1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dresden's Dilemma

Discussion in 'Graveyard' started by Riley, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

The board is set, the Red Queen and the White King will face off to see who can gain a greater hold in the Windy City. Will the White King's benevolent approach defeat the Red Queen's murderous directions or will The Good Guys manage to put a stop to it? With the Chicago crime family also represented, it's anyone's guess.

[​IMG]

This is Dresden's Dilemma.

Rules.

The basics of every mafia (shamelessly stolen from KaiDash's post)

- Only living players may post in the game thread
    - You may not post in the game thread during the night phase
    - You may not edit or delete posts from the game thread or in any QuickTopics you may be posting in
    - You may not privately communicate with anyone except the game moderator unless you're specifically allowed to do so (i.e. the QuickTopics for Witches or Angels). This includes using systems outside the scope of the game to communicate something game related (i.e. Thumbs-Up'ing a post).

For the sake of this Mafia and the group playing Day's will be 48 hours and Nights will be 24 hours.

In order to Lynch, the words Lynch and the Name must be bolded, no other form will be considered. There are no Deadline lynches. If you pick someone you must bold the words No Lynch: Name and then bold the words Lynch: name. See Example below

Lynch: Riley (This is post 1)
    No Lynch: Riley instead I want to Lynch: Castiel (this is post to with retracted lynch and new lynch vote).

In case it's not clear. If you are dead, you can not post here, however there is an Obs QT that you may participate in.

Now for the new Ruleset:

The Good Guys:

Harry Dresden: Once per night can choose a target via thaumaturgy to keep safe from the evils of the night.

Molly Carpenter: Once per night can check for White/Red Court influence via her own substantial pyschological gifts

They will be unable to Communicate. If after 5 days both are alive and untainted, they will be allowed a shared QT.

The Red Court

Red Queen: Once per night can choose a victim to murder in a cold blooded feast. The player dies and a Red Pawn counter comes in. They will know the Identity of the first Red Pawn.

Willing Red Pawn: Someone who was allowed to remain alive to help the Red Queen If the Red Queen is targeted by the White King, the pawn will "take the shot" so to speak and a counter is removed. Counters are removed in order of turning. Most recent to oldest.

The Original Pawn and the Red Queen will share a QT

The White Court:

The White King: Once a night, can enthrall humans. If he Enthralls the Red Queen they die if there is no Red Pawn. If he enthralls a human they are added to his White Thrall counter. If he comes to the end with the most enthalled he wins. Knows who the first Thrall is

Willing White Thrall: Starts with one. Each time White King enthralls, they are added to his counter. If one is tainted they will not be made aware in their QT. It is up to them to reveal if they are a Thrall or not. If the Red Queen targets the White King, the White Thrall takes the hit instead and dies.

The original Thrall and the King will share a QT

The Neutral Man AKA The Crime Lord

Gentleman Johnny Marcone: Once every other night, Marcone chooses a number between 1 and 6 as well as a court. I roll a 6 sided die. If his number comes up, every Thrall/Pawn in that court is removed. For the Red Pawns, a counter is removed, for the White Thralls, the taint is removed. If there are no Pawns/Thralls the Queen/King Die. After four successful attempts, this power is removed and Marcone simply is trying to survive. Can self-kill/purify.

Win Conditions:

The Good Guys must remove all Vampires. They don't have to remove Marcone.

The Red Court must kill/turn everyone.

The White Court must kill/turn everyone

The Neutral must survive to the end.

Game will start at 7pm EST(US) as this is the first night and because I sent the PMs out on short notice, everyone has 24 hours from 6:00pm EST(US) to confirm. If at that point you have neglected to confirm I will replace you. I only have two alts right now so please confirm. Yes this was posted a few minutes early but that doesn't mean everyone can post here. If you have any questions, please post them in your QT first.

LIVE LIST:
    1. Bill Door
    2. Castiel
    3. Zennith
    4. Moridin
    5. NobelFiction
    6. Rubicon
    7. Jibril
    8. Stojil
    9. LochNess
    10. Sesc
    11. Rents
    12. Schrodinger
    13. Klackerz
    14. Typhon
    15. Fontisian

ALSO STILL LOOKING FOR A SECONDARY MOD/HOST!!!!!

---------- Post automerged at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

Posting can begin. Good luck to all players!

---------- Post automerged at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Alright boys and girls, it is now ok to post and if I sent you a QT please confirm that I sent you the correct QT...this is why I need a second mod/host. Oh well on with the show.

START PLAYING PEOPLE!!!!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  2. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Ah, it's been a while. Good game, everyone.

3. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Welp, I was hoping by waiting over an hour I'd get to see a couple posts but at this point only Uncle has posted.

Excited for my return to mafia though! weird to play without ash <_<

4. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Howdy.

Vote: Rents
    for wanting to see what other people were saying before making his own post.

5. NobelFiction

NobelFiction Seventh Year

Finally, I was beginning to think that I'd have nothing to do on my night shift.

6. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Hey.

Vote Rubicon for voting first?

7. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Hey all, ready to play! Who is Rents though?

8. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I think it's Gambit.

9. Another Empty Frame

High Score:
    Indeed I am! Hi Nessie!

10. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Too soon to vote, but definitely excited for another round of mafia. Always fun.

11. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Mafia after so long. Should be fun. Good luck to all of you.

12. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Wow, it's been a long time since I last played.. Looking forward to getting back into this.

13. Another Empty Frame

High Score:
    Riley are thumbs ok by living players?

14. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Right, haven't played mafia in forever. GL HF everyone.

15 people playing.
    There are effectively 3 pro-town roles: Marcone, Dresden, Molly. While Marcone is technically a 'neutral', the fact that his objective is to survive and that his power targets the Courts means that he may as well be Town.
    There are four anti-town roles, to start.
    That leaves 8 total vanilla players.
    I'd like to ask for clarifications on some rules.
    A) If I get Enthralled by the White Court, does my objective become to protect the Court, or is my wincon still Townie?
    B) How will I know if get Enthralled by the White Court?
    C) "The player dies and a Red Pawn counter comes in." What exactly does this mean? Do the Reds get a new player?
    D) "If the Red Queen is targeted by the White King, the pawn will "take the shot" so to speak and a counter is removed" What if she's lynched?
    E) Can the red pawn be enthralled?

15. NobelFiction

The way I read it is no thumbs by anyone.

16. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Hey guys, how're things? To be completely honest, the closest I've come to one of these before is reading through some games that were played, so it might take me a bit of time to get a feel for things. That said, this looks like it could be interesting. Good luck guys!

17. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

Nice to be playing once more. Good luck to everyone, and have fun.

18. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

It turned out that you didn't, actually, unless it was in your scum QT.

Vote: NobelFiction

Rubicon vs. fontisian... I know how that ends. :sherlock:

Billdoor, Sesc, klackerz: pick someone and ask them a question (maybe ask them to ask someone a question, too). Also answer this: how would you decide your lynch-vote without scum-slips?

19. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I have... no idea what conclusion you just drew, Stojil, but I feel it may be incorrect.
    Stojil: If you were Gentleman Johnny, which court would you target first? Why?

20. NobelFiction

You'd probably know all about that kind of stuff, am I right?

Besides I never said I was going to post all night, work actually takes precedence over entertainment (at lest where there's money involved).