1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dexter on Showtime

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by justbrowsing, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This episode is fucking waaaaat, I was hoping for more Deb/Dexter shit.but instead goddamn Yates and Vogel are having a scene where she plays off his trauma, useful but lolwat.

2. Evil Shnitzel

Evil Shnitzel High Inquisitor

Waiting for Hannah now =)
    Even though the thing with Hamilton Jr. is interesting as well.. Dexter is having a real protege

3. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Well.... that was interesting and unexpected.

Just as I was starting to like him too.

I did kind of have the thought that it might be Vogal when they were comparing photo's on the computer at her house. But it seemed so far fetched that I dismissed it almost immediately.

4. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I loved it when the doctor played house with them at the end and trolled the shit out of Dexter and his girl.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  5. disturbed27

disturbed27 Professor

Man. Up until Vogal was kidnapped I thought it was her. Then I dismissed it. Turns out I was right.

6. Another Empty Frame

High Score:
    I don't think this is going to end well, as in, it won't be well done.

7. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

I'm only watching because I've followed it from the start. Series should've ended with Deb shooting Dexter at the end of last season. Much stronger finish than whatever we're going to get, judging from the quality of this season.

Deb verses Dexter was what I was hoping for after the end of season seven, but that was resolved within, what, three episodes?

We got instead Vogul. She started off promising enough but quickly became underwhelming. Her death was predictable and I didn't feel Dexter should've been as torn up about as he was given the interaction we'd seen. Then Zac had potential. The family thing between Zac, Vogul and Dexter was far too rushed though.

Then Saxon. Speaking of underwhelming...

Issak from last season was so much more interesting. And threatening. And thought out. And acted. Even Travis from season six was better than this.

8. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

Saxon is fucking idiotic. And the writing - you can literally skip through 50-60% of the episode and not miss anything out. "I want Deb to be with someone who cares for her."?! Seriously, in the penultimate episode? I've seen more dramatic tension in those fanfics sent to the recycle bin.

This season isn't just badly executed, there doesn't seem to be any bloody cohesion at all. It starts of with Deb vs Dex, but that's resolved soon enough. There's Vogal, who seemed interesting for a bit, but then her motivations just became too confused and boring to untangle. And that mommy fetish of a son Saxon may be the most yawn-inducing serial killer ever to grace television. No plot arc holding the disparate bits together, no threat of discovery, just a stupid love arc with an extremely sexy lady who's acting is mediocre, at best, and character is absolutely teethless.

And the worst part is, I watch this after BB.

9. w1lliam

w1lliam Groundskeeper

I can't wait, only one more episode and I'm done with it.

10. Another Empty Frame

High Score:
    Hey just so I can say it first FUCK THIS SHIT

I regret starting in on season 7 at all, it went so poorly from there to the end D8

I just... the Hurricane was meh but would be a good way to end it... BUT THAT WASN'T THE FUCKING END.

Instead we got that SHIT

Fuck man, I might be done with new TV shows until the Boondocks Season 4 in January :(

11. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Yeah, this season is no doubt one of it's worst.

I'd have rather had Dexter get killed taking Saxon down than this shit.

12. Another Empty Frame

High Score:
    thankfully this is the last... as of right now

I honestly hope they change that just so this isn't how it ends. Either giving it a 3 part miniseries ala Sherlock, or making a couple more seasons with better writers. I just don't want it to end with this shit man. It's so fucking sad to see a show I used to love end so poorly.

13. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

I hope Scott Buck never gets another job ever again. Unless it's a twilight TV show or something.

14. The Fine Balance

I was flabbergasted by the ending. I don't understand how they could do this - I mean, was every person on that set high the entire time?

15. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Terrible ending. Total thematic misfire and misunderstanding of the show and characters. WHY DID MASUKA HAVE A DAUGHTER?

Actually I know why. They wanted to have a final little subplot with him, but forgot to end it.

16. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

Did they even have him show up in the finale? I don't remember him being in it.

17. Another Empty Frame

High Score:
    Kickass memory to the rescue since I'm not rewatching season 8 ever

Masuka can be heard in the background of the finale when Deb is in the abandoned plant of whatever sort.

My main issue with 7 and 8 is the hunt doesn't feel existent at all, there's no real pressure, just progression, no fear or anticipation just curiosity. Except maybe the LaGuerta stuff in 7, that's it.

18. The Fine Balance

They should have just gone with the incest. After that deceleration of Deb's, her character was sort of spoiled anyway.

19. Another Empty Frame

High Score:
    yeah, the whole depraved angle of it felt like it was already fucked up so it would mean she wouldn't mind the killing as much because she was in love with him, but she wasn't really, or they changed their minds, because it just sorta disappeared.

20. CBH

CBH Sixth Year

Well that was horrible. I was at least hoping the guy in the last scene would come into his house and Dexter would kill him showing he's still out there killing criminals. Still would have been a horrible episode, but better than the ending we got.