1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Equal and Opposite by Amerision - M

Discussion in 'Dark Arts' started by Amerision, Jun 5, 2006.

1. [KS18]Raziel44

[KS18]Raziel44 Card Captored and buttsecksed

it is a cool story.. a little bit weird but cool

2. holyhastes

holyhastes Raptured to Hell

I did like this storie. though I'm surprise after a month in the 1st page it is still in the 1st 5 tread. Aniway good work Amer's and hope to see the next one soon.

5/5 so far .... Froget to vote -.-^

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  3. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

Updated.

Find it here:

http://patronuscharm.net/s/40/9/

DLP's sister site will have a 24 to 48 hour lead on all my updates from now on to encourage traffic.

4. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Brilliant. :D Thanks Amer.

5. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

You mean that there actually isn't a "technical difficulty with FFnet"?

Lol, that's great. I'd emulate it, but that might give rise to suspicion.

6. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

No it might make it more realistic. :p

7. Titan

Titan Squib

Very good story Amerison
    10/10 in my book. I'm eagerly awaiting Chapter 10.

8. ParseltonguePhoenix

ParseltonguePhoenix Unspeakable

I'm liking this story a lot; it is totally original (to my knowledge, anyway). The descent of Harry into darkness, obsession, and even madness is frighteningly realistic. The only thing that has somewhat bothered me...is that if Jamie is Harry's equal and opposite...how come as Harry dove so deep into the Dark Arts, Jamie did too? I suppose I expected her to be more...well, opposite.

4.5/5

9. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Hahaha good idea Amer i confess to falling for it hook, line and sinker!

Nice update though, truthfully its about the first fic where i've read that someone actually stands up to the Longbottom matriach let alone lays waste to the house elf while beatin the shit out of the old girl.

The Potter money and vaults you could see coming but i suppose it was a necessarey evil to get it done and out of the way. I liked how you didn't spend an age with the usual Harry and fuckin Griphook or busttooth or other such stupid goblin interaction so thats sweet.

I get the feeling that its kinda slowed down on the darker aspects of magic, and all round movement of the story since the first few chapters?

4/5 for this chapter good stuff mate.

10. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

Good chapter, and I also like the fact that you didn't go into extra depth with the goblin's AND you had a house elf attack a wizard with a kitchen knife. I'm just waiting for another meeting between Harry and Jamie. 4.5/5. (would've gotten a five, but I like ridiculously long chapters)

11. Amerision

Finished. Complete. Done. Fin.

Last chapter was posted two weeks ago, and the Epilogue (which was in WBA) on FFnet today.

I changed some stuff in the Prologue to make it somewhat more mature as well. Perhaps if times permits, I'll rewrite Chapters 1 - 3 later. For now though...

*sigh*

I'll miss you Olivia Wil-, er, Jamie. :(

And if you didn't realize it by now, she was my model for her. Her life at the Longbottom estate can be seen in my signature below.

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  12. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

Olivia Wil-, err can you finish the name, I am pretty curious about the model. The Jamie Potter in the bottom right corner was a dead giveaway though, but was easier to read in the one before with the striped zebra shirt.

13. Freelancer

Freelancer Fourth Year

Olivia Wilde, I really like her performance in House M.D.

And with regard to the story, I'm really sad that we won't get more detail about the status of wizarding world with this new Potter couple. And I will defenitely miss Jamie too. (Maybe write an Omake? :p)

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  14. Stalin's Pipe Organs

Stalin's Pipe Organs Auror

I'll tell you the truth. I didn't particularly like the way you ended this story.

The first nine chapters were excellent. They continually built up the tension in the story. You had the power dynamic of Jamie always being stronger then Harry going. Even when Harry crossed worlds and confronted Jamie, you showed his complete inferiority to her. Jamie throughout the story would always remain several notches above Harry.

Then comes Chapter 10. In the space of a few thousand words the power dynamic was completely flipped. Although plotwise Harry overpowering Jamie was logical, thematically it was a fluke. The main theme of the story as I saw it was that Jamie would always remain stronger then Harry no matter what he does. Then Harry just overpowers Jamie because she is weakened after Voldemort punishes her. The epilogue was the same.

The way I saw the story end before you wrote the epilogue would be to have the events of chapter 10 all be planned by Jamie. So that she could in following chapters trap and ensnare him. That would keep true to the main theme.

So 4/5 for an excellent beginning and middle.

15. Oneiros

Oneiros Groundskeeper

How would that even make sense? I mean no person could be so intelligent as to plan out something so outlandish with so much room for error. It just wouldn't work. Really, this was the only proper ending for this story....well it could have used a bit more Harry/Jamie smut, but the ending was fitting as it brought everything around full circle, and it showed us that no matter how powerful a woman gets there will always be a man there to put her in her place. :awesome

16. Stalin's Pipe Organs

Stalin's Pipe Organs Auror

I know it doesn't make much sense but it was the only possibility I saw happening after chapter 10. That chapter felt like a last minute reroute. At least once the epilogue came out.

17. thisperson

thisperson Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I hope this means good things for ToaDS, Amerison. o_O

18. Amerision

You would say that.

...And it does mean good things. Very good things.

19. sincostan

sincostan High Inquisitor

Hrm, went through ToaDS at the mention. It's difficult to tell what's going on in the first few chapters, but it's gotten really interesting about where you stopped. Of course, Lost Time is at the top of my list.

20. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Nicely done. Short, but sweet, I always say. It almost seems like you planned it from the start. I still say this will one day be called "that story that Amerision wrote before he became too famous for his own good."