1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLP.net FanFiction Award Winners Archive (2005 ED) v.09

Discussion in 'Award Winners 2006' started by bornagainpenguin, Jan 30, 2006.

1. bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin DLP Archivist

Friends, Enemies, and Henchmen---

Recent events on Fanfiction.net (and other not so recent events) have become a great concern as of late. There seems to be a spree of random deletions going on at that site, not to mention the various authors who have begun taking down their works in protest. Thus I have gone through the various award winners of the 2005 Edition Dark Lord Potter Fanfiction Awards and begun archiving them all. This is the result:

[ http://tinyurl.com/btxkv ] [ http://darklordpotter.net... ]

An archive containing al the files for both the award winners and their runner ups (with the exception of Shezza's Harry Potter and the Stargate of which I cannot find a copy.)

I am be releasing this as 2005 ED-version .09, when I can get a copy of Harry Potter and the Stargate I'll update this to version 1.0 and possibly see if I can make this slightly more intergrated.

Here's to hoping this will not become a necessary thing too often in the near future, but alas I expect it will.

---bornagainpenguin

PS: i wanted to place this in the Awards folder but there seemed to be no way to do so. If anyone (Midnight?) would like to move this post to a better place I'd be much obliged!

PPS: Rapidshare.de for Dummies HOWTO:

PLEASE read these instructions before complaining
    that this is 'spam', an attempt to trick people, or a
    bad link:

1) Click the above posted link, this will take you to a webpage with
    two buttons one is a premium subsscribers link the other is free,
    click the free button

2) Wait for the page to count backwards from 30.

3) Type in the three letter\number combonation to prove that ou're not
    a script.

4) Hit 'ENTER' or click the button to start the download.

5) Realize that if there's no ctivity for more than thirty days the
    link goes dead.
    If this happens email me and I'll try posting a new link

- - - Edit 30 Jan 2006 by Zevrillion - - -
    Moved and added an extra link to the file for easier access. Well done.

2. bornagainpenguin

Hello everyone..

Here is the new version 1.0beta of the archive, this one has a laborously hacked together index page with links to the award winners and their runners up. It is also featuring all the fics (even the ones deleted by FF.not along with the one or two fics that were from places other than FF.not, which required me hacking together bits at the begining and the ends of each file.

The reason I'm leaving it as a 1.0beta at this time is beacuse the archive needs to be slimmed down more and (if applicable) updated a bit. The biggest hurdle in my way roght now (IMHO) is the lack of a way to automatically reformat everything so that the pages look like they match our forum. I'm not happy with the white background and black text but quite frankly I've no experience at HTML and know nothing about CSS. The index page was hacked together using Homesite 1.2....

If anyone here is willing to do some hacking on this to make everything conform to the forum CSS then I'd be happy to give them co-authoring on the archive and put up their avatar image next to mine at the bottom of the file. Remember if you decide to volunteer to do this you'll need to slim down the de-ffnet-izer archives and either remove the default images or find a way to substitute the DLPBanner.jpg for all the banners in the archive--which would mean adding images back to the pages I just spent the last day or two editing out by hand... :wall:

Otherwise I'll wait a few days and add some links to the homepages\yahoo groups\email addresses of the various winners and call it a day.

--bornagainpenguin (tired, exhausted, hungry and about to go off and eat)

The link is at rapidshare again:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/12391429...d_Winners__2005_ED__version_.1.0Beta.rar.html

PS: Just in case anyone is still unable to remember how to use rapidshare.de here is the HOWTO again:

3. bornagainpenguin

Link died, so I uploaded it again, for anyone whose still interested in it. I apologize for the /bump but given I was just PM'd over this I'm assuming there is interest still..

http://www.zshare.net/download/12775371afe66fdc/

--bornagainpenguin