1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLP Grimoire Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Link, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Link

Link Order Member DLP Supporter

This one doesn't make much sense, to abhor meaning to detest or execrate something. Maybe if it was some kind of fear curse.

2. enembee

enembee The Nicromancer DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I assume it is related to the horror of the spell's effects. As it's a Shezza curse, IIRC, I'm not overly keen to modify it.

3. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Pretty cool, the DLP Spell thread was bloated with crappy stuff that was just like "Check out ma epic spell bra. This one blows up the entire continent!"

I suggest that people still submit to the DLP spell thread, and this thread is edited to include the best.

4. Demons In The Night

Demons In The Night Chief Warlock

lol light arts.

double lol at specialized killing curse for vampires being 'light'.

5. enembee

High Score:
    Seemed like the easiest way to group them, if you've got a better workable scheme, do tell.

6. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    B-b-but vampires are evil soulless DARK creatures. Anyhting that can hurt them is obviously light, good and made of puppies and children's laughter!

7. enembee

High Score:
    Ah, now I see your objection. In that case, go read Twilight and shush.

8. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Aw3esome thread. Stickstickstick.

EDIT: As additional thought; I have split the discussion and the Thread it self. The last DLP Spell thread all turned into Political debate over the nature of Dark and Light magic. Now the thread can remain awesome AND you can suggest and debate.

NMB: You know I hate you because of our conversation on IRC. I STILL wanna make you Scrimgeoufage or whatever the fuck his name was and be Dumbledore and lulzdebate you on it. >_>

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  9. LuckyFelix

LuckyFelix Seventh Year

Name: Mind Guard Charm
    Incantation: Praesidimens
    Root: Latin; "Praesidium" - Protection/Help/Support, "Mens Mentis" - Mind/Intellect/Disposition
    Effect: Works with Occlumency to guard against Mind Arts or Mind Altering Spells
    Classification: Charms
    Pros: When used in conjunction with occlumency, can protect your mind from most mind effecting magic.
    Cons: Must be brought up before your mind is affected, only works if you know occlumency and are actively employing. Wanded, unlike Occlumency or passive Legilimency.

I had these two listed in the other thread, thought I'd put them here.

Name:
    True Sight Charm
    Incantation: Vereconspicus
    Root: Latin; "Vere" - True/In fact/Real, "Conspicio" - to catch sight of, perceive, behold, understand
    Effect: When viewed through a charmed object (Glasses/Monocle/Magical Eye) allows one to see anything magically concealed.
    Classification: Charms
    Pros: Can see through any form of magical concealment, i.e. Invisibility Charms/Cloaks, Glamour Charms?, etc.
    Cons: Can only be viewed through a charmed object like glasses, cannot be used upon organic objects (like your eye).

Name: Concussive Curse
    Incantation: Concussio
    Root: Latin; "concussus" - to strike together, "concutere" - to shake violently
    Effect: Gives the victim effect similar to having suffered a concussion, ranging from disorientation to unconsciousness, and all other side effects in between.
    Classification: Duelling Art
    Pros: Very fast moving spell.
    Cons: Easily shielded/blocked, classified as a Dark Art because it can cause permanent brain damage if hit with too many times.

Also, just a thought, but perhaps there should be a section for DLP Approved Magical Items and Rituals as well? You know, like the trunks that have the Biltmore stuff inside them that everybody here so loves.