1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Empire's Son by blank 101 - Star Wars - T

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Skeletaure, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

Given the rather pivotal nature of the newest chapter, I'm surprised no one has posted anything yet!

I was kind of surprised at the way Luke dealt with the new information. I was expecting a bit more of a sign of disbelief, or violence - part of the very core of his beliefs were ripped apart. Then again, he's not really like Vader - he's more calm, and cold and would probably be able to go over the facts a bit better. Plus the way he uses the Force would probably show him if it was a lie.

2. JWH

JWH Unspeakable

I was kinda disappointed that

Obi-Wan didn't tell him "search your feelings, you know it to be true".

That would have been a nice touch.

3. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

"No Luke. I... am NOT your father! "
    "That's not true. That's impossible!"
    "Search your feelings, Luke. You know it to be true."

4. gbbz

gbbz Professor

Actually, wasn't anyone else more dissapointed? I was.

I mean the tension has been slowly building up for over 200,000 words and then it ... deflated.

I was hoping to see some fireworks.

5. JWH

JWH Unspeakable

Jokes aside, I liked the chapter. I didn't really care much about the confrontation with Obi-Wan. I'm more excited about what's to come with Vader, and Leia. And Palpatine.

Yeah, I really can't wait for the next chapter. With Blank it's always like that, it's slow, slow, slow, and then BAM!, something happens, hooking you all over again.

6. NoxedSalvation

NoxedSalvation Temporarily Banhammered

It was a good chapter, but the fireworks were't as bright as I had expected. Still a great fic everyone interested in SW- fanfiction should read.

7. Pirazy

Pirazy Groundskeeper

Just wait, Blank's gonna blindside us with something that'll hit so hard we're gonna be eating through straws for the foreseeable future.

8. Betosa

Betosa Third Year

New chapter is up.

9. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

I must that I liked his Trilogy much more.. It just had more complexity and depth.

But this is still better than any other star-wars fanfiction.. I just wish that Luke would be more in control, more mature (and i know that this would destroy the story.. but i really like a strong and manipulative Protagonist)

10. gbbz

gbbz Professor

... And the last couple of updates moved the plot further than the 20 previous. A lot of groundbreaking changes and significant reveals with some action thrown in. Even a lengthy lightsaber duel.

Everything is out in the open so to say. With Vader having proof of his offspring's survival and Luke being even more confused than before, which surprisingly makes him more decisive, some conclusion is bound to happen soon.

11. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

Have to agree, this last chapter actually made it worth catching up on the last 3 I missed. I'm definitely enjoying the character work on Luke here.

12. Pirazy

Pirazy Groundskeeper

13. Betosa

Betosa Third Year

good chapter.
    I must say i'm pretty disappointed in Han...

14. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

Why?

Also, Vader is not really very perceptive is he? Luke was dropping hints everywhere.

I forget, is Luke's real age Vader's knowledge? Like is Palpatine claiming the affair between Padme and Kenobi happened before Mustafar or after?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  15. Legacy

You're forgetting the fact that Vader has spent the last 9 years hating Luke with a passion, it's a lot easier to believe that the son you never knew of is being kept from you by someone you hate than to believe that person is your son. We're very good at ignoring the truth that we will not enjoy.

From what I remember, Palpatine never claimed Luke was Padme's. If I remember correctly Vader put out a suggestion for who Kenobi would have slept with, probably before Anakin and him fought on Mustafar.

16. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

Oh yeah, I'm sure that's why Palpatine made up that lie in the first place. Vader would never even stop to consider the possibility of Luke being his long lost son if he hated him more than anyone else in the world. It's not just the hate. Accepting Luke as his son would be accepting the fact that had spent the last 9 years actively trying to MURDER his own son - and coming fairly close.

17. gbbz

gbbz Professor

In the fic, If I remember correctly, he did it more just for the hell of it. It gave him enormous satisfaction to control Anakin's kid (all that power) and set father against son. He's cute that way.

18. Legacy

I'm really looking forward to the chapter where the little hamster wheel in Vader's head starts moving again and he figures out that Luke is his kid. Now that will be one major shitstorm to see.

Also, where the fuck is Han?

19. gbbz

gbbz Professor

Out, thinking with his d**k?

20. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

New chapter boys. Very nice interaction between Luke and Vader... but I think things are about to get worse.