1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Code Geass Season 3 - Lelouch of the Resurrection

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Pure Infinity, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

Link and link.

We live in interesting times. I can only hope it won't be complete shit. Thoughts? Are you excited? Bemoaning them ruining the ending of season 2?

Personally, I'm cautiously optimistic, but I wasn't a huge fan of the first two seasons in the first place.

2. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

With this announcement, Cowboy Bebop 2: Takin' your Money can't be far behind. Definitely closer than Evangelion (1.0+1.0)/2+3.0*1.

3. Haze

Haze Second Year

How would they ruin the ending to season two? It was pretty likely that

Lelouch survived because he took his father's code and thus became immortal like C.C.

Anyways, i'm feeling pretty hype for this. The "summary" movies are a little unnecessary in my opinion but more Lelouch/C.C moments are more than welcome.

That traitor Oghi better die in this one though.

4. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Well, that interpretation of the ending has never been confirmed and even more, at first the creators said it definitely didn't happen. Since then they changed their stance, either because they realized that the information available suggests it could happen, or because they didn't want to argue with fans who preferred that ending.

Whether they decided to use it in a sequel or it's going to happen differently is a mystery at the moment.

5. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wat. Didn't see this coming.

So. Time or dimension shenanigans? Spin-off? Or an actual damn sequel from where S2 ended? Cause Code Geass was pretty much done at that point. What, EU is the new evil empire, Suzaku fucked up, and Lelouch has to return as Zero or some convoluted shit?

I dunno, I'm a bit apprehensive.

Well, the Resurrection in the title probably means that either Lelouch is dead and somehow ends up alive, or he's alive but has to resurrect Zero, despite whatever happened with Suzaku.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  6. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

So, after trying to recreat the sucess of Code Geass (Valvrave, Cross Ange) or making spin-offs, Sunrise finally realized that they need to bring back Lelouch as Lelouch? I'm okay with that.

Also, if this invalidated the creators statement that Lelouch is dead, I'm double okay with that.

And the obligatory - ALL HAIL LELOUCH !!!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  7. Hopper

Hopper Fourth Year

So, this could be a train-wreck, or it could be a complete train-wreck, or it could be decent. But given the quality of every other spinoff work that has been made to milk Code Geass (I'm looking at you, mangas and OVAs), I'm wary.

The movie trilogy ought to be a good barometer of how much writing talent they're expending on this.

8. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Can't say I'm very interested in a sequel.

9. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm apprehensive. Season 1 of Code Geass remains one of my favorite series, it wasn't the deepest philosophically or the darkest but the action scenes were great and a lot of the Zero moments just gave me goosebumps. S2 didn't live up to the first, pacing felt off, fights weren't as good and some Zero moments felt more ridiculous the epic but it developed and gave a good ending, tying everything together and leaving enough evidence for the fandom to interpret it to their liking.

The only way I can see S3 working is picking up the more mystical elements that were hinted at then dropped in S1. The Codes, Geass, etc. Reduce the cast size and have it be more of a mystery, character story for Lelouch and C.C. Unfortunately that route would necessitate dropping a lot of the mecha action which is kind of central to the whole Code Geass IP.

10. Tutorial Boss

Tutorial Boss Seventh Year

To be honest this largely has cash grab written all over it.

11. vapidlyuninteresting

vapidlyuninteresting Squib

High Score:
    I'm totally okay with cash grabbing if it's anywhere near the originals in quality

12. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Code Geass had some high points, but it wasn't all that great. And season two really jumped off the deep end.

13. Abaddon

Abaddon Squib

High Score:
    I really liked the ending of season two. Hope they won't ruin it, although I won't get my hopes up too high.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  14. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor