1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dexter on Showtime

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by justbrowsing, Oct 20, 2009.

1. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

The hookup was inevitable. Knew that ever since the news of Yvonne Strahovski's nine episode involvement in the show.

But the scene itself was just poor. Dexter is a second from killing her, and that turns into sex because what? She wasn't an angry or crying mess? Didn't feel any attraction in that moment at all. Not that the previous scenes between the two had really established much of one anyway.

I honestly feel that Lumen had more chemistry with Dexter than Hannah has.

2. draconian139

draconian139 DA Member

Yea, it seemed so strange that I actually thought it was a dream sequence until the credits rolled.

3. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

I can understand Hannah's side of it actually. It's obvious that she loved the danger of her 'road trip' when she was younger. Being turned on by the idea of murder is not a new idea. Dexter however confuses me. No where does he hint at having any sort of feelings whatsoever for Hannah, yet he lets her go and jumps her. Dexter's motives don't make sense here. Hannah's I can fathom.

Maybe Dexter just can't resist an emotionally damaged blonde.

Or maybe Hannahs "Do what you have to do." made Dexter realize that they are very similar.

4. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

"It's like I died and went to heaven."

I lol'ed.

5. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Holy shit.

I actually really really liked this season. The last few seasons have been some of the best. On par with the first two.

6. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Seriously, holy shit.

I don't even know what to say. How the fuck am I supposed to wait for next season?

7. Rym

Rym Auror

I'll just echo what everyone else has said... holy shit.

8. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Holy shit!!

9. Infidel

Infidel Auror

That was a good freakin season. But I'm happy that the next one is going to be the last. They can wrap it up very nicely.

I wonder if they are going to have Hannah and Dexter get together and in Argentina in the grand finale or kill her. Maybe Deb takes on the chore of the vigilante, now that she has taken her first steps into being a killer.

Maybe, just maybe, they show Harrison showing signs of being a killer in the end. That would be spectacular.

10. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

Pretty good season overall. It had a few missteps, but it meshed together well.

However, it was a mistake for Dexter not to kill Hannah in the previous episode, even though it was a nice gesture of goodwill towards Deb. There were so many ways that could've backfired on him.

Am I the only one who found the flashbacks in this episode to be completely unnecessary?

Did I miss something in the scene where Hannah placed a plant at Dexter's door? Was that just a message that she was still alive and out there?

After Deb killing LaGuerta (finally someone in the cast dies; I can only hope Quinn dies early next season), I can easily see this as Deb unraveling next season and finally turning Dexter in or killing him due to her guilt. I can't see Dexter killing Deb though for the same reasons he chose her over Hannah.

I don't really see a happy ending for this.

Joe
  11. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    I get the feeling that:

Dexter is apparently slated for 2 more seasons.

I see Season 8 as the guilt consuming Deb, and her suicide is the cliffhanger or culmination of that season.

Season 9 is Dexter vs. Angel.

As, some seasons ago, Dexter told Angel (something along these lines) that he was the man he wished he could be.

They are, technically, opposites - Dexter wants to be Angel, but never can be. So for it to come down between those two brings the series full circle.

Whatever happens, this is, tentatively, one of the best laid plans on television.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  12. Dwitty

Dwitty Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Season seven, the one we've just watched, was one of the two last seasons. The next one, season eight, is the last.

Link

I'm not sure where this is going, but I like that. I'm rewatching the show from season one to five at the moment so something might occur to me.

I liked this season a great deal. Even if it is contrasting, perhaps even retconning, slightly: and since we're using spoilers for some reason...

the dynamic between Doakes and LaGuerta wasn't present in season one which I've just rewatched but rather was more professionally orientated, Dexter previously deliberately avoided dealing with gangsters specifically because their world is dangerous enough to kill them for him and other bits and pieces that escape my memory.

I've checked to see what the actor that played Lumen is up to next year, to see if she'll be making a return. But that info isn't up yet. Same goes for Yvonne Strahovski.

I'm eagerly looking forward to the resolution to the show and am grateful they're writing one rather than being forced by budgets or eventual surprise cancellation to rush one out. A lot of my favourite shows have either ended (House) or are about to (Dexter and Breaking Bad). I'm in danger of needing something else to watch.

13. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I don't fit Harry's code

Ho. Lee. Shit.

They better not mess this up.

14. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Link Cas? is that from a trailer?

15. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

That's from the first ep, which aired last night. Shit's gonna go down. Dexter and Debra are both losing their shit, and it's fantastic. Final season woo! Let's do this.

16. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    whoa holy shit I thought it's in september holy mother of fuck shit jesus fucking christ

17. Hachi

Hachi Death Eater

Funny. Vogel can mean crazy in german.

I wonder if Vogel was a close friend of Harry by association with Cpt Matthews. Maybe she even 'helped' Harry deal with Dexter when he was a kid, by giving some advice. Which would mean that she probably has known all along that Dex was the Bay Harbor Butcher. Anyway, this finale is starting great.

18. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Holly fucking shit, next episode's trailer. :awesome

P.S. Hannah is without a doubt one of my favorite female characters as of late.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  19. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Let's see, first of all, Vogel is lieing to Dexter, that is for sure. Take for example when Vogel calls Dexter up and says someone might be in the house. We see her as she makes the call, we don't hear any sound, we don't see any shadow. Heck, they could have just shown her walk up to her house and find the door open. But there is no indication, even remote, that someone was there.

Now, the writers could be trying to trick us here, making us think about all of this and just come up empty, but over the course of seven seasons they have not bothered to think this deep themselves so I am fairly sure they are not doing it right now either.

Once we can assume that she herself left the door open, it means that she put the disk here, so either she was the other person in that disk or she knew the other person and he gave her the disk.

That leads us to... crazy theory time.

Vogel has decided to clean up her shit, for whatever reason. She is making her patients/creations kill each other. She will herself kill the last man standing which would obviously be Dexter.

Yeah... might be a little too crazy. But the other stuff is not too far off I think.

20. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I'm starting to get real beginning of the end vibes.