1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Empire's Son by blank 101 - Star Wars - T

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Skeletaure, Feb 11, 2011.

1. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Probably. We're definitely on the verge of some momentous events. I think it's likely that Han will leave for one reason or another (fallout with Luke, or maybe Palpatine finally tries to have him killed), and tension between Luke and Vader is only going to grow. I think Vader will know the truth soon, and then shit will hit the fan.

2. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

If I were to guess, Vader is gonna learn about Leia, assume Luke just got the blood sample from her and then go to kill Luke. FUBAR ensues.

3. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Seeing as Vader analysed that blood sample every way that he could, he must know that it's from a male. The DNA at least would tell him that and probably hormones or other stuff in the blood [I'm not a doctor].

4. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

That'd be the case even if they were using our technology.

Which, obviously, they aren't. So yes, he probably knows.

5. gbbz

gbbz Professor

Vader specifically says it is his son several times. When Leia's surname is made known to him it will cause much confusion. Consider that he never once entertained the thought of Palpatine lying to him about Luke's parentage. That single secret is the reason he will need to turn on the Sith Lord, I think.

I love how much Vader despises Luke in this fic. It's like watchiing a trainwreck (you know he will eventually realise he hated his own son), you can't look away.

6. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Recent developments have really fleshed this story out. I enjoyed it, but saw it coming short every time I compared it to the Son of Suns trilogy. If the current trend continues, I'll like it just as much(although it will probably be much shorter).

7. Hidden94

Hidden94 Squib

It has updated.

8. gbbz

gbbz Professor

No. It has become beyond awesome.

Palpatine ordering Luke to kill either Han or Indo, or he will have them both killed was such a masterstroke. I really love how the author made the Emperor the ultimate evil guy. He's the meanest cruelest sonofabitch ever. "It's for your own good my boy."

Regarding the rebel ambush I doubt the series will end now (Palpatine's death would most likely conclude the fic), though it is still a possibility. not saying he will die of course. He's Palpatine most likely he already knows about the rebel operation in the dockyard.

I love how the pressure builds up, though I'm not entirely sure when the climax will be. It can happen soon or be delayed another 500,000 words.

9. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

It'll be another 500,000 words, but soon in terms of in-story timeline.

10. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

I don't think this coming battle will be the end of Palpatine. At the same time, having Luke escape with Han and join the Rebel Alliance and fight the Emperor sounds cool, but I can't see blank101 doing such a straight forward, generic plot as that.

11. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Eh. On one hand, the author has said that by no means will this story be as long as his other one, the trilogy, and it is quite long so far, but on the other hand, too many things are unresolved.

I just can't see the author allowing things to work out in the upcoming ... event.
    Regardless, I have enjoyed reading this story. Not as much as the Son of Suns, regrettably, but it is top-notch.

12. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

Go wrong, something will. Clouded, the future is.

13. Infidel

Infidel Auror

I wonder how Han plans to take Luke with him. Probably spice his brains out.

I hope it wont be the end of Palpatine. Blank101 writes a brilliant Sith Lord. It would be a tragedy to loose the most interesting character in the story.

14. Pirazy

Pirazy Groundskeeper

15. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

One of the most chilling things I ever read. Literally had goosebumps reading that. Fuck, Palpatine is a twisted motherfucker. And this is why blank101 is the best Star Wars writer around...

16. gbbz

gbbz Professor

This Palpatine is definitely more twisted than any other I've ever seen.

17. magglez

magglez First Year

I love how in just a few chapters blank managed to change this from an above average fanfic, something not all that special, into a fic that is on par with his other trilogy and the best that DLP has to offer. Out of curiosity, has anyone invited him here yet, and if not, why? On the chapter, all I have to say is, I have a bad feeling about this. And I feel like the Han/Leia is a bit forced.

18. Pirazy

Pirazy Groundskeeper

19. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

We're into the final set of events right now. It's amazing. What an epic buildup from the start. Most stories have small build ups and small climaxes, and then go back down to ground level. This entire fic feels like it has been a build up to this point.

I felt Palpatine's manipulation this chapter was a bit weak compared to him in the past. Then again, he was caught off guard, and probably realized that Luke was drugged and needed to be controlled in a different manner.

I'm glad that Han actually contacted Vader to get help. It's gonna be ironic that the whole time Luke was trying to make up with his father, and then when his father finds out, Luke is probably gonna try to kill him. In his spice induced state, I wonder how he'll fare.

Still, so much shit happening, and so much to look forward to.

20. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Crippled by spice, Vader can probably stop Luke without killing him