1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Code Geass: Reversal of Roles?

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Zeitgeist, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

...I didn't quite know where to post this, but this subforum felt like the best choice.

Okay, arguably Code Geass reverses the roles of stereotypical characters from Mecha anime, especially from Gundam Anime. For example, a Char-esque character is not the villain (arguably), but the main character/hero, while the Kira Yamato/Amuro blend is not the protagonist but the antagonist.

We also have an Anti-Lacus on the side of the "enemy".

I've read and seen enough CG fics starring Lelouch as the main character. He is probably the best character in the fandom, but I was wondering if there are any decent Suzaku-centric fics out there. The CG Anime had done the Char-POV thing already, so I was wondering if any fanfic authors decided to see what it'd be like to reverse the Reversal.

Yes, Suzaku is a whiny turncoat at times, but is it too much to ask to see a decent fanfic which focuses on his exploits? AU, Canon-compliant, doesn't matter. It annoys me that most Suzaku fanfics have him either OOC or involve him in some SuzaLulu slash.

I just think Suzaku has potential with his character, especially when it comes to Euphemia and C.C. The anime just hints at what kind of interactions C.C. and Suzaku would have; somehow, I think the dynamic would be different to Lulu/C.C.

Also, there's that infamous Suzaku/Shirley scene, which makes me go WTF? Has any fanfic actually explored that possibility?

...tl;dr, are there any decent Suzaku-centric fics which keep him IC? As in, not "hot-for-Lelouch", "24/7 I will rip you to shreds!1!1!", or "I fart butterflies all the time".

(lol, ironically an IC-Suzaku probably involves elements of all three)

2. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I don't think so.

tl;dr; No.

3. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

Yes.

/filler

4. Pomegranate

Pomegranate Second Year

I've looked for an IC Suzaku, but there just aren't that many decent Code Geass fanfics to begin with. Look at how many HP fanfics there are, and think of how many are readable...then how many actually stick to the canon-like representations of the characters...yup. It's sad, but a realistic Suzaku probably isn't going to happen. You could give writing it a go :)

5. DrSarcasm

DrSarcasm Headmaster

Without being ironic, are there actually any good CG fics? I saw the series and was wondered what could be done with fanfics, but considering how it's likely that its 98% slash, I kinda didn't want to read.

6. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Not many; check this thread for recommendations.