1. Another story competition is beginning! (Q1 2018)

"You're bleeding on my floor."

We've moved to a quarterly format, so you really have no excuse not to participate this time.

So check out the new thread discussing scoring, rules, and other such matters in the in the Story Competitions forum and get cracking.

Dismiss Notice

DLP Fantasy Football 2017-18

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by silentclock, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Rah

Rah Auror

I feel like that play is gonna be the difference between Pats going to the Superbowl vs losing in the divisional/championship round. Having HFA is going to be huge for them.

Looks like I'm going to the finals in two leagues this year!

Also damn, Panthers owner is selling the team over a sexual harassment investigation, how much do you think it'll sell for? At least 2 billion.

2. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy Alchemist

...I might pull this off

3. Klael

Klael Headmaster DLP Supporter

Yeah, you fucking might.

4. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy Alchemist

Today's NFL day was an assclown fiesta.

I still don't know what a catch is and fumbling out the back of the endzone being a touchback is retarded but I'm not gonna complain. Pretty perfect outcome tho - Crab and Carr pretty good, Dak meh but Dallas winning.

I need a monster game from Freeman and Sanu and need Desean to take a seat

5. Klael

Yup. I need Freeman and Sanu to not outscore Jackson by more than 20 on the dot, because my lead is 20.1. This is going to be interesting, Monkey!

6. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

It was clearly not a catch. If the ball enters your hands as you are going to the ground and the ground causes the ball to move from your grip in anyway, then it is an incomplete pass. If it was anywhere else on the field, everyone would know this. The rules do not change just because the ball has crossed the white line. He still needs to complete the pass before he can score the touchdown.

The same rules apply to a receiver who catches it out of the back of the endzone. If the ground causes the ball to come loose, then it is not a catch. It doesn't matter that he's in the endzone and that he has the ball in his hands. The play doesn't just "end" because he has crossed the plain. He has to secure the catch.

The only thing that would have saved that catch is if he caught the ball and took a step before falling to the ground for the touchdown, but he did not. He was already going to the ground when the ball entered his hands.

P.S. Disagreeing with the rules and disagreeing with the call are two different things.

7. silentclock

silentclock Headmaster DLP Supporter

8. Klael

@MonkeyEpoxy So Freeman fumbles at the goal line and it's recovered by another Falcons player!

9. Seyllian

Seyllian Auror DLP Supporter

High Score:
    But that is not how the rule works.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh whoops. Wasn't looking at the updated page. Had this tab open from last night. Kai basically summed it up.

10. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy Alchemist

[​IMG]

11. Azrael's Little Helper

Azrael's Little Helper High Inquisitor

My SUPERSTAR kicker in redraft is now also done, just when they play the worst ranked opponent against kickers. This is a conspiracy.

12. Rah

Rah Auror

So I'm in a moral dilemma and I need some advice, I'm in the finals of my other league and my opponent is a friend of mine who doesn't follow football that much but drafted a good team because we all were in the same room and gave solid advice.

I've been helping randomly like when I notice a player is injured but starting or when she asks for advice on a matchup.

But now it's the finals, we're facing off, and she has Zuerlein starting. I doubt she'll switch him out on her own, should I tell her too? Or leave it and have a better shot at winning.

I'm leaning to telling her cause it's the right thing to do, and I'll probably win anyway #ZekeStash lol.

13. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Good luck this weekend!

14. Klael

I always recommend giving the best advise possible. Even if it's to your detriment. It's the honorable thing to do.

Rah
  15. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy Alchemist

Kyle Rudolph can you please help a brother out here

16. Rah

Rah Auror

Thielen and Collins are both letting me down too. Started those two over JuJu and Tate, hope it doesn't bite me in the ass.

Edit: Put up 121, projected to win this week but at what cost??

My poor lions are out of the playoffs :(

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  17. silentclock

I'm up 17 in the championship of my money league. I've got Agholor to go and he's got Crabtree. Full PPR. Think I'm in good shape, but it's too early to call. I had Gurley go off (again), but Fitz kept him in it.

18. Rah

Rah Auror

Jimmy is making me regret that trade for Brown, he's such a stud.

19. silentclock

Heh. Hope he keeps it up. I'm worried Coleman and Jones won't amount to much. Still worth it for you, I think, if you win this year.

20. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Down 24 with JuJu and Ajayi left to play (he's got nothing) in the league I care about most. Half point ppr, we both feel confident the other person is going to win. It's going to be a close one I think.