1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dresden's Dilemma Take Two.

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Riley, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I'm feeling better about Rubicon after a bit of rereading. As such, I'm torn between LochNess and Castiel. I'd bet the remaining RC member (assuming we've got one already) is between the two of them. LochNess hasn't really been participating all that much, which is making me lean towards her for today's lynch.

Could both LochNess and Castiel give us their opinions on the remaining players, including each other?

Let's not lynch until we've had some discussion, though. This should be the last day, but if not we need an idea of where to go next.

---------- Post automerged at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

Vote: Castiel

Guys, let's not leave this now. Please. Get back here and talk.

I'm voting Castiel instead of LochNess because I've been looking at the thread a bit differently. Up to this point, I figured we have no real way of differentiating between WC and RC, and so more or less considered them scum, and hunted accordingly. Now, though, I figure we have the White Court, and so the remaining scum must be RC. And Castiel has, in my opinion, a higher chance of being Red Court than LochNess.

The Red Court haven't been choosing random victims. They've been going after relatively active players, who have been involved in the proceedings and are considered relatively town. Stojil, Bill Door, Jibril, Typhon, Aekiel. Since we can discard CheddarTrek as being WC, and the NK targets for obvious reasons, the remaining RC member has been flying solo for at least two nights, and I just don't think LochNess was in the thread enough to pick Typhon over Aekiel.

Let's get in here and discuss, and get a lynch.

---------- Post automerged at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

This is all assuming we lynched one of the RC members - if not, hey, I'm still picking LochNess and Castiel to lynch anyway. That said, I do think we have at least one, Rents in my opinion (still think Fontisian would have to be an idiot to be RC).

2. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Sorry for being late again. I have an exam tomorrow so I haven't been able to be as active as I would like to.

fontisian and Cheddar seem to be the White court. It is entirely possible we hit at least one Red Court without realizing. But still, either 1 or 2 scum remain. Lochness and Sesc are on the top of my list and since Sesc has actually said something I will go with,

Lynch Vote: Lochness

I will head to sleep soon, so please try and make sure we lynch someone today, even if it is me, no-lynches now will surely make us lose the game.

3. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

If we all agree that the remaining scum is Castiel and/or LochNess, then I think it doesn't matter which one we lynch today.

If only one of them is scum and we lynch the wrong one today, we'll be able to lynch the other one tomorrow and win:

1 scum, 4 town today -> mislynch and night kill -> 1 scum, 2 town tomorrow

If both of them are scum, we just lynch them both, doesn't matter which order:

2 scum, 3 town today -> lynch and night kill -> 1 scum, 2 town tomorrow

The only other possibility is Moridin / Sesc scum in which case we're not going to win anyway.

Anybody see any flaws in this reasoning?

4. Moridin

Seems to be fine, to me. As far as I can see it, the scum are WC:Fontisian/CheddarTrek and RC:Rents/Castiel/Lochness. I'm feeling comfortable locking in those teams at this point, so we can work with those odds.

Throw in a vote one way or another, at least. Losing today's lynch will throw us out of whack if there are two remaining scum.

5. Rubicon

Okay.
    Lynch: LochNess

6. Moridin

No Lynch: Castiel

Lynch: LochNess

I believe that's a majority, yes?

7. Rubicon

Think so...

8. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Sounds like a plan. Is one order better than the other one?

9. Sesc

... way to ninja me.

Lynch: LochNess.

10. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Day 6 ends

LochNess: Castiel, Rubicon, Moridin Sesc

She was quiet, merely speaking a little at the beginning but then she was silent. There wasn't even a peep from her as she slowly rattled out her last breath. The Villagers wondered if they might rest easy tonight.

Only those alive may talk. Twilight will end at 7pm EST (US) in about 2 and a half hours.

11. Moridin

So... the game is still on. Damn.

Well, we have a plan for this situation anyway. Let's finish this tomorrow.

12. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

day 7

There was a hush in the crowd. No one died? What was the scream in the night then? The town had better think fast. Soon it will be all over if they don't.

You know who's alive. Play on.

13. Rubicon

That's unexpected. Anybody visited?

---------- Post automerged at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

I can see Castiel not submitting a night kill if he thought he was going to lose anyway. I say we stick with lynching him today.

14. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Seems to me someone was attacked but did not die. Don't know how that can be though.

Anyways, do what you guys want at this point. I know I am not scum. So I think we got the Red Queen last night in the lynch or either she hit White King today who did not die, in which case we are fucked anyway, and to me Sesc seems like the most likely scum still left:

Lynch Vote: Sesc

And nope, not visited.

15. Moridin

Wouldn't Red Queen hitting White King kill a pawn? White King hitting Red Queen doesn't kill, it only removes a counter that represents an already dead player and that's the only one that results in a no kill night as far as I can tell from the rules.

Alternative theory: There is only one court alive right now, and missed a kill/taint by mistake/intention. The scream could have been their losing their pawns to Marcone (this assumes he's still alive, we have no reason IIRC to believe otherwise).

I'd bet on the RC being the active one, not least because the WC being the active one is problematic due to Aekiel's death. The way it would have to work would be that Marcone and the WC both hit the final RC member on Night 5, and Aekiel was a WC kill that ended the RC. I'm not too happy with that idea, honestly, since it requires some tricky luck to happen.

As such, it's much, much more likely that the RC was active on Night 5. Of course, it could have been both, and the WC simply missed a taint/tainted Aekiel (which I doubt since the flavour didn't suggest anything out of order as it did for Bill Door, and that seems like something that would warrant a mention). We then killed RC!LochNess and Marcone hit the White Court - it's perfectly plausible, but much less likely. Fairly academic in either case, to be honest.

Lynch: Castiel

I still like him for Red Court. As far as a second one goes, I'm reading through the thread now.

16. Sesc

Have you even given a reason why I should be Mafia, Castiel? I mean like, ever? Besides just voting for me?

Usually, flavour is completely unrelated to the happenings, beyond xyz died. Dunno if Riley adheres to that, though. And I have no idea why anyone would intentionally want to miss a NK, but there were lots of odd actions by Mafia this game. Anything is possible, I suppose.

Anyway, Lynch Castiel. If you don't have a sudden revelation, Rubicon, feel free to end the day, I guess.

17. Moridin

The flavour was a major point of contention between Fontisian and Zennith, and Aekiel later bore out his version of events. You were tainted, was the same flavour present (wrt the shadow upon a shadow thing)? Because the way I read it was that it indicated multiple visits, which would lend credence to the idea of flavour being meaningful. Plus the flavour is different from day to day, depending on the events (such as in BillDoor's death).

If there had been a death tonight, I mightn't have looked twice, but the flavour has been said to indicate an unusual event before. S'why I speculated.

Rubicon, it's on you.

18. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

The more I think about it, the more it seems like I can't win. I could just let this go but I think I'd like town to win if I can't.

I am the Red Queen. Rents was the pawn. I hit Moridin last night, or tried to anyway. The only explanation I can come up with is him being WK, wherein the pawn who was supposed to take the hit was already dead. I asked Riley, it seems that can happen.

Good luck.

19. Rubicon

Lynch: Castiel

---------- Post automerged at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

If we're still here tommorow we lynch Moridin. Sound good Sesc?

20. Moridin

Bleh. This was a sad move, Castiel. You couldn't win, suck it up. Let me play my own game. Pathetic.

Whatever. One of you two is Marcone (I'm guessing Sesc). If you want to side with town, fine, that's your prerogative. If you want to side with me, great. Either way you win. Just be honest - without Castiel's post there, would you have lynched me tomorrow?