1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Elemental Debate - Naruto

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Stalicon, Jan 11, 2007.

?

Which Element is Kyuubi?

1. Fire

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  2. Water

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. Earth

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Wind

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  5. Lighting

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. All

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

Mm. o_o Kitsune in general are tied to Lightning or Fire. Now we can all say that Kyuubi forms himself into a physical entity of fire. Who knows? Doesn't change the fact that Kyuubi > All. ^_^! - skips off -

2. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

I seam to remember reading somewhere that the Tailed Demon’s have something called the “Ultimate Chakra.” At the same time, these demons have a set amount of chakra as well, measured in tails. It could be that this “Ultimate Chakra” is the perfect merger of both physical and spiritual energy; a perfect mix of both body and soul, thus giving their chakra tangibility but at the same time making them not quite corporeal.

This could mean that they are only made of this type of chakra and not a body as we see it; with bones and tissue. Since at the same time, their soul would be more bound to the earth it would make for true immortality.

In any case, I would imagine that if this is true, then they couldn’t increase their power from what it currently is, since they don’t have a body that they can strengthen or a mind that they can sharpen before combining the two energies. So the one tail Shukaku, even if it were free wouldn’t be able to increase its “chakra reserves” and match the power of the Nibi if it wanted, for example. They would be stuck with their amount of power.

But then, that’s the idea I get when thinking about this whole mess.

As for the elemental affinity, seeing that there are eight known elements; Water, Earth, Fire, Wind, Lightning, Wood (mix of Water and Earth), Sand (mix of Wind and Earth) and Ice (mix of Water and Wind), it could be that each of the first eight Tailed Demons need these elements to become tangible when free, while Kyuubi has the perfected form of this “Ultimate Chakra” and is just composed of very powerful, very dense and extremely intense chakra. But just that.

After all, the Shukaku with its body made of sand looked pretty solid when he was released. It could be that the Sanbi is made out of water and chakra, and even when unconscious, its chakra still maintains that form. It would explain why the Kyuubi didn’t leave a corpse behind at least, as well as their ability to manifest when their hosts allow.

I hope that makes some sort of sense. There are too many unknowns and too many assumptions at the same time, so it’s difficult to determine any facts. But that’s what makes the whole thing interesting, right?

For all we know there could be a ninth element. After all, there was a recent mention of Ying/Yang type chakra wasn't there?

3. Thorn

Thorn Professor

In legend, I believe the Kyuubi's tails could cause Tsunami's and earth quakes. This leads me to believe that the Kyuubi's elements are water and earth. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

That's said in Naruto as well and I believe it has nothing to do with elemental power. Have you seen how big Kyuubi is? If something that big swung its tail around and hit the ground or water, of course it'd cause earthquakes and tsunami's. He's huge! Bigger than a dinosaur.

If you really want to know, someone should just google it.The legend, that is. Because that's the closest you'll get to it, since they haven't said shit about it in Naruto. Might as well go to the next best source.

I've already linked that Naruto Fan page too, which is well thought out and written. It seems like that dude did some research on the subject, so I'm inclined to agree with him.

5. Lightning89

Lightning89 First Year

If I remember correctly, this phrase is common in the japanese language to show how powerful something is. But of course it could be a hint...

But I think the theory from MadEyes is the best and very close to what I have imagined.

This "Ultimate Chakra" could explain the hands of chakra which Naruto creates in the fight against Sasuke. This special "demonic" chakra seems to be the reason for Narutos melting skin the the four-tailed-form too.

And it did seem to me that the Tailed Beasts are indeed immortal. They have an specific body, but it's only chakra and basic elements. We never saw the corpse of the Sanbi, probably because there was none... just like Kyuubi.

Kyuubi is up till now the only demon which has shown extensive chakra-use in the fight, but little to none elemental-use. It has nearly unlimited, venomous, burning, tangible and healing chakra, but he can't influence its invironment.
    With the thought that he as all but no specific element, this is logical.

A Ying/Yang Chakra? I can't remember anything...

6. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

Ying and Yang natured Chakra is mentioned by Yamato when Kakashi is explaining the ability of bloodlines that allow the used to combine two chakra natures to form a new one, such as Ice and Wood. When Naruto asks about medical chakra, Shikamaru’s shadow "kagemane," Chouji's "Baika no Jutsu," and so on, Kakashi just says that explaining it all will take time and will confuse Naruto, so he doesn’t explain it at all.

At that point, Yamato asks, and I quote from my Manga translation: "What happens if you start talking about "Ying" and "Yang" Nature again...Kakashi-sensei."

And then says that training is more important, making Kakashi drop that subject entirely and start the training. Since the first time I read it it’s always made alarms ring all over my head that just screams "Hint!"

I just hope that it comes up sooner, rather than later...

7. Lightning89

Lightning89 First Year

Thanks for the information.

Chakra is definitely a bit more than just body stamina and mind energy. So we now have "demonic" Chakra, Nature Manipulation, physically and spatially recombation and hints to Ying and Yang.

The fanfiction writer can slowly forget the easy plot of Naruto just learning a dozen super strong jutsus. I'm not sad about it.

8. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Isn't it physical and spiritual? Maybe I'm wrong.

9. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Basically the same thing, just different ways of wording it.

10. Thorn

Thorn Professor

11. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Lol... I've already linked that, Thorn. I swear, no one reads all the posts.

12. Thorn

Thorn Professor

Oops. Sorry ;^^.

Anyone see the last couple mangas? Naruto himself is Wind and his secondary a lot of people are guessing to be water. The post time skip manga is called the Hurricane Chronicles by Kishimoto, so thats where the speculation comes from.