halfway self-insert gary-stu.

I seriously doubt Harry would like to go back 'home', anyways. Well, maybe he would, and that's the fanboy in me speaking. Going against the god of gods, though? Yeah, good-bye Harry Potter.

If some dimension traveller appeared in Faerun who can use unknown magic without the weave, the various gods would likely just slaughter him like a pig.

13. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Harry would want to go back because he thinks its his duty, when in reality, it's not completely correct. This would only apply if Voldemorts been killed.

Harry losing his wand would work better because then he wouldn't be a lazy little asshole, he'd have to actually work for something. That was my point on that one. Second, he'd have to grow some balls very quickly. Not a lot of people are all that helpful in the Forgotten Realms. Maybe Drizzt DoUrden might help him simply because that's in his nature of his personality, but at least Drizzt is a better character than Harry because Drizzt's got a lot more balls than Pussy!Harry when it comes to fighting for survival. I have to say that Drizzt is my favorite D&D character, even though I haven't had the chance to read all the books about him.

14. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That's what canon!Harry probably would do. Having to go back for his friends and all. But am I the only one who dislikes such things? If I were to suddenly be sucked into a magical fantasy world, I sure as hell would do my utmost to STAY there. That's basically all my argument stems from. HP, on the other hand, does live in such a world already. Still, he could be seeking some kind of anonymity, a fresh start, a world who hasn't ever heard of the Boy-Who-Lived. Also, if Harry is a bitter bastard over the wizarding world's treatment of him over his childhood, he might even relish the chance. Disregarding the fucking epilogue, of course.

About losing his wand, I don't think that it matter much sans the beginning. The people of the Realms are, in general, pretty OP compared to Harry. The only thing Harry really has is his speec of casting. Both types of magic are unknown to each other, so that one cancels out. The Realms is FAR much more arcane place, though. Harry's continual survival seems a very desperate thing.

Also, the people of the Realms are pretty xenophobic. Not no mention the enitre arcane-spliced real-gods medieval thing. In the first shady town he's wander into, he's probably be mugged, raped and sold for slavery. He'd be just that lost. And when it comes to melee combat, he'd be pretty O_O against melee people. Someone of Drizzt's caliber (okay, even someone much less skilled but still agile) would kill Harry.

Of course, all this depends on his level of mastery of magic - but unless he pulled off a dark lord somewhere, he's likely to be around average auror with typical hero perks. Maybe even less, if we go by canon. And whether or not he'd be willing to thow Imperious around or not. And hell, maybe his magic won't work at all. It is a different world with different magic system. In any case, for Harry to survive, he'd have to learn this world's magic (or melee, but that'd be an entirely different thing).

But yes, I suppose it could be possible for a goddes to just show up and take Harry under her wing. Sounds like a cheap plot device? Because it is. -> personally, I'd prefer Harry paired off to a goddess, not an elf. Hell, it'd be almost even more likely, were there one with an intrest to him.

Maybe we could have Harry as a rival of sorts to Elminster? Not necessarily by Mystra. Maybe we could pull of a dark side of Weave, or some forgotten goddess looking for a chance to take back her power... and maybe I'm just going way off-topic.

Yeah, I like Drizzt too. One of the few 'high moral ground' characters I like, because he's just that badass. The books? The early ones were the best. The Dark Elf Trilogy and The Icewind Dale. The latest, while still good, just seem kinda rehash.

My favourite books of the Realms are probably the Jarlaxle and Atremis books ^^' And Elminster's not far behind.

~fhuh, I'd be intrested to read a story like this, but more likely than not, it'd be utter shit.

15. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

I dunno, Zombie... I think maybe this guy should stay away from writing anything for a while. <.<

16. Verminard

Verminard Seventh Year

This came up on Caer Azkaban once. Someone was insisting that Harry hook up with Elminster. Now let us never talk of it again.