1. Hey Guest,

Are you handy with Photoshop? Do you feel the DLP Anakin logo is tired and old? Do you want to win a special as of yet undetermined prize? Join the DLP Banner Photoshop Competition! Fame, fortune, and the respect of your peers await those that enter. Sadness, despair, and a deep self-loathing await those that do not.

Enter the competition.
    Dismiss Notice

DLP Fantasy Football 2016-17

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by silentclock, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Rah

Rah Auror

I liked last years time, about a week or two after preseason starts. You really get a feel for how good the rookies are after the 2nd and 3rd preseason games.

But I wouldn't mind an earlier date either.

2. thoriyan

thoriyan Slug Club Member

So with the finalized draft orders, I went through and renamed all of the picks with the actual pick order and generated a sheet with the pick orders - you can see it here.

A couple of conditional offers took place, with the following automatically having been moved by the determination of pick order:

silentclock's original 2nd (2.11) goes to thoriyan, and his monkeyepoxy 2nd (2.12) goes to klael.

rah's earliest 3rd (3.04) goes to klael and nullifies the 4th return clause because it is outside the top 3 picks of the round.

A couple of optional swap rights remain, I'm not sure about the order of the swaps yet.

Eido can swap his 2.09 for Mage's 2.08 this year only.
    Azrael can swap either of his 2nd round picks (2.03 or 2.04) for Eido's (2.08?/2.09) or wait til next year to do same thing.
    Klael can swap any of his 3rd round picks (3.01/4/6/11) for any of Rah's 3rd round picks (3.08/3.12) or wait til next year to do the same thing.

Let me know if any of the picks have accidentally gotten lost in translation.

3. thoriyan

silentclock - can you make the ESPN league public? I've been working on some programming for excel and wanted to try it on the league, but it's private.

4. silentclock

silentclock Headmaster DLP Supporter

Done.

/10char

5. Rah

Rah Auror

Klaels taking my 3.08 for his 3.11 this year instead of waiting for next year.

6. thoriyan

updated in sheet :)

Rah
  7. Rah

Rah Auror

If we follow the following format for the draft:
    24 hours for picks in Round 1
    12 hours for picks in around 2-4
    All picks that were skipped pushed to end of said round then autopicked according to ESPN Ranking
    The draft would take 30 days max. The first actual game is on Sept 7th and the first preseason game is August 3rd. Should we set a tentative draft start date for August 13th following the last Preseason week 1 game? I doubt we need all 30 days for the draft.

8. Azrael's Little Helper

Azrael's Little Helper High Inquisitor

The 13th falls on a Monday for many non-US based players (i.e. me) and during work hours besides. If the draft takes place on a Saturday (USA) there would be better attendance and a better league overall.

9. Rah

Rah Auror

Fair enough, although the start of the draft only really effects the person with the first pick as they'll have be able to make their pick any time within 24 hours of the start time.

I'm fine with starting it at anytime other people find covenenient!

Edit: for clarification, I'm talking about the Rookie draft. If we do a normal league again then we should aim for a Saturday start that fits everyone's time table.

10. thoriyan

Having not participated last year I can't speak for what would be good relative to this group of people but have participated in straight 12-hour timers and 8-hour timers with a night-shutoff between 11pm-7am EST. Given the relatively international group, a "night-shutoff" might not be appropriate so 24/12 is definitely enough I think.

When does everyone normally check in that they're going to participate in the league? I might be going away mid-end July and don't want to lose my spot...

11. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Chief Warlock

12. Klael

Klael Headmaster DLP Supporter

I like the idea of people sending lists to the commissioner of their pre-draft rankings so that if they time out, the commissioner just picks the next one on their list. Not something that would be necessary, but something people COULD do if they want.