1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dragon Age: Inquisition (Illiterate Edition)

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by ScottPress, Aug 14, 2013.

1. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Too little too late, I'd say. I'm sure people would have loved Qunari armors (Arishok's especially) when the game came out and there wasn't any cool Qunari stuff.

2. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I mean, W3 released all their DLC within weeks of the game's release and even that was too little too late.

DAI cosmetic dlc at this point is just taking the piss.

3. ScottPress

High Score:
    Especially with nexusmods still being a thing. It's not as developed as for the first two (everyone knew from the beginning modding DA:I was gonna be harder), but it's there, slapping shit with metaphorical dicks all day every day.

4. Tapi

Tapi Third Year

5. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'll be playing this along with the other two DLC when it comes out. Should be pretty meaty.

GI has a pretty interesting Q and A on the subject. The golden nug and wardrobe sound cool, but are a year too late...

6. ScottPress

High Score:
    DLC sounds interesting but I think the update many people will like the best is Inquisitor's new wardrobe, which says something about the way BioWare handled the DLC for DAI. More Skyhold clothing options come waaaay too late.

7. ScottPress

High Score:
    So... Tresspasser, eh?

Solas is an ancient badass immortal(?) elven mage, powerful enough to create the goddamn Veil and through that establish the Fade as a separate realm. He can petrify people with a thought, is responsible for the events of DAI (Architect parallel) and given all that, he's possibly the most powerful being in the DA universe right now.

He's on a mission to restore the elven people to their glory by tearing down the Veil, at the cost of fucking everyone else over. Antagonist for DA4 right there.

We'll get a new protag for the next game (if there is a next game, but considering what a success DAI has been compared to the previous one and all the new lore, it's a given BW will want to resolve the obvious setup somehow). Warden/Hawke could be dead and the Inquisitor just lost an arm, so they're all out.

Since the new guy/girl will be a newcomer to the DA protag business, they'll spend the first act of the game learning stuff and discovering lore, the next deciding where they stand and in the final confrontation they'll be able to choose between standing their ground or flipping at the last moment. Either stop Solas from destroying the Veil and the world as it's known or help the crazy elf. Imagine the roleplay if four races are again an option. A Dalish elf will stand with Solas, a Qunari will do everything they can to stop him.

The Inquisitor very obviously knifed Tevinter on the map in the ending cutscene, which pretty much says where DA4 would take place. Solas is bound to have beef with a nation of slavers and besides, it's the largest repository of magic in the world, there's probably something of interest there for him.

If character origins were to come back... Human mage would be a Tevinter mage (maybe not a magister) and the origin would take place in Minrathous. You could stumble across some old pals. Dorian, Varric's magister friend (forgot the name, the one from the comics), maybe Caladrius would get a mention if the Warden let him go. If Anders is still kicking, maybe he's there. Shale? Feynriel?

Qunari - an agent of Ben-Hassrath, the origin taking place on Par-Vollen and we finally get to see the Qunari homeland, architecture, culture, a peek of the daily life. Perhaps interacting with Sten (I think by the comics he becomes Arishok whether or not you kill Arishok in Kirkwall or not), Tallis. Dragon's Breath and Iron Bull would be mentioned.

Elf - A Dalish mage, maybe First to a Keeper? Somewhere in the wild, maybe even meeting Solas. Initially supporting Solas' cause, regardless of what happens next.

Dwarf - I'd welcome a citizen of Kal Sharok.

My theory (though someone's probably already thought about it) is that the Black City always seen in the Fade is where the Evanuris are imprisoned.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  8. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Okay, a question for anyone who has had the time to play and digest DAI plus all the DLC.

I loved DAI. I put in a shit ton of hours, but I burned myself out. Meh, i got the itch again. Okay, so as someone who has played zero of the major DLC, Jaws of Hakkon, The Descent, and Trespasser... are they worth my $14.99 each?

9. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

Trespasser is pretty much the only one worth getting. It gives the game a good ending, whereas the other two don't really add anything to the overall story.

10. ScottPress

High Score:
    Trespasser is to DAI what Legacy was to DA2. Hakkon and Descent are like MOTA - buy if you still have cravings and money to spend.

11. Cirvante

Cirvante First Year

I played the multiplayer quite a bit, despite the multitude of glitches, the horrible rng loot system and the low frequency of patches. It feels like it had a lot of potential, but they kinda half-assed it. Still a fun way to kill some time while chatting with friends I suppose.

12. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Is it better now or is it still the same buggy, laggy, shitty loot system MP?