1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Charmed...An Enigma

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Avitus, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

Ok, I'm obsessed. There's no two words about it (actually those were two words...i'm...obsessed... interesting...). I love this show (the earlier seasons at any rate), I have the first three seasons on DVD and watch them all the time. Could it be the scantily clad form of Alyssa Milano that features throughout? Possibly. Could it be the fact that Holly Combs is the second hottest woman on the show? Maybe. Could it be Shannen Doherty's funny eye confuses me? Most definately, yes.

Now the show may not be the best plotwise, or even in continuity (their fathers first appearance was as Victor Halliwell, a suave business man who insists on calling his eldest daughter by her full name, Prudence, and doesnt recognise his youngest. The second time we met him, he's a gruff looking - still a business man, Victor Bennett who has a newfound love for his daughters...just a slight 180 there).

Anyways, the point of this thread (there really isn't one actually) is that I got excited tonight and started searching for prop replicas (an old habit of mine dating from my young trekkie days *shudders*) and found these amazing Book of Shadows replicas.

This one looks to be less accurate than the one I want:

Tallpoppy Studio

This is the one I ultimately am going to save up for:

Go through and look at all the pages, its amazing

And this is the one I'll be getting with my next paycheque:

Either one is good, they're clearance so they're cheap... but aren't books like this supposed to be unique? I don't want perfection, just to indulge my fantasies of blowing things up with fire...hehehehe yay!

On a side note, my other purchases are going to be from the Harry Potter realm:

The Romancian

The Potion's Master

Just yesterday I was holding $920 in my fire throwing (HA! I wish :oops:) and greedy hands...blast that trip to mexico coming up in March :evil:

2. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Watched the show once or twice but ultimately it bored the hell out of me. Yeah the girls are hot, but the total lack of plot, and the happiness just made me detest it.

3. Miss Selarne

Miss Selarne Sixth Year

I think Charmed is ok when there's nothing else to watch. But half the time I can't figure out what channel its on.

4. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I watched it the first two seasons with my wife, but after that it got boring and stale, and we only watched it whenever we had a day off, simply b/c 2 episodes came on before ER. (which also sucks after a bit)

There's only so many ways you could see the sisters in mortal peril, trying to figure out how to save things before it gets old.

What the hell ever happened with the Wyatt storyline? I remember Chris got send back in time or something, wound up being wyatt's brother, and wyatt was going to turn evil.

The bit with Cole was decent, but it flopped around way too much. Is he : good, evil, good, evil, xrepeat until the rating fall.

5. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

An elder who was the headmaster of the magic school (er..i forget his name..it'll probably come to me in a bit), had been in contact with his counterpart in an alternate universe where good is bad and bad is good, and was corrupted. He was convinced by his counterpart that in order to save his world he needed to make wyatt evil. In the end... the guy was killed by leo after he had killed future!chris, saving the timeline and keeping wyatt from becoming evil. At the end of the episode baby!chris was born. TA DA! end of storyline.

6. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

7. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

i lost track after leo became an avatar

8. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

I haven't seen any Charmed after they vanquished Cole the second time.

But in those seasons Leo is just a little coward. He reminds me of Harry in a lot of Harry/Ginny stories.

Harry = Leo
    Ginny = one of the sluts.

9. Spacks

Spacks Order Member DLP Supporter

I hate this show.

It's full of cliche's and predictable story lines.

All it seems to be about is giving the 12-14yr a show to watch men getting they're ass kicked by 3 pussy chicks with the worst one-liners and spells that just don't make sense.

My overall rating: 1

Worst. Show. Ever.

10. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

thanks for the opinion...but I guess the utter brilliance of watching Alyssa Milano (and the other two) run around in short skirts and low tops blowing things up is just lost on some people :p

11. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

One episode is OK if you do that. But the characters are so uninteresting.

12. Spacks

Spacks Order Member DLP Supporter

I appreciate the fact that they are hot.

But the only way you'd get me to watch 2 episodes is by fucking up my hearing so I don't have to hear them.

13. SlytherinDamian

SlytherinDamian Raptured to Hell

Paige, Phoebe and Cole are hot... the rest... meh. I watch it sporadically when I happen to find it on... like Buffy.