Oneshot Dum Spiro, Spero by Jedi Buttercup - T - Dresden Files

Discussion in 'Dresden Files' started by ParseltonguePhoenix, Jul 3, 2010.

1. ParseltonguePhoenix

ParseltonguePhoenix Unspeakable

Title: Dum Spiro, Spero
    Author: Jedi Buttercup
    Rating: T
    Genre: Spiritual
    Pairing: None
    Words: 2,427
    Published: June 25, 2010

Summary: Belief is a verb: Michael Carpenter, in the wake of his daughter's rescue. Tag for Proven Guilty.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6083994/1/Dum_Spiro_Spero

Pretty decent one-shot here, though it's more of a character study than a story. For me, it seems to give a little insight into Michael's character and how he sees his friendship with Harry. It's post-Proven Guilty, and it's a short, quick read--and, imo, worth reading.

Jedi Buttercup is a solid writer (even if she should get to work on Back Again, Harry?, and leave some other stuff alone for a while), so the grammar and spelling is done well. As for the story, it does seem more like a character study, so it won't be the kind of fic most members here would seek out. I'd say give it a try.

I'm gonna say 3.5/5, and round up to 4/5.

Checked by Minion, January 5, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2013
  2. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box Prestige

High Score:
    Well-written, and a believeable interpretation of Michael. Definitely worth a read. 4/5

3. LittleChicago

LittleChicago Death Eater DLP Supporter

I'd give this one a solid 4, based soley on the overall quality of the writing itself and the intensity of the examination of Michael. It would be a 5 if it was more involved...

I'd love to see a full-on adventure from this author. Harry and Michael have been my favourite team-up since I read Grave Peril.