1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Demon’s Feign, Merlin’s Pain by Nuhuh - M - Dresden Files

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Nuhuh, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Sounds pretty good.

Also, the awesomeness has started.

2. CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict Seventh Year DLP Supporter

I just finished reading this in one go, I was leery about starting this just by virtue of the fact that it uses the show as primary canon. At this point I realize that the show is the only thing that works with the plot without having to discard whole chunks of plot from the books.

I must admit, this story is pure win. The characterization is good, the first person narrative flows nicely and each character has their own "voice" for the narration (which is pretty hard to get in an internal monologue, that's usually why most writers stick to one PoV). Those factors on top of an excellent plot and great scene construction make for an extremely enjoyable read. I'm definitely looking forward to the next update.

5/5

3. Glernaj

Glernaj Stab Executive DLP Supporter

I came. But really, it's a bit disconcerting for all of his hallucinations to just be killed off like that. Good work, and continue.

4. Onii

Onii Slug Club Member

all i could think of when i saw this was omgomgomgomgomg and then i read it and was ohshitohshitohshit great job man was worth the wait on it.

5. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

Good job with the injured Harry scene at the start. It's good to know that he's only human, not some machine built to kill. The hallucinations annoy the crap out of me, but there is more story than actual babbling so it's not that annoying. I am beyond impressed on how you handled the dragon. It looked less like a dragon and more like some kind of God! Though I am guessing that's what dragons are in some cultures.

5/5 pure win.

6. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

The hallucinations are something that really divide readers into hate 'em love 'em groups. But I am ready to move past them. They might come back every now and then though; I can't let Romilda Vane just die like that.

Glad you guys liked the update, even though it was so delayed.

The next 10k chapter is written and has been shipped to be beta'd. Unfortunately since it's holiday time, I am not pushing her to get back to me soon. When she can get to it, she'll get to it.

7. Jigokuno

Jigokuno Seventh Year

The hallucinations annoyed the hell out of me but that Drip Drop thing made me like them. You should have done something like that earlier because before this the hallucinations just felt like a shallow way to avoid figuring out a inventive way to tell us what we need to know to understand the story. However after seeing Drip and Drop and how powerful Harry's hallucinations can become when he uses his magic on them it made more sense and I was much less annoyed by them.

8. Nuhuh

Final Chapter

Okay bros and hos. End of a long journey.

The final chapter. Let me know what you all think even if you haven't reviewed before. I'm looking at someone round and huggable now.

Work by Author link: True Dark

FF link: True Dark

PC link: True Dark

9. Glernaj

Glernaj Stab Executive DLP Supporter

Round and huggable? Is that me or Oz? We're both pretty round and huggable. That aside, I found it a bit jarring that nothing was really resolved with Roqariel, you just kinda left that hanging.

10. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Definitely me, and you're thinking of my Catharsis review which I never finished, N.

I dropped you a review at FFN, but I'll add a bit more here.

ILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOU!

Pros to this: Drip-drop, Harry's battle with his sanity, Roqa, conflict with the council, Rashid, Michael and family, the battles and the interaction between Harry and Harry.

Cons: Not enough drip-drop and I'd have liked to have seen more from Roqa and the Denarians, but I'm sure you won't disappoint.

I LOVE YOU! 8D

11. Dizstance

Dizstance Second Year

That was the best version of Voldermort I've ever seen, BY FAR. Amazing last chapter and a great fic overall.

12. Water Mage

Water Mage Denarii Host

I've been into the Dresden Files for a little over 4 years now and this story was the first HP/Dresden xover that I ever read. It remains my favorite and has moments of awesome in every single chapter. There was some plots left dangling but they'll eventually be resolved like you said. The main conflict was between Harry and the White Council and that ended with a bang.

I thought nothing was going to top the fight against Martha Liberty and the Soothsayer but then he had to go and rape and kill a dragon, spank a squad of wardens, and then take on the Merlin himself. Amazing.

The ride from Harry's insanity to sanity, questions to whether was he really either a demon, outisider, or dragon knight, kept me coming back for more. With those questions answered I'm looking forward to seeing whether his Fallen chooses Heaven or Hell and what comes out of his Council turned Order members.

Crowning moment of awesome. Harry resurrects Voldemort to do his dirty work. Best surprise in any fanfiction.

13. Palver

Palver High Inquisitor

Holy fuck! This is the most awesome Voldemort in the fucking history! I can understand why Death Eaters would follow him - he is just that cool. Now I would want every Voldemort in fanfiction to resemble this one :-/

Awesome ending, The Merlin got what was coming to him..Thank you, nuhuh.

14. BloodRedSword

BloodRedSword High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I was hoping that Uuax still alive, so Harry can bring her back to his world and show the rest of the wizarding world what a real dragon looks like... Or he can just rape her..

Fapfap!

15. Ceebee

Ceebee High Inquisitor

[FANBOY MODE ON]
    Words fail me at just how epic this story has been. Your take and vision of the magic used during the combats between characters is highly entertaining, if a bit out of the norm.

Harry v Harry interaction is very good, especially the HarryP + Murphy v HarryD which was pretty funny at times.

Cool thing about this whole story is that theres pretty much the whole Dresden storyline for omakes and little continuations.

16. Oneiros

Oneiros Groundskeeper

THIS. There was a whole plot involving this that wasn't resolved. What about Lasciel? I was expecting to see more Lasciel before this fic was over. This is probably the best crossover I've read, but the ending left much to be desired in the way of solving what I had thought were fairly major plot points...

17. Jigokuno

Jigokuno Seventh Year

Yea I agree. I like the whole Voldemort thing but you left the Roq plotline wide open and it seemed for a good portion of the story to be very important. I know you said you had some episodes you will do later for the story but the Roq plotline seemed to be a main theme of the story.

Other then that it was good if a bit abrupt of a ending. I wasn't expecting things to resolve in this chapter their wasn't much foreshadowing before this chapter that it was ending soon so that was a bit jarring.

18. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think its quite obvious why Nuhuh has ended it now, like it has. He hasn't had the time to write as of late, and in all honesty, if he didn't do his best to just end it now, it probably never would of ended. As far as I am concerned, the senior council, then the dragon, and then TMR VS MERLIN made it worth it. Sure, we will never really resolve so many plot lines. Except maybe in episodic form, as Nuhuh as suggested.

19. Nuhuh

These were my thoughts. I understand and accept the criticisms of the way the story ended. As I said in my author's note at the end I do realize the problems. The Denarian storyline could not be ended in any good way in just a chapter or two, that's why I chose the plotline most along its path to completion to end the story with.

I am very glad all of you liked Voldemort. He was unbelievably fun to write. If for nothing else I will come back to this story to show some interaction between Roqariel and Voldemort. I think that would be highly amusing.

20. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So I normally try to make some semblance of an attempt not to completely fanboy out, but I have to say your Voldemort is what Rowlings wants to be when he grows up. That was the single most awesomely epic Voldemort Ive ever read, ever. I know it won't happen but I wish Rowling would read this and cry in shame for what could have been. What Shezza did for Dumbledore's character you have now done for Voldemort, and by that I mean epic world breaking Took A Level In Badass kind of shit. I loved every bit of this and I really hope you write more when you can. Dresden in HPville sounds great.