1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Wizards by Corwalch - G+

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by nonjon, May 26, 2006.

1. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

I liked this story, oddly enough. As was said before, I'm getting tired of the burning my shit up stuff, though. I'll rate this story at a 3.5/5 and a one point upgrade if Ginny misses the day to be turned back into a human.

2. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

No doubt she probably will. *sigh* Too bad it'll be another 6 or 7 months before he updates again.

3. darkendlight

darkendlight First Year

I am confused is Liam Dantes Harry's alter identity? Because in the last chapter both are in the same room at the same time.

4. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

I think I've figured it out:
    Timeturners!

5. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

It'd be a bit obvious. Unless the twins are doing it (however unlikely that might be). The twins would certainly go for something like this after he talked to them.

6. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

The Room was spelled to prevent lying. Everything that Harry and Liam said was the absolute truth, just maybe not the entire truth.

7. Veri

Veri Denarii Host

It appears to have been updated recently. Reading now.

8. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

The new chapter was mostly filler with no real progress made on the storyline. For all that it was decent, if a bit boring. It was nice to see AD finally get called on some of his less intelligent decisions, for once.

9. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

I'm enjoying seeing the wizarding customs, as well as watching all the "adults" in Harry's life finally get spanked...

10. Synchro

Synchro High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I was looking at the hpfandom website. It seems to be something of a haven for slash-fic writers. Most of the top-ten stories are slash and the top ten authors are all slash writers with the exception of this Corwalch. Still I thought this story is good; except that there are enough fics with the heavy bashing style azkaban!harry out there that it is really nothing new.

11. Veri

Veri Denarii Host

The new chapter didn't really do anything for me, then again, neither did the one before it. Sure, finding out what happens in court is fun, but it's not chapter worthy. I'd have been happy with just the results, not 8000 words of filler. Despite that, it's still my favorite azkaban story. 5/5 story. 3/5 chapter.

12. Bucks

Bucks Headmaster DLP Supporter

You know I do like this fic. But there are still cringe worthy moments in this. I'd give it a total of 3.7/5

13. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

I stopped reading after he made hermione take that oath. Why go so far for that? She was already trying, to do what he ask, give him some space. Harry is powerful so why is he still sitting there? If he wants to leave, leave. What good are british laws when he's in another country? Don't get me wrong, I liked this fic it was one of the best azkaban fic. But its just become a bitchfest where all characters other then harry didn't change in anyway over the time period where he was in jail and harry's bitching doesn't help. It's still a good fic, but not my cup of tea anymore.

14. blackghost

blackghost Third Year

Tell me if I am wrong but didn't AD do something to force him back to hogwarts? (It's been awhile since I read the start of it)
    I agree with the oath though, that kinda made me go WTF when I read it. There is bashing, and then there is beating a dead horse into pulp and dowsing it with acid for good measure while setting it on fire. That is the latter.

15. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

Actually, Hermione DIDN'T stay away. He warned her off several times (and he actually took her to court over the summer to prove that she wasn't a friend [which would have been enough to discourage me]) not to mention sending her Kreacher's freshly decapitated head.
    She STILL kept bothering him. He ordered her to leave him alone before the Umbitch trial, as well as publically insulting her to her face, but just a few weeks later she walked over, sat down at his table, and started going through the books he was reading.
    His response was nasty, but his point was that lesser attempts to get her to stay away had failed. After all, all he had asked of her in a year was to leave him alone. She just wouldn't accept that she couldn't change his mind. The Hermione in this story is extremely hard-headed, and I suspect that she was so used to being the smartest person in her group that she just couldn't accept that she wouldn't be able to find a way to force him to accept her again.

AD misused the legal system to force Harry back to Hogwarts, overruling his vociferous objections. On Dumbledore's head rest the consequences of his actions.

Snape was convicted of actual crimes he committed against Harry. In fact, technically it's Harry's DUTY to press charges against criminal acts committed on a minor child. Same goes for the Umbitch, Dudley, and Uncle Vernon.

Note: The students who have avoided Harry have been left alone by Harry. It's only the ones who keep pushing who are being punished. What happened to Draco is a sterling example of the punishment fitting the crime. Harry actually LIGHTENED the curse that he returned to Malfoy - its original intent was to permanently transfigure Harry into a ferret. Harry added an escape clause.

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  16. yhelo

yhelo Sixth Year

This could be a great fic if he didn't make such an immature dumbass. Dumbledork? Know-it-All? Weasel? Is this guy 14?

Still, solid story so I'll give it a 3/5

17. Bucks

Updated. Yesterday actually. Oh well, I'm off to read.

18. mjc

mjc Seventh Year

One too many episodes of Matlock...

Why do most fanfic court scenes read like some TV rerun?

And American TV at that?

19. Bucks

At least that was the closure of the entire court case.

20. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

It was nice, seeing Fudge carried off to his fate...