1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Cold Days

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Joschneide, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

2. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    From what I understand it's because he wants the books to be accessible to new readers. Even if they can't understand everything that's going on, he wants them to be able to at least get a feel for the characters. Since each book DOES bring in new readers.

3. Tarquinn

Tarquinn Second Year DLP Supporter

Still haven't got a copy, here is a copy of what I posted on Jims forums 10mins ago.

Yeah I’m in the same boat mate, been trying to find a copy to read for 2 bloody days!!! Amazon doesn’t have release date shipping to Aus, so the Hardcover book I have already paid for and have expedited shipping for still won’t apparently arrive until Dec 15, for this reason I decided to buy an electronic version as well so I can read it closer to release date.
    However.
    Barnes and nobles won’t sell me a copy because I have no U.S address, and on Amazon the publishers are raping me for a book that I am going to buy twice and still won’t let me get it on time. God bloody f**king nightmare, just because I live in Australia I don’t think I deserve this sh*t. I love Butchers work, and want to support his magnificent work, but if I have not already paid for 2 copies’s which I still don’t have, I would go and bloody get a pirate version.
    I hope the 29th is based on Australian time and not the U.Ks otherwise I Gonne be pissed.

4. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What is your local bookshop and what state are you in?

5. Tarquinn

Tarquinn Second Year DLP Supporter

Vic, and the closest book store is 1 1/2 drive away, so a 3 hour round trip to fork out what was for ghost story $45. With the price of fuel I am still ahead, if only just.

6. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hmmm, fair enough. I'm in a fairly major QLD town and local stores still only got Cold Days in the day of release, so it seems like Australia has been a bit shafted in some areas.

7. Larken

Larken Squib

I used to order books from Amazon often, but recently their shipping speeds have been lacklustre at best. I've since moved on to bookdepository - slightly higher prices, but free shipping worldwide within 5-10 days.

Just putting out an option. Sounds like a better bet for those in Australia.

8. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I ordered over Amazon and the book has already been dispatched. Supposed to arrive today or tomorrow.

9. TurnCoat

TurnCoat First Year

I don't really post here. But, I will do so just to say that the purpose of Demonreach is pure awesome. Go and get the book now!

10. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I got mine from amazon today.

11. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Marathoned it all night and just finished it a few minutes ago. My god it was glorious, and a bit heart breaking in places.

One thing is for sure nobody on this forum came even CLOSE to how awesome Jim's Fairy courts are.

12. Fatality

Fatality Order Member

So does anyone know when the iBooks copy will become available? I saw some people on reddit saying they had already downloaded it, but it still hasn't released for me despite the fact that it's been November 29th for a few hours now.

My best guess is that it has something to do with me being Australian - so do any Americans already have access to iBooks version? Either that or we have to wait for it to be the 29th in the US, I suppose. That would definitely be annoying.

13. Delirium

Delirium Fourth Year

Certainly got real close regarding other things though.

14. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Yeah... but it's TOO much. Even... one... thing would have been enough. To take it to the extent that they did, jesus.

15. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

16. Dreamweaver Mirar

Dreamweaver Mirar Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

He mentioned that he did in his AMA. There is a JimButcher who is pretty active, but I dunno if it's him.

17. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

So I went to the local bookstore. The clerk assured to me that they had the book there when I called there beforehand. So, I went to pick it up. And of course they had not updated their catalog yet and the book had been sold. New ones will arrive some time next week. The only problem is that by local I mean 2h driving from my place, or shit expensive public transport. Fuck my life.

18. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Look. I'm NOT telling you guys that we have an electronic version on IRC for those who are experiencing problems like Peteks. Because we DON'T. So I suggest you guys DON'T get on IRC, because we CAN'T help you.

WINK.

WINK.

NUDGE.

NUDGE.

You're still expected to buy the book after you DON'T read it via that source that DOESN'T exist.