1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

E3 2018

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Heleor, May 29, 2018.

1. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

This conference is so cringey and awkwa...

I take it all back Bethesda.

That just made my E3

2. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

Well that was self-aware *and* funny.

And it actually triggered my own Echo. Unfortunately it did not actually start playing Skyrim.

3. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Here's the problem:
    The major game publishers have very... weird ideas of what constitutes a successful game (see: Dead Space 3 needing to sell 5 million copies, Tomb Raider and Hitman being considered "disappointing", etc). In order to be considered even slightly successful, the game would have to make about $15 billion dollars in the first nanosecond of release, and then keep up about a third of that in consistent revenue every second of every day for the following year.

4. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I'm not ashamed to admit that I genuinely wanted it.

5. Heleor

6. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

So I missed Bethesda, any announcements today beyond the funny skyrim clip?

7. Heleor

8. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

So did I a quick google and there is a new Elder Scrolls... but a mobile version. Way to cocktease. But tbh I've been needing a decent mobile game at work so if looks halfway decent, nothing to get excited about but I'll end up giving it a shot.

9. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Part 3

Bethesda:

• brags. brags everywhere.
    • It's Rocker!Fabio!
    • Dear Bethesda... please bring Rocker!Fabio back next year. He's mesmerizing.
    • Okay 13 mins in and finally a game..... annnnnd it's a Doom clone with some Mad Max thrown in. Ok. Kewl.
    • Not really a fan of ES:O anymore. I think I've just grown out of my grindy fantasy MMO stage.
    • Annnd there's actual Doom. Ok. Kewl Kewl Kewl.
    • Quake, Prey, Wolfenstein..... meh?
    • Hey look kids! It's Todd Howard! Again!
    • Keegan-Michael Key is always delightful. And so is meta humor.
    • Fallout is.... basically still the exact same game but with multiplayer and pvp? Ok Kewl.
    • Hey look kids! It's another mobile game! Hooray.
    • Starfield is.... A VIDEO GAME! ABOUT SPACE! THAT WE'LL MAKE!!...... SOMEDAY!!
    • I don't even know what the point of announcing Elder Scrolls 6 is. It is at minimum what... probably four years away?

10. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

Man, Fallout has changed so much over the years. It went from 'Nukes are bad, guys,' to 'Nuke whoever you want!'

11. Jarsha

Jarsha Seventh Year

NuDoom2 will hopefully be as fun as the first one, Rage 2 will likely follow the path of the first one and take months to be able to play it for more then ten minutes on PC without constant CTDs. Fallout 76 will either turn out to hopefully be fun, or hot garbage because of the always online aspect. I can already tell they're going to push for their creation club and paid mods again if you want to play online with friends.
    Starfield had generic scifi opening number three, so no real information there, same with Elder Scrolls 6.

Overall I wasn't impressed. I really want to look forward to the new Fallout, but there is a very important different between playing single player, and playing solo in a game. I'm not interested in the map getting nuked every five minutes while I'm trying to build something or just running around.

12. guy26412

guy26412 Squib

I'm convinced the only reason they announced Starfield and ES6 was because they knew they lost the audience with Fallout 76 and Blades, and they wanted to end on a semi-positive note.

13. Agayek

From the gameplay they showed, Fallout 76 is just Rust: Now you can nuke your friends Edition!, with clunky Fallout 4 combat and that just isn't compelling to me. It might be alright, but I wasn't super impressed with Fallout 4 in the first place, so I'm not holding my breath. I'm expecting my friends to bully me into playing it, and I'm expecting it to be good for a laugh when I nuke their shit for giggles, but I don't see there being any real longevity to the experience.

The big takeaway for me is Doom Eternal or whatever the fuck it's called, as NuDoom was fan-fucking-tastic, and even if the sequel is nothing but literally the exact same game with new levels, it's gonna be great. So I'm definitely interested in that.

I'm also very intrigued by Starfield; it's right up my alley if the various leaks about it are to be believed, and while we saw absolutely fucking nothing of substance, I'm intrigued nonetheless. Can't say more until they give us more to go on, but I'm definitely interested at least.

14. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What are those leaks? First I've heard of it?

Is it basically skyrim but in space? (which sounds fricking awesome)

15. Agayek

Essentially. From what I've heard, it's functionally "Fallout 4, in space, and written by Obsidian".

It's all rumors, we've seen precisely 0 official word on the game, but Obsidian is definitely working on a secret AAA game, and there's been some credible speculation that it's Starfield, especially given Obsidian and Bethesda's previous working relationship. Given that I'm a huge sucker for both space-based sci-fi and Obsidian, I have the most epic hype-boner for Starfield.

16. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Obsidian? If true...take my fucking money.

17. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I just feel like E3's press conference showcase is the wrong place to announce games that are still clearly at the earliest of pre-development stages. Either bring a substantial cinematic trailer/teaser, bring a gameplay trailer, or fuck off.

18. Dresden11

Dresden11 Fifth Year

One of the interesting tidbits about the 2 new games (starfield and ESO 6) is that they are supposed to be next generational games. Which means the rumors about ps5 and xbox 2 (is that what they will call it?) coming around 2020 seem much more reasonable. I'm thinking Starfield will be a launch game. Not sure about Elder Scrolls since they are 'supposed' to be making an entire new engine or doing something crazy with the engine at least for that game going by past comments they have made.

19. Sataniel

Sataniel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    So Rage 2 is post-apo Just Cause. I really like Just Cause so I'm down with that.

They really should have used Hell on Earth as a subtitle for NuDoom2.

New Wolfenstein seems meh, and I can't stop wondering if characters will have feet.

In FO76 servers aren't supposed to matter, which probably means zero permanency to anything you do, which kills the game for me.

Starfield's and TES6 announcements were basically nothing. We can only speculate what province is this. Seems like High Rock or Hammerfell.

"Let's pretend that our games being buggy is only internet shitposting" was incredibly annoying. Finish your damn games, instead of having patches be only used for purpose of adding more DLCs.

20. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    From Bethesda I liked Rage, Wolfenstein and Doom 2 the most.

I've sworn off BGS games ages ago, but have at it.