1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

E3 2017

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Jun 5, 2017.

1. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    EDIT2: You know what? Fuck you. I'm allowed to have a damned opinion and voice my enthusiasm and if you disagree, tough shit. I trust Nintendo and I trust GameFreak and I'm buying a fucking Switch when I have the option.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  2. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You literally got nothing of Prime 4 or Pokemon. Nothing. You didn't even see a bloody logo for Pokemon.

EA pulls that shit and they're (rightly) crucified. Nintendo does it and people start prostrating themselves in front of the Alter of Miyamoto.

I just don't get it.

I could absolutely understand if you got an Odyssey-style trailer for both, but yeah, there was nothing...

I think by my posts here it's pretty obvious I lean heavily PlayStation. If the Last of Us 2 teaser was just a title on a black screen at PSX last year, I'd have flipped the metaphorical table.

3. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    EDIT2: Fuck you again.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  4. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Uh. I think he got it right. Nintendo does so much stuff that a lot of other companies could never get away with, including being the Kings of Reusing the Same IP Endlessly, and people keep making excuses for them. Just... Admit it's a shitty thing to do. Just that.

Sey
  5. Snapdragon

Snapdragon Banned

Well, I agree with the previous poster's argument. Even though I consider the AC parts in AC4 the weaker side(fight mechanics and stealth) and the ship side where it truly shines. Don't get me going about this Abstergo BS which I utterly loathed.

A good pirate exploration game needs both, land and sea, which S&B doesn't seem to have. I enjoyed exploring the world and AC4 kept me entertained for a long time. It seems they learned the wrong lesson from AC4's success.

---------- Post automerged at 13:30 ---------- Previous post was at 13:20 ----------

Not everybody makes excuses for Nintendo's BS. The gamers who don't, stopped bothering with them a long time ago and regard them as completely meaningless to their gaming interests, like I do:)

P.S. I stopped caring after Nintendo resold the Gamecube technology as a Wii with higher clocks, more memory and shitty casual input for 3 times the price. That was insulting sleazy...

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  6. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Nintendo as always being the brilliant retarded kid. It's almost impressive how they manage to do a thing that fans love while simultaneously shooting themselves in the fucking head. If they didn't have a dedicated fan base that trembles every time they hear Pokemon or any of the other decades old IPs stretched over a hundred identical games, they'd have been dead a long time ago. I seriously can't understand how people shit all over EA for every stupid thing they do (deservedly so) but when Nintendo limits merchandise or the stock of their rereleased retro console, they're obedient little zombies.

7. Gengar

High Score:
    Yeah, I retracted my statement and ate it on that one. If nothing else, it's impressive how they managed to hype me up so much with that trailer that I also consider it the biggest disappointment of E3.

How anyone can play Black Flag and walk away thinking - 'This was brilliant, but you know what would be better? No story and make it PvP only! - I've no idea...

8. Viewtiful

Viewtiful Groundskeeper

Does that mean there are people who actually like the story in those games? It's always by far the worst part to me, especially the modern day shit.

Anyway, biggest game for the show for me was that new Monster Hunter. I really loved the PSP games, but I didn't own a WiiU or a 3DS so I haven't touched the franchise in a long time, really excited to get back into it, though I'm trying not to be too hyped. Still the idea of really dynamic encounters where different monsters can suddenly appear to interrupt your fights seems amazing, just have to hope it isn't overly scripted.

And even though it was literally just a logo, I was still happy to see Metroid Prime again. I was genuinely concerned the franchise was just being left to die after the last couple of disasters.

9. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Oh please. Complaints about reusing stale IPs maybe made sense in the late Wii and during some of the WiiU years when they shat out 3-4 NEW! Super Mario Bros Games for example (which was a shame, because it meant people were fed up when the best version on the WiiU rolled around). But it doesn't make any sense with the current Nintendo game output.

They have clearly focused on developing new IP - Splatoon, ARMS for example in recent years. And even their established IP they often only have one game per console. We're far from the Assassin's Creed or Yokai Watch oversaturation here. This is not even mentioning how different the new Zelda is (and the new Mario looks to be) to anything that came before in their series.

This is not to say Nintendo doesn't have legitimate problems - their supply chain management is shit/they are incompetent in that area. But stale IPs/identical games is not a problem anymore.

Also, I think you are just looking at the opinions of pure fanboys only maybe - there are a lot of fans who do legitimately get upset about shitty things they do like stopping production of the NES mini or making the tenth 2D Mario game with the same aesthetic.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  10. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Yes. Because Nintendo isn't dependent at all of Marios, Smash Bros and Zeldas.

11. Gengar

High Score:
    Pokemon more than any of those.

12. Errant

Errant First Year

Drew Karpyshyn is writing Anthem, past credits include KOTOR, ME 1 and 2. This excites more then anything BioWare could have shown at E3.

13. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Oh yeah. No idea how I forgot that tone.

14. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
  15. Gengar

High Score:
    At least it's more than a title on a black screen.

[insert shots fired meme here]

16. Mutton

Mutton Order Member

I don't know; blank screens don't play with my feelings after all :D

Real talk, if anything this is worse because it means they don't actually have an artistic vision for BG&E2; it's just a "in case of needing money break glass" IP which never turns out well.