1. The second prompt is revealed! (Q2 2018)

"Breaking into Snape's office in the middle of the night was a risky move at the best of times..."

Deadline is June 18th, also known as the 22nd Anniversary of a seriously sad day—a tremendously black day for anyone.

As with before you can check out the new thread discussing scoring, rules, and other such matters in the in the Story Competitions forum.

Dismiss Notice

DLP gets Fit(ter) 2018

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Jjf88, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Koalas

Koalas Squib Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Found a gym that's directly on my route home from work, has made being consistent so much easier. Been hitting the same minimum 4 days a week for the past month. I've been feeling good, making gainzzz and looking better.

Unfortunately the scale hasn't really reflected that. My increased frequency/intensity of workouts has made a massive increase in my appetite which is resulting in some very stable numbers. I'm changing things up though, actually starting consistent progress pics and body measurements.

2. Xepheria

Xepheria The Benefactor

High Score:
    Man getting to fight weight sucks. Got a fight on June 12th, and so far it's not fucking pleasant.

3. Agent One

Agent One Seventh Year DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Have now changed my diet every day to:

Breakfast: Plain Oatmeal and a Subway Turkey Breast and Turkey Ham on 9 Grain Honey Oat.

Lunch: One Cashew Bar with dried fruits and a bag of Uncle Ben's Mexican Bean Rice.

Dinner: Two Bags of Uncle Ben's Mexican Bean Rice and a protein bar.

Throughout the day, I'd also be munching on Apple Slices and go through half a bag of unsalted almonds. I've also only been drinking water and milk since the beginning of the year.

Have also started C25K and am maintaining a pace of 10KM/h.

Unfortunately, Ramadhan is about to start and while I'm not really devout and would probably be eating in my own time, I have to make do for appearances for my family so that's going to mess up my routine a bit.

One of the areas that I do need improvement on is sleep. I can't actually remember the last time I got a full 8 hours of sleep. Just as an example, I'm posting this at nearly 3 in the morning.

4. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Minister of Magic

I used to compete at 181, and always had to do water and sodium cuts to get down to make weight. Was never much of an issue cause the USPA has 24 hr weigh ins, but still. This meet I decided to say fuck it and sign up at 198 and oh my god I'm never looking back. So much better mentally for me

5. Oz

Oz UNQUESTIONABLY THE MOST HETERO MAN IN THE WORLD Moderator DLP Supporter

Full swing into marathon training now, and my resting heart rate is hovering between 59-62bpm these days. A far cry from the 90+ it used to be.

6. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Minister of Magic

You marathon runners have my respect. I hate myself after 3 miles and rage quit every time I get in in my mind to train for a 10k.

7. Oz

Oz UNQUESTIONABLY THE MOST HETERO MAN IN THE WORLD Moderator DLP Supporter

I seem to enjoy tedious, repetitive, endurance exercise. I should have become an accountant.