1. Another story competition is beginning! (Q1 2018)

"You're bleeding on my floor."

We've moved to a quarterly format, so you really have no excuse not to participate this time.

So check out the new thread discussing scoring, rules, and other such matters in the in the Story Competitions forum and get cracking.

Dismiss Notice

Corrupt me in the ways of the fandom!

Discussion in 'Introduction Archives [Closed]' started by eldritcher, Mar 30, 2011.

1. eldritcher

eldritcher First Year

Hi, I am just getting started in HP fandom under the name Eldritcher.

I chanced upon this forum while searching for Dumbledore centric fics since I was really intrigued by his characterisation in the novels.

I am only beginning to read fanfiction in HP fandom. I am going to hunt the forums for Dumbledore-centric or Riddle-centric fics. I don't like reading too explicit content. I don't know why all the Dumbledore-fics I found so far include an angsty Snape. I am hoping to find novels set before 1960s. I liked MinervaMcTabby's Two Worlds and In Between on ff.net.

I love lengthy stories. WIPs are fine as long as they get regularly updated. Too many exclamation marks gives me a queasy feeling while reading a fic. Capitalisation puts me off.

I have started writing an AU story in HP fandom with the timeline beginning in the late 1930s. My first taste of fanfiction.net (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6855137/1/Eldritch)was the infamous Type2 error. (Whimpers) I hope they sort it out soon because I don't know the A, B, C's of navigating that site and this error is rapidly draining my confidence levels. A friend helped me post the story by some sneak tactics and it worked. The character selection is empty, though. What a terrible start to my life in HP fandom! However, I got one precious review :D That is cause enough to celebrate in my book.

I hope to find my bearings in this forum and in the HP fandom soon!
    Eldritcher.

2. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

...Thats a dangerous request... Here is a good place to start, though.

3. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Could do with a little more information about you...

Also, I've yet to find a decent story in the category you're searching for.

If you haven't figured out already, Vash is just whoring out his infamous Harry/Lily/OC incest fic.

4. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

I envy you for your innocence. Now that you've found DLP, however, you will be corrupted quickly.

Also, I agree with Sion, let's hear some more about you.

5. eldritcher

eldritcher First Year

Spaceghost, Thank you for the rec! I look forward to reading it. I hope it is lengthy! Rubs hands in anticipation :D

---------- Post automerged at 23:19 ---------- Previous post was at 23:16 ----------

I found a Tom-Hagrid stepbrothers story on the site Sugar Quill. Other than that, I have had no luck. I hope to find the good ones soon! I have a few promising looking fics on my list from some of the forum threads here.

I like this tag! Thank you for the warning. I was wondering why there was James and Sirius in the first chapter when I did a rapid scan

---------- Post automerged at 23:44 ---------- Previous post was at 23:19 ----------

I didn't know what else to say:D
    I work as a political correspondent for a national daily. The job is a lot of fun but it doesn't leave time for anything else. Right now, with the assembly elections looming ahead, it has been terrible.

I live in Bangalore. It's a fascinating mix of techies, flower-vendors and retired militarymen.

I found LiveJournal during nanowrimo last year. I love reading some of the political blogs there.

I will rack my brains for more later!

---------- Post automerged at 23:45 ---------- Previous post was at 23:44 ----------

I didn't know what else to say:D
    I work as a political correspondent for a national daily. The job is a lot of fun but it doesn't leave time for anything else. Right now, with the assembly elections looming ahead, it has been terrible.

I live in Bangalore. It's a fascinating mix of techies, flower-vendors and retired militarymen.

I found LiveJournal during nanowrimo last year. I love reading some of the political blogs there.

I will rack my brains for more later!

6. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

... You know you can multiquote, right? Click the little white circle with the ", itll turn red. Do it for every post you want to quote >_>.

7. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

lol Another Indian .So can you tell which daily you write for.

8. Grinning Lizard

Grinning Lizard Supreme Mugwump

Instant and irreversible kudos to the man if he actually comes back after reading Oedipus Flower.

@OP: The C2 would be a good place to start.

9. eldritcher

eldritcher First Year

It's The Hindu, klackerz :)

@Grinning Lizard - I quick-skimmed the fic. By then, I was lucky enough to get a warning. So I guess I escaped with my wits and innocence intact!

10. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Give'er a link to The Office. That'll corrupt her thoroughly.

11. Perspicacity

Perspicacity High Score: 3,994 Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Welcome to DLP, eldritcher. I hope you find much to enjoy here.

This is easily one of the best Riddle-centric stories out there.