1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Are you any good at cooking? Got a favourite recipe that you love to cook or bring out to impress that special someone? Why not share it! A new forum called The Burrow has opened and it's all about homemaking!

Clusterfuck of Suresh

Discussion in 'Hall of Shame' started by Suresh, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Suresh

Suresh Died Doing the Right Thing

High Score:
    The Lie I've Lived by jbern. It reads like a published novel to me. Read it yearly. Read it a month ago still stands as the best I've read.

2. Suresh

High Score:
    Maybe Dumbledore gave him the job because he felt sorry for him being a squib.

3. Suresh

High Score:
    I think Liverpool still have a chance. Get Matip, Mane back and Coutinho up to speed and they will give Chelsea a good go.

4. Suresh

High Score:
    Its been a month since I read it. Anyway TLIL reads like a published novel. The first person is excellent giving details without going overboard. HJ is the coolest character you can't help but love him. Didn't like Fleur too much in this but jbern gave her a new character altogether. Sorting hat what can I say but genius. Thank you jbern for this amazing fanfic.

5. Suresh

High Score:
    Whats your relationship with Harry?

I feel attached to him. While reading a story I'm rooting for him. Hoping he succeeds in his endeavor even if he is doing a wrong thing. Hoping for the best for him in everything. I would get pissed of if the author killed him off or have him suffer with no retribution. Its like he has become a loved one for me.

6. Suresh

High Score:
    Is the The Lie I've lived the best HP fanfic ever written?

Pacing is nearly perfect. Witty dialogue. Great Original ideas. The best action I've ever read in fan-fiction(that I can recall). Creative spell usage and theory. Author is actually published I think. Good humour. Low filler.

7. Suresh

High Score:
    Not comparing with canon here but with other fanfics. No Library is for reviews not comparing fanfics.
    Well its rated 5 stars on DLP by 300 users so the TLIL is a credible contender.

---------- Post automerged at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Some aspects of it are trite, especially in the opening with the Dumbledore and Weasley bashing being the event that sets off the plot, and some parts of it haven't aged very well, but overall its a great independent Harry fic with good action sequences, a completely original plot and a very Indiana Jones-esque atmosphere mixed with a coming of age story but The Lie I've Lived is amazing, absolutely stellar. There's a few plot decisions I might be able to criticize if I did a fresh re-read but jbern's writing is excellent enough to make it unnoticeable.

8. Suresh

High Score:
  9. Suresh

High Score:
    When did you lose your virginity?

14 or 15 I think when I lost it with my boyfriend.