1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Counter-Strike Global Offensive

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Kurufinwe, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

I played CS:GO back in 2014, and was MGE at the time. From what I understand the ranks have been reset shifted since then though, and I don't play any fps's anymore so I'll probably be garbage. I think the game's good, I just find it hard to enjoy without a premade party to muck around with.

2. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

557 Hours.

Matchmaking there aren't any language issues, more communication issues with the majority of players being young white australians. (e.g assholes and racist as fuck.)

3. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

~6500 hours, I was GE but curently unranked as I do not play MM. Tried esea but too many salty and toxic people playing for rws only. I play as a team and faceits (lvl 10 around 2300-2400 elo) and trying to get in fplc. Also ffaceit > esea in EU.

4. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

I've picked this up again after watching SovietWomble's vids, and then a friend invited me to a comp match a few months back. Not much for playing solo queue but I do a lot of casual Dust2.

My mechanics and reaction speed are pretty garbage, and I think I'll end up somewhere in mid-low silver, but it's pretty fun and I'm still learning a ton that I've never paid attention to when I screwed around on surf/aim maps.

5. Dye

Dye Second Year DLP Supporter

I hit Supreme a few months back and then gave up on matchmaking because trying hit GE would take a ridiculous amount of time (it seemed like there was a hacker every other game) and it was no longer fun. Right now, the only time I play "competitive" is with weekly 10 man pugs that I organise between friends and randoms I find on community servers. I've found that playing the game with the intention of having fun is actually more fun than playing with the intention of winning. Funny how that works isn't it?

The only other thing I do is play on KZ servers. The movement system in CS is just so good that I can play a jump map for hours on end.

EDIT: Might as well throw this out there. If you're interested in the 10 man pugs, add me on steam. It's sometimes a struggle to find ten people who are online at the same time, and new people keep it interesting.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  6. ApicNexie

ApicNexie Squib

High Score:
    I gonna go ahead and add u then, interns are always fun.

7. Jax

Jax Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Is anyone following the cs go pro scene? Its been pretty strange with online during 2020.

But Astralis seems pretty hot coming into 2021. And all other teams are doing the standard shuffle.

Predicts for the Blast final?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021