1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Different City by Wentworth360-T- Justice League

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by crimson sun06, Feb 16, 2015.

1. crimson sun06

crimson sun06 Order Member

Title: Different City
    Author: Wentworth360
    Rating: T
    Genre: Adventure/Romance
    Fandom: Justice League
    Pairings: Clark/Selina. Kyle, Clark/Dinah. L
    Chapters: 50
    Summary: Different Origins, different first encounters.
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9417237/1/Different-City

I read this one a while back. I was never a fan of Justice League. Too many heroes in a show with a running time of 21 minutes always managed to turn me away.
    In a way I'm really putting myself out there recommending this one. It explores an AU where Clark chose Gotham as his place of residence. Its relatively light and extremely enjoyable. The plot however isn't the strength of this fic, its characters are. Selina in particular managed to stay with me long after I finished reading it.
    Her relationship with Clark was shaped beautifully and I relished her POVs. The side characters are impressive as well.
    I'll admit I was a little disappointed with the ending but it grew on me and in its own way it made perfect sense.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Who is Clarke though? An OC?

3. sage1000

sage1000 Fourth Year

A misspelling of Clark Kent. Started reading this story a while back when it first started but gave up on the story towards the middle, found it a bit boring. The early relationship between Clark and Selina was good though.

4. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

I read this a while ago, and I also enjoyed the Clark/Selina relationship. There wasn't much else going on though; I usually ended up skimming the chapters.

5. CBH

CBH Sixth Year

Also read it a while back and I agree with most of what was said. Some interesting ideas and the Clark/Selina was at least novel.

I've actually recommended another of his fics before, but my main problem with Wentworth as an author is that he has an incredibly annoying habit of starting chapters with a preachy and circumspect monologue (at times on seemingly random topics) and he'll go on about it for multiple paragraphs before finally getting to the story. Its a terrible way to write and breaks immersion before the chapter even begins.

Its been a while since I've read his earlier works, but I remember enjoying them much more. They also suffer from problems that keep them from being library-worthy, but I think I liked his stories, Gods and Heroes and Heroic Suburbanites. While both are Clark/Diana, the first paired Clark with Aphrodite for a while and had him fighting Ares while the second was a crack fic that I found funny. Again its been a while, so no promises on quality.

For this, I'd rate it 3.5/5, but I rounded down because I just don't think it has the quality we generally look for in the library.

6. crimson sun06

You, my friend are a dick. But thanks for pointing that out. It needed to be fixed.

7. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    There were no less than four mentions of this 'Clarke'. Once is a typo, twice is accidental, above that and it was deliberate. So I was honestly confused because there was always the chance that such a 'Clarke' character existed and I did not know of him.

If I'm a dick for calling it out, then you're a retard for typing fucking 'Clarke' four fucking times.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  8. crimson sun06

The mistake while deliberate was an honest one. And you weren't calling me out. Sage1000 did that. You were just being a dick for the sake of being one.

9. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Keep it on topic, both of you. What is it with people exploding over nonsensical issues today?

10. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I remember reading this as well, and while the beginning/first third was okay, remember dropping this story later on.

2/5