1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Endgames: Masquerade Ball

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Sloth, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

Snowvon Uh well my psychic thing started at lesstinyhunt (2nd game of mafia) on DLP, that was 2011 (4 years ago!) and then warlock where I let my guts get away from me (I firmly believed the Demon Mayor was town) so that ended in me learning balance to differentiate guts and reads and combine them, then batmafia happened. After that I think I played on other sites for 3 games and it was 2 horrible games and 1 batmafia-ish game except that I won as mafia.

Together with tinyhunt it was 7 games in one year.

2012 was the year of high school graduation so I stopped mafia totally to pursue studies and got into med school, got busier, this is my first mafia game in 4 years.

---------- Post automerged at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

And yeah I actually had no idea fonti really gushed about me before game. :\ I recall only playing one non mafia game with her (Survivor) And she was on my team when I kinda backstabbed her to progress to the next round so when she said it my default reaction was that she was somehow using it as leverage. And I didn't think people would remember me after 4 years.

Sorry about that fontisian. :\

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

?

In the survivor game, I rejected your offer and you took me down. No backstabbing involved. And don't worry about the other stuff.

3. Irene

fontisian yeah that's how you remembered it. To me I went behind your back and kinda made alliances to vote you out so I felt guilty for the rest of the game (days after it) and subsequently lost interest and didn't bother to maintain my alliances so I got backstabbed by them instead.

I apologise for my comments about the ashamed and stuff but I was genuinely uncomfortable with being believed for my track record rather than what I was saying. :)

If it helps I really admire your gameplay and respect you a lot as a player. I'm sure you would continue to improve and become as amazing as Eido one day.

P.S. Eido was my idol. <_<

4. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I think Eido's everyone's idol.

And thanks. I want to play survivor again. I would do it differently.

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Sloth and TerRaine should immediately start drafting up a new game. Like, right now.

Break time's over, you two. No more slacking.

---------- Post automerged at 02:51 ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 ----------

I'm also really glad Irene picked Defying Gravity as Zola's song because I am all about that.

6. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Woot. I'm planning on going to medical school next year! Although I'm guessing you're not from the U.S. because med school right after high school?

Anyways, more on-topic, I would absolutely love to play Survivor as the last game of Survivor here kinda ended prematurely. I'd even be interested in hosting it if that's what gets it to happen, though I don't really know enough to do so - if anyone does have the knowledge (ex: list of survivor challenges for forum mafia, rules on a wiki, etc.), feel free to PM me with the info and I'd get about to actually hosting a game of Survivor!

7. Irene

Citrus Yup. Med school is a 5 year undergrad bachelor's degree here, but we still get the doctor license! My country follows the UK system where medicine is undergrad.

Snowvon Glad you love defying gravity too! <3

8. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Oh nice, I'm originally from the UK, so I actually know that system haha. Best of luck with the remainder etc!

9. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Man, why didn't I work out I could win with so little effort before... That's like years of effort wasted XD.

10. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Right? D2 onwards were like the fastest days ever

11. Titus

Titus Squib

I am very surprised that scum had little desire to mislynch me. I would have if I was scum, or tried to get leverage. Fonti even told them about my ability. Once one of them knew they were the lynch, threatening to kill me if I did not join would have been very effective.

Maybe they wanted Fonti more *shrug*

12. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Congrats to all of us for winning. :)

13. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

So close to finally surviving and winning at the same time. So damn close.

14. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

Bloody hell...I am also the author of this stuff.

---------- Post automerged at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Not so much falsely informed as we didn't see the possibility until it hit us in the face. At the time you were told that...we full intended that to be the way you townsided

---------- Post automerged at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

1) We have ideas in the works. Same universe and some of the same chars...different powers and scum. But you know...tired

2) Irene's song choices for characters and her insights into their probable back stories were interesting as hell ^^

15. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

I just want to go ahead and nominate Irene the Playlist Composer Award right off the bat. Those songs were gold and entertained me for the past night and today as I read through them. Pure. Fucking. Gold.

16. Irene

Thanks for the praise Terraine and Riley. <_< Do I need an acceptance speech or something? I think my brain is generally a very strange and scary place, but at least it's fun!

17. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

I am still shocked she picked off Met's theme song pretty much immediately.
    A WITCH.

Tentatively, next game we'd either remove the mason or Leo's ability: though the ability never actually came into play, it seems OP in retrospect.
    Also probably make it so Zola has to rotate her target.
    And completely overhaul the 3rder system for Sal - even if it had worked out perfectly, there's no way we can try to pull it off a second time.
    Same with the Allocen system, really. But better not go into that. (Btw, props to blab for making good use of the soup and cop abilities.)

Unrelated, I was thinking a game where EVERY PLAYER (Town, Scum, 3P) has an entirely different, hidden wincon aside from their alignment wincon.
    Like, maybe there's a Town that has to win with Town, but also has to make sure two other towns are mislynched to win...or something like that. Work in progress.

18. Irene

It would be really bastard (read: Awesome if I'm obs) if a townie's secret wincon is that he gets to take over a 3rd party role if town lynches the guy.

19. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

Speaking of,
    [​IMG]
    ^Allocen

20. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Me being mason with Irene meant that scum couldn't silence her reads.:) Which was awesome.

And I don't really think my ability was OP. Although that might be because it was never in effect.