1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Delenda Est by Lord Silvere - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by craigery9700, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Bikiluf

Bikiluf Seventh Year

Now that you mention it... it was if I remember correctly a bit less of a buzzkill in your story. Now, when are you going to update that shit?

Besides, it's a temporary sollution to the conflict. Nither feels like they've won so they'll probably have another go at it eventually...or fall in love halfway. Bella would still try to kick the shit out of Harry if that were to happen, just to keep him off balance.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
  2. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

The last chapter made me feel like authors need Bella to be great so they are forcing Harry to be 'reachable.' The wand exploding? Alright that makes good sense to move the plot forward; Harry will have to go to Ollivander and get the 'brother wand,' and word of that will get back to DD. But Bella lecturing Harry on his dueling finesse? Please, he's been fighting much tougher death eaters than her. At any rate, his post duel reaction was the worst, no follow through from where he'd been brought: the point to kill Bella.

3. Spunika

Spunika First Year

Updated guys

4. Has been updated.

5. Potterondrugs

Potterondrugs Seventh Year

...Not on fanfiction.net where has it been updated?

6. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

Since the last post mentioning an update it had been. You might have gotten the update email but some of us hadn't known.

7. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

Bellatrix is going to teach Harry muggle duelling. Oh lordy.

8. Potterondrugs

Yeah I thought that was weird. There shouldent be a need to punch someone in the face while your having a duel you can conjure a lion to maul them. I beginning to get irked with the whole Bellatrix/Harry itneraction. She is the type of person to never become romantically engaged or even affectionate twoards anything especially those she considers weaker than her. For there to be a pairing here Harry should be significantly stronger than he is now, How is he being stalemated by a teenager who while talented shoulden't have beet him 5 years ago let alone now.

9. EinStern

EinStern Seventh Year

... What? Is there a chapter I missed somewhere? Because he wasn't stalemated. Bella, on the other hand, got curbstomped when Harry got serious, and she's not dead only because of BlackFamily!Wand dickery. How the Hell did you miss this? Christ.

That said, I can understand her whole lecture on finesse. She's a typical pureblood; she would have been lectured on dueling and all that crap from an early age. Harry, on the other hand, was established early on as a guy who never got much formal training as there was no time to train him; therefore he relies purely on raw power and massive explosions and massive spells in general, which is why he could subdue those two hordes of thugs single handedly.

Oh, and I'm holding off on voting for the moment. The chapters are split about 50/50 between 5/5 and 4/5 right now...

10. Potterondrugs

Well that was after Harry went all Berserk on her. What I meant was when did we get to the point that Bella gets to teach Harry anything?

11. The Greek

The Greek Second Year

You know what? I've had this in my alerts since it started but I don't think I still likeit. Oh, it is very well written, the characters are realistic and the interactions flow together really well but... well what's the point? I've been waiting for the plot to kick in but so far the basic plot is the same as so many other stories it's ridiculous. Yeah, I haven't seen that method of time travel before but that's pretty much it. And that method seems a little implausible. Well, really, a hairpin?

Anyway, of course I'll continue to follow it because really it's one of the few well written fics anymore, but if the author is reading these reviews, well you might want to focus and clear the basic plot a bit. What's Harry's goal? Voldemort's destruction? The survival of his parents? To boink Bellatrix?

I'll give it a 4/5 for now and see if things speed up a bit.

12. EinStern

EinStern Seventh Year

Eh, personally I got the impression that it was more mutual practice than teaching... That said, I get what you mean.

13. Sin Saiori

Sin Saiori Death Eater

Updated folks.

The ball's really rolling now. I'm actually interested to see where all this is going.

14. Random Shinobi

Random Shinobi Unspeakable DLP Supporter

It was a pretty good update and I like where the story is going. Harry is still a bit too pathetic for my tastes, but not nearly as much as in canon. Perhaps he will soon get his shit together, toughen up, and actually start making concrete plans for Voldemort's painful demise...

15. EinStern

EinStern Seventh Year

He meets Voldemort, hopefully gets his shit together, and there's a nice, nice twist at the end there. All in all, good chapter, but the author needs to work on his pace a lil' bit.

16. Rynonis

Rynonis Slug Club Member

Last chapter was the only one of the story I can say legitimately was novel. Wasn't expecting that twist in the end. I've never seen that done. It wasn't like a OMG twist but rather nice to see a new idea.

17. psihary

psihary Groundskeeper

... I've got a polar bear for a neighbour...
    I did like the chapter too, and I agree that the ending was something I haven't read before and rather nice twist of the things.
    Basically the first thought that came to mind was - "Who is the dark lord now", but then the author spend a paragraph in describing Voldemort's appearance, and how it has, supposedly, been already altered by rituals. Whether it really is, or it's just Harry's prejudiced point of view, of course, we don't know yet and that makes it all the better.

What I didn't like from the last update was in the author's notes at the end of the chapter.
    For some reason his request for an advice was worded in a way that sounded like he's asking what will please his readers, so he can adjust to that rather than going along his own plan for the story - of course that is in case he actually has one.

18. samkar

samkar Temporarily Banhammered

At the moment I still hope the writer sees this as an alternate timeline as that would explain why every silly DE Harry seems to have met is in the same class year at Hogwarts and nobody knew about Voldemort in the *late* 70ies.
    Then I don't need to expect some convoluted plot where Harry replaces Voldemort, kills his real parents and tries to kill himself several times to comply with a timeloop or because he went insane. That would really suck.

19. Catman

Catman DA Member

That really depends on your theory of time, or more specifically what you are going to make the reality of your story. I don't remember what fic it was, but I remember one where Harry and Draco went back in time, and Draco made them stick to what they know because by going back in time they had eliminated the future. Point is, that's not something you should be really worrying about, because there is just too many ways to get around that problem,

20. fanficlover

fanficlover Fourth Year

That fic is probably Time to Spare.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2538955/1/