1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Dakaath: Prince of Darkness by LT2000 - M/NC17

Discussion in 'Restricted Section' started by LT2000, Jun 7, 2005.

1. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Title: Dakaath: Prince of Darkness
    Author: LT2000
    Rating: M (R)
    Chapters: 30
    Words: 220,536
    Updated: 03-15-06
    Published: 01-21-05
    Pairings: Harry Potter/Cho Chang, Harry Potter/Hitomi Kurahama (OC), various other lesser and generally unimportant pairings
    Summary - Post OotP, Dark!Harry. A mysterious summons brings Harry to Gringotts, where he learns of his true heritage as a dakaath, a demonic parallel of the veela, and of his destiny as the heir of Lord Grindelwald. Harry/Cho and Harry/Fem!OC with other minor pairings. No slash.
    Link - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2229687/1/

Since this story apparently has some following around here, I thought I'd put up an official topic for it. Post any comments, questions, et cetera here and I'll try to answer them. I gave up on trying to respond to every review I get on fanfiction.net a long time ago, but hopefully this will be more manageable.

Checked July 23, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2012
  2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I love this story!

You got to admit thou, Harry Potter walking around Hogwarts in some of those clothes he wears in your story would be a funny sight to see :p

3. nightangel960

nightangel960 Fifth Year

sweet story, can't wait to see what happens between the three sides next

4. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Nor can I...this story has to be one of my favorite. I especially liked when he tore apart all of the Death Eaters at the train.

5. nightangel960

nightangel960 Fifth Year

yeah I have to agree. he stopped giving quarter to the death eaters and started killing them, same with everyone else on the train. I can't wait to see wha'll happen next as the school basically lost faith in Dumbledore and they are thinking of what'll happen next.

6. Lord Ravenclaw

I usually hate Dumbledore, because even in canon I think hes a bit manipulative, though not to the degree most stories make it out to be.

7. nightangel960

nightangel960 Fifth Year

I know.. altho I don't know why he keeps on putting Harry back at he Dursley's.

8. Lord Ravenclaw

Supposedly for his protection, however I wonder if there is a ulterior motive.

9. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Those of you who hate Dumbles are going to love this next chapter of Happy Red Prince.

10. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Dumbles bashing is the way of the future!

Can't wait to see what happens :D

11. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Next chapter is posted, though I'll probably go back and revise it some tomorrow.

12. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Updated yesterday. Honestly, my inspiration to keep with this fic is beginning to dwindle a bit. The plot is extremely complicated and riddled with different angles. The comparatively low reviewer response on this chapter this far is certainly not helping matters either. It's really sort of reached the point where I'm writing Prince of Darkness more for the sake of the people who follow it than for my own enjoyment, and that's been the case for a while now. I take low feedback as a sign of a general lack of interest in the story, and thus primary means of inspiration is evaporating. Maybe I just did something wrong, but I personally felt that this most recent chapter ranked among my better fanfiction efforts.

13. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I liked it a bit too.

I know how ya feel about the reviewer response, I got all hyped when I posted Traitor's here, but when I went to FF it's been slow to pick up.

I'd just chalk it up to the fact that neither of our stories are the Harry/Ginny bullshit everyone seems to thrive on.

I'll finish my story eventually, but right now.. meh. HBP just ruined the rest of the HP world for me =(

14. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Thats too bad :(. Maybe you should start a new story? I dunno.

15. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Maybe I should. I have a bunch of ideas, but I'm just not feeling the spark to put them down. I had the same shit with the last chapter of my other fic as well. It's not so much that I'm getting no reviews at all, but dropping in both cases from 70-80 to like 20-30 shows me that interest is seriously dwindling. Maybe I'm just losing my touch or something.

16. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I'm wondering if it has to do with ppl swearing off fanfics for a bit, incase one of them spoils HBP?

17. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Maybe people are to busy reading the 6th book or the 6th book has changed their views or something. I've already seen several Harry/Hermione authors quit writing now since HBP. Its pretty amazing how much this books fucked things up... lol.

18. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Kind of hard to spoil feces any worse than it is to begin with. :p

19. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Really late in updating this, but I have a final in the morning. I hope to get my chapter finished and posted tomorrow evening sometime.

20. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Dude, I always try to review, but honestly people are fucking lazy. They'll read it and are content to let you keep writing but they just don't want to get off their ass and write a review. Fuck it. If I write a fanfic, I'm doing it mostly to get some writing experience under my belt and to practice my character arc. If you're looking to be recognized you're in the wrong fucking field my friend.

Don't get me wrong I love your story, and ultimately you are doing this so it will be read by SOMEBODY, but the problem is most people just don't give a fuck. Do this for practice. I plan to practice carrying out a story for the experience. If I don't like it anymore I plan on bringing to a very abrupt bullshit ending.

Anyway, that's my two cents.