1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dark Lady Granger

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by FriedIce, Feb 3, 2014.

1. FriedIce

FriedIce Seventh Year

So I'm searching for good fics which center around a Hermione on her way to being crowned the next Dark Lady. She doesn't need to be known as a dark lady or even be interested in the title though, a Hermione who's charmingly amoral would work, as would one with an interest in the dark arts.

You get the picture.

Thanks in advance.

2. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Those are quite few, I believe, and even less so are they actually of some quality.

The closest, I suppose, would be "Dangerous" by blacklotus. Mind you, I'm not exactly a fan of it myself, because while I can accept that Harry isn't the centre of this fic, I cannot wholeheartedly accept how supposedly useless he was without Hermione in his life before the stuff in this fanfic happens, and how he agrees with that assessment.

3. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    A few suggestions:

Applied Cultural Anthropology by jacobk - ... How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Cruciatus. Albus Dumbledore always worried about the parallels between Harry Potter and Tom Riddle. But let's be honest, Harry never really had the drive to be the next dark lord. Of course, things may have turned out quite differently if one of the other muggle-raised Gryffindors wound up in Slytherin instead.

Harry Potter and the Witch Queen by TimeLoopedPowerGamer - After a long war, Voldemort still remains undefeated and Hermione Granger has fallen to Darkness. But despite having gained great power in exchange for a bargain with the hidden Fae, she is still unable to defeat the Dark Lord. As a last resort, she sends Harry back in time twenty years to when he was eleven, using a dark ritual with a terrible sacrifice. Canon compliant AU.

I did one once as well that might be readable in a pinch.

4. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

+1 on Applied Cultural Anthropology. One of my favourite currently updating HP fics. Hermione's development is very believable and her change in character is a lot smoother than most Slytherin!Harry fics.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

5. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Quick question about Applied Cultural Anthropology, what is Harry's role? Is he on Hermione's side, an enemy of hers or relegated to the background?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  6. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

Related -- any unusual "Dark Lady" fics with lesser-used characters in the role?

I'm speaking of the like of Dark Lady Tonks, Fleur, Rosmerta, Lavender, etc.

Also, Ginny if she's becoming the "black sheep" of the family, after the CoS.

7. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    He's a peripheral character, though present. He's not the center of the story and Neville is given more screen time. An ally of Hermione, but not a central fixture of the story (yet).

8. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Thanks for the laugh, I really needed it.

9. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

And, here is the thread for Dangerous, and the post where I express my opinion on it... :fire *Spoilers!*

10. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

That's actually verbalized quite a lot of my own thoughts on the whole fanfic. I could have really liked it if Harry wasn't really just the same as he was before, whereas it seemed the world around him had completely changed, he's still a kid, albeit with working hormones now, mentally speaking.

Also, I had a hearty laugh as to how Ginny reacts to Harry, and would have loved to read about her trying to do something to him, and that sobering him up to the state of things, right before he ships her off back to Hermione stunned and incapacitated.