1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot End of the Line by Chilord - FR18 - BtVS/Sailor Moon

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Captain Trips, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Captain Trips

Captain Trips High Inquisitor

Title: End of the Line
    Author: Chilord
    Rating: FR18
    Genre: Tragedy
    DLP Category: Misc
    Summary: Because Even the best of intentions can have the most dire of consequences.
    Link: Here

I found this Oneshot today and thought it was exellent, so I decided to share what I have read with you people.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  2. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Link would be helpful.

3. Captain Trips

Captain Trips High Inquisitor

Link added

4. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Gah, no matter how incompetent the Senshi - and their enemies are - it really strained credibility to have Xander and a non-slayer Faith kill them all with conventional firearms/munitions.

That said, it did make for a fun read. It does make sense that Usagi - who comes off as all ideals - but no clue how to implement them - would do something of this magnitude that would hypothetically lead to Crystal Tokyo.

3/5

5. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

Wow, you know, I never thought I'd actually say this about something like Sailor Moon, but I'm sick of people bashing and shitting all over it.

First of all, Sailor Moon generally gets a lot of shit about, uh, pretty much everything, but most it's just retarded fanon. You know, much like this story.

For example, this bullshit about her killing people. Um, the Conflict and Idiocy Balls are obviously at work. One of Sailor Moon's canon powers ws resurrection, and she has broght back literally Millions of people, effortlessly, in seconds, as well as dead planets, I believe. So, yeah, the entire premise of this story is, uh, as stupid as the rest of the story.

Second of all, Xander being able to do anything to any of those girl, ever, is mind-numbingly retarded. This writer, like the majority of SM writers, obviously never actually read/watched SM. These girls are powerful to the point of Cosmic Horror. Sailor Moon, in the manga, once dodged someone's attack with a jump, and was accidentally taken out of orbit. That's right she reach escape velocity on accident. For those who don't know, that's 25,000 miles per hour or about seven miles a second, and, by the way, way faster than any of his bullets, by, like, a shit load.

This was early in the manga. Like season one, basically. Before she got really broken. And by the way, she was completely unhar by the vacuum of space.

Later on, she withstood multiple planet destroying attacks returned fire with equal power, and later, something strong enough to destroy the entire Universe.

The bullshit notion of Xander fight, much less winning, with guns is, as I said, bullshit. In fact, if Xander tries fighting the Senshi in his dreams, I would recommend he wake up and apologize.

Sailor Moon especially is pretty much Cthulhu on God Mode (Yes, I did just say that). So, pretty much everything that happens in this story is also retarded.

1/5

And I'd give it a lower rating if possible, for making me look sme of this stuff up, which was a bitch to do.

Kensington: You do remember that Crystal Tokyo is not at all a bad place, and is more of a Utopia, right?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  6. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Heh, I never read the manga, and the episodes I did watch I spent more time watching my classmate than her tv.

I haven't fact checked Sailor Moon in over a year, but if I recall Crystal Tokyo was a place where no evil existed. While that may be Utopia - I'm pretty sure more than a few fanfiction authors interpreted it as Usagi brainwashing the survivors of the Great Freeze into being good drones. I acknowledge that this interpretation is fanon.

However, while I can buy into Crystal Tokyo being a creepy Utopia of the future, I did find that Xander going all Jason Bourne on the Senshi was improbable at the least. Eh, it was a fun oneshot, but nothing beyond that.

7. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

No, that's not what happened.

Forst of all, the Great Freeze was stopped.

Second of all, Crystal Tokyo didn't get rid of evil; it just gave everyone on Earth a life span of, like, a thousand years, and removed most problems like hunger and sickness and stuff.

Third of all, a purification (which didn't exist in the anime at all) does is remove outside influence; it was used on a pervert, once, and he stayed a pervert. It's only purpose was to keep the Senshi from killing their enemies like they did in the manga.

Fourth of all, Usagiis well aware she can't rid the world of evil:

Fifth of all, we know CT isn't a perfect place; see also: Black Moon and Death Phantom.

8. ReverseSide

ReverseSide Slug Club Member

You might not believe it, but you can give it lower rating than 100%.

As for the story: it seemed contrived, but it was readable enough.

3/5.

9. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

FUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Fixed.

10. Alraune

Alraune Seventh Year

Was bored. So I tried this out because it seemed interesting. Sailor Moon being one of the first fandoms I ever read fanfics for. So I tend to have a soft spot for it. But seriously, wtf is this shit?

1) The senshi forced into villain roles and overly OOC because the author clearly did not like the series.

2) Retarded Premise, Usagi or any of the senshi letting anyone die for any reason is beyond OOC. Especially since this is post series, after Usagi fought tooth and nail with her fellow senshi to stop anyone to be sacrificed in the name of the greater good.

As well as what Ryuugi Shi said, Usagi as her super power is Resurrection. Even if CT needed all these lives taken she could bring them back instantly she did several times with absolutely no effort.

3) The senshi depowered to stupid levels so Xander could win. He beat them with guns? The same girls who fought off a creature that drove everyone insane on the planet by existing, a planet eater, and the root of all evil? The same girls that can manipulate time, end the planet, are super strong and they're bulletproof? But Chilord had them beaten by guns? What is this shit?

4) Crystal Dystopia. Enough said.

-1 out of 5.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010