1. Hey Guest,

Are you handy with Photoshop? Do you feel the DLP Anakin logo is tired and old? Do you want to win a special as of yet undetermined prize? Join the DLP Banner Photoshop Competition! Fame, fortune, and the respect of your peers await those that enter. Sadness, despair, and a deep self-loathing await those that do not.

Enter the competition.
    Dismiss Notice

DLP Fantasy Football 2017-18

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by silentclock, Aug 3, 2017.

1. silentclock

silentclock Headmaster DLP Supporter

I probably would. I don't think Rodgers has much value as a handcuff or otherwise, and I worry that Dalton will continue to struggle. As a Cincy fan, bring on AJ.

Not sure I'd want to be the one lugging around the DJ dead weight in a 14 teamer though.

Edit: I've also got a dilemma. I've got a team with a lot of fliers at RB. I'm really just trying to figure out who has the best shot at being a starter quality RB 2 come playoff time. Here are the options: Smallwood, Jacquizz, Chris Carson, Kelley, Riddick. I also wonder which of the bunch is most droppable. Thoughts @Mage ?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  2. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Chief Warlock

Smith, Siemien, Wentz, Kizer, Flacco, etc.

I don't super want to drop any of my bench for a second QB, and I don't...hate? Dalton.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I pulled the trigger.

So I'm sitting at:

QB: Mariota, Dalton

RB: McCoy, Cook, .... Kamara, Henry, Carson (And David Johnson stash)

WR: M. Thomas, Fitzgerald, Diggs, Landry, Ty. Williams, Lockette

TE: Eifert

2 rb, 2 wr, 2 flex.

PPR.

Eh.

It's an obviously good team, but the RB depth is frankly terrifying, and the bench slot stash is ugh?

3. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy Alchemist

I lost out on Kerwynn for one fucking dollar. Bid 26. Glad I got Charles Clay for nothing though a few days ago

4. silentclock

Ha. I bid 24 for him.

5. Rah

Rah Auror

Bid 22 :/

I got Allen though, so good enough.

6. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Chief Warlock

Heh. I initially bid 21, then I looked at my roster, and bumped it to 26, then kind of impulse ticked it up to 27 because 26 felt like a common bid for the reasoning I first bid 21/26 - 1 more than 20/25.

7. Rah

Rah Auror

Hahaha that's why I did 22, figured most people would go one over. Looks like i'll have to do 3's now.

Is Hunt a must start now IYO? Was it a flash in the pan against a bad run D?

8. silentclock

Yeah he's definitely must start. The skills are there, and the top dog in KC always puts up good numbers. My (potentially bold) prediction is that he finishes the year as a top 5 RB.

9. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Chief Warlock

He's a must start until proven otherwise by workload or offensive line injuries etc.

I don't think he's the best talent from the rookie class, or even close, but he's in an incredible position, and opporunity knocks in fantasy.

10. Typhon

Typhon Unspeakable

I think it's time to declare availability of some of my dudes.

Specifically, I'm very happy to offer Terrance West, Ty Montgomery, and Matt Ryan to anyone interested! Give me a shout if you have interest in anyone else as well - it can't hurt to see if we can come to a deal!

11. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy Alchemist

Don't think this re-draft week could have gone much worse.

At least Trabtree is out of his fucking mind in dynasty
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, it's good to see the upside is still ludicrous in my dynasty squad.

12. silentclock

Still unsure what to do with my dynasty squad. My window is certainly closing if it hasn't already. I'll have to try and limp into the playoffs and hope DJ comes back healthy.

Unless I get a good offer to blow the squad up. Still willing to consider that.

13. Rah

Rah Auror

Lions are the best NFC north team, fight me.

Also lost in my college league by 70 points ...I put up 120.

14. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Chief Warlock

I'll be in touch this week at some point.

15. thoriyan

thoriyan Slug Club Member

Sent you something

16. silentclock

Well, a big trade was just struck by @Rah and me in dynasty. I get Corey Coleman, Jimmy Garoppolo, Zay Jones, his and Monkey's first rounders this year, and his first next year. He gets my protected second round pick next year (if it's in the top 5, he gets my 3rd rounder). And also he gets Antonio Brown.

Edit: Kind of anxious to hear the reaction to this one. I think I'm pleased-ish with the trade. I think it makes Rah the front runner to win the championship this year. Hopefully it puts me in a good place in a year or two. I'd been really nervous about my lack of depth. I didn't think I was likely to win the league again once DJ went down.

Brees, Murray, Sanders, and Dez are all on the market. Let's finish this blow up.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    Rah
  17. Rah

Rah Auror

Yea I'm not entirely sure about who won in just pure value. I like the trade because those pieces, while nice, wouldn't help me win this year. The missing picks will definetely hurt down the line.

Thoughts?

18. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I think it's a fair trade that could honestly go either way. Silent is getting a lot of unproven pieces (both in the form of the current players who all have potential, and first round picks who are always a gamble) while Rah gets AB who's obviously a beast. If Coleman and Jones both pan out, and Silent can get a 3 down back in a good situation he's look pretty set for the future.

I don't think we'll know who got the best of this trade for a few years.

19. Rah

Rah Auror

Just wondering, why don't we do FAAB for dynasty as well? Not sure if we ever discussed this earlier.

20. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy Alchemist

<3 Carlos Hyde. Also, you gotta love dynasty. Good ol Javorius Allen roster paying off.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017