1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dresden Casefiles #2

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Riley, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Please do because I'm very confused about what you're trying to say atm.

2. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Nice job, town. I wanted town to win because I wanted to end the scum win streak, but at the same time I wanted Citrus to win because I was mentoring him :)

http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/HA98wanCigKC

---------- Post automerged at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

Is Zeit hosting the next game or I am?

3. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

I think this is how Lyrium acts when she tries to be coy, Bill.
    It's actually really adorable. o.o

You could just be like me and learn by doing.
    Sure you'll probably lose a lot more often, but it's more fun and gameplay becomes second nature rather than a jumble of thoughts going on in your mind, wrestling for dominance.
    /philosophy

4. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

I was a mere observer but I know citrus well anought that I had him pegged scum day 2 with the huge manufactured post about the cit/pr thing. It looked so forced and so manufactured that I could soo no town saying that.

Lexi I got when she said we have to lynch scum today or town loses. Only scum would of known that.

I am hoping to play a game here sometime soon and see how it goes. Several players already know how I am....

I'm gonna have some fun

5. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Em, you realise that Lexi was town >_>

Also Welcome.

6. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

Derp xp....

7. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I'll be posting signups for my game within the next couple of hours, if no one wants to host before then.

8. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah. I just can't stand screwing up and I went into this game with an entirely wrong mindset. Its bugging the hell out of me. Once Survivor: Graveyard finishes up I might look into other Mafia games again, but I'm definitely not going to be so arrogant as to juggle two at once.

9. Titus

Titus Squib

@Bill/ika, Lexi looked like obvscum. Was I wrong? Yeah. Right and wrong are not pure indicators of good and bad play. I will always be aggressive but never personal. If you feel I cross a line, talk to me privately.

Prophy, what are the requirements to host? This site has inspired me a bit to test something.

10. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Just post something in here.

11. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

Hey Prophy. Is there an ETA on your game? 'Cause I don't want to play more than one until I have more experience and Zeit's looks interesting.

---------- Post automerged at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

Nevermind, just saw your thread.

12. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Good time for the game to end because I'm traveling for a bit now

Props to titus for sticking to her guts

Some other things to say but I'll do them later when I have a laptop accessible

13. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

*Bump*

Would love to see analysis of this game from the mods and anyone else. :p

14. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Sorry about the wait, work and school kinda destroyed my weekday schedule and then I was demanded to appear at an event this weekend for a season Finale. I'll have it up in a day or two, promise.

15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Or 6? Only kidding :p, but was wondering if a concluding post would be incoming soon.

16. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    In conclusion. Zennith was bad. So was sloth. Citrus played well and almost saved it. Everybody else was whatever. Town won, mostly because Zennith was really, really dumb. Hooray town!

17. Riley

I do have an analysis written up in a QT. I have had a rough couple days so I'm shooting to post it this Wednesday, sorry for all the delays. It's really not much but at least it'll be here and done with. Sorry again guys.

18. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

Lol, you forgot Lyrium was really bad too.

I just wanted to know how town could have done better I guess. Like what they should have done in hindsight.

19. Riley

IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!

Analysis (I'm really bad at analysis stuff so forgive me):

Scum MVP: Citrus for almost pulling out a stubborn mule-headed Scum Win

Town MVP: Aekiel for both utilizing his skill to the best town advantage and for completing the Hammer on the final wagon

Notable Town: Bill Door and Zeelthor, both tried their hardest but were thwarted by Derp Town at every moment.

In the end the game came down to a stand-off and would have continued if it weren't for Aekiel's timely change of mind.

Kalas kept throwing his protection at what seemed like the wrong target.

Red Court managed well in their night kills.

Lexicat played a very odd strategy that didn't end up paying the dividends she wanted, but she did well for replacing in.

Zennith did a decent job of mucking up Town and keeping them mired in confusion.

Sloth didn't get a chance to do anything really and was killed for what could be excused as a newbie mistake in strategy.

Zircon/Rucky played extremely derp town it seems, but that's par for the course for one of the two I think.

Zeit and Zenzao both seemed extremely distracted for different but legitimate reasons.

Dermon was new and had IRL issues, so at this time my statistics are sketchy, but it wasn't great or terrible. Dermon was kind of "just there".

Riley's Final Analysis: This was hard mode for Town and they did the best they could with what they had. If I were to re-run this game I'd fix the Warden/Merlin phrasing and maybe make it a role-reveal game, but if Town like hard mode than so be it.

Rubicon's Analysis:

Town put a bit too much trust in vote count analysis, allowing an assumption (that scum would have been on the Sloth wagon) to almost lose the game.
    Scum had issues with fatalism. Lyrium more or less gave up halfway through the game.

Playing as scum can be emotionally exhausting, but things are almost never as hopeless as they seem. Never underestimate the ability of town players to miss the obvious and find a way to lose even when that seems impossible.

(See: fontisian managing to force a tie for us in WitchHunt after CPi solved the game, just because she continued playing and making optimal kills until the very end.)

Kalas actually did a pretty good job fighting to defend himself at the end, at least as good as Citrus. He probably deserves some credit for that. I don't think his night actions were THAT bad, the main issue was probably that he and Aekiel kept protecting the same people?

Fatal Flaw of the Game: (Not including the Moderator and Issues stemming from Moderation) Posting count was significantly lower than it probably should have been for a game like this.

20. Titus

Titus Squib

Comments for me please?