1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Conquest by Michael Wong - Star Wars/Star Trek

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by R. E. Lee, Apr 3, 2016.

1. R. E. Lee

R. E. Lee Groundskeeper

Title: Conquest
    Author: Michael Wong
    Rating: n/a
    Genre: General/Action
    Fandom: Star Wars/Star Trek crossover
    Pairings: n/a
    Summary: (from TV Tropes) The fanfic starts when the Federation starship USS Carolina chases a Jem'Hadar ship through a wormhole, and finds itself in The Galaxy Far Far Away. That galaxy had split off the official EU at an unspecified date when Han and Leia were killed, and Anakin Solo has decided to put some order in the galaxy. In short, now he is the new Emperor, and his siblings are his sidekicks. The Federation crew is captured and interrogated when suspected to be rebels. While eventually discovered not to be, that is hardly better for them. You see, it seems that the Emperor has a small problem. He just crushed the Rebellion... he needs new enemies.
    Link: http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Fanfic/Conquest/

I brought this up in the crossovers thread, and Xandrel encouraged me to put it up. Well, finally did. I really enjoyed this story on the reread. Previous comments:

2. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

5/5

Definitely belongs in the library. I stand by my statements quoted in the OP.

3. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Lol, my statement really doesn't add much to anything...

From what I remember, this was basically a "why you suck" story for the Star Trek universe, where the overwhelmingly superior Star Wars military force (a resurrected Empire led by the Legends Solo kids, IIRC) curbstomps the Federation and everyone else in the ST verse. I remember enjoying that a lot because Star Trek really, really sucks in its depiction of weapons and military stuff -- probably because Roddenberry was a massive pinko. I don't remember much of what the actual plot is supposed to be, except for Picard relishing the chance to wipe out the Borg, and there's a neat twist at the end.

If/when I re-read this I'll post an actual review.

4. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Red Aviary

It must be stated however that Star Trek characters are portrayed favorably in this story. I get the feeling that the author respects them at the very least.