1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Crossover Thoughts... Avatar: TLA/Harry Potter

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Mujaki, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Mujaki

Mujaki First Year

Experiments adjlbla lkhaskld

You read my mind. I'm going to revise what I've written thus far to incorporate the idea of the Spirit World. Branching out from that, I'd like to explore the idea that perhaps the Spirit World is a universal place... somehow (I'm still working that bit out). It's a simple enough thing to write Harry as being the Avatar, and let him run around and have adventures (simple, but rarely well-written), but there has to be a way to blend the worlds.

I try to write quality works... sometimes I think I fare well (as in Skipping Stones), and sometimes I don't (my Harry/Hermione fic that was written in the midst of that pairing's heyday). I want this to be feasible, I want this to work out... but writing also has to be fun. I'm doing this because I think it would be fun to write - and I brought the idea up here at DLP because, for all the snarkiness against the n00bs who didn't read any of the stickies (or troll just to troll), I think this is a group of fans who can help me become a better writer. No matter how retarded the initial idea might be.

2. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That sounds like a better idea. Don't be afraid to revise the direction of your story on the fly, especially if the original idea had some serious flaws in it.

Speaking of Skipping Stones, some of us are anxiously awaiting the next chapter...

3. Mujaki

Mujaki First Year

I have the first part of an untitled prologue following this train of thought ready for the Collective to pick apart. Should I post it here, or in the Harry Potter WBA thread?

4. justbrowsing

justbrowsing Seventh Year

Misc work by author probably is the best place

5. Mujaki

Mujaki First Year

I just checked in there and it looks like it is strictly work for other fandoms. Nuhuh's Bleach/HP crossover was listed in Harry Potter WBA, along with other crossovers, so I'm thinking that's where I need to go.

6. justbrowsing

justbrowsing Seventh Year

Oh I think I must have misunderstood your story. Yeah you are probably right then. Good ol precedents.