1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Escape to Darkness by kmfrank - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by kmfrank, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Böhser Onkel

Böhser Onkel Second Year DLP Supporter

I really like this story, it is really awesome and the end of the last chapter it has many possibilities. I think at least 4/5

2. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

The new "personalized recommendations" thingy directed me to this story. Well done new feature, well done indeed.

So, the first thing that comes to mind is the rather obvious inspiration from the Count of Monte Cristo. Since that happens to be one of my favorite books I certainly didn't mind. It's not really a ripoff though, as many things are different (the most important being perhaps that Faria/Gelgrin survives).

For all that I enjoyed it though I really can't give it a 5/5 -- there were just too many words that weren't focusing on Harry, and I didn't find the non-Harry/Gelgrin bits to be as interesting.

So overall... 4/5, and now I'm off to WbA to see if there's more there.

3. Marcus Livius Drusus

Marcus Livius Drusus Banned DLP Supporter

This is a great take on Count of Monte Cristo. Obviously it's highly derivative, but that was the authors intention so no complaints there. Very much worth the read. Too bad it's abandoned.
    4/5

4. Slime

Slime Squib

This is how you make a Voldemort-ruled Wizarding World. I like how you touched upon the fact that once they've won, the Dark Lord becomes awfully dependant on his Death eaters to do anything. Though I must say I find the chapters too long.
    4/5 too.

5. Rache

Rache Headmaster

It's too bad KmFrank ran out of inspiration and ideas. Escape to Darkness still is the best Gellert mentor story out there, not that there are many stories with this idea.

6. kmfrank

kmfrank Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Psh, I ran out of neither inspiration nor ideas, I just got busy with other things and didn't have the time to dedicate to writing.

However, I did just get an idea for a new story, so who knows maybe I'll come back to this one at some point.

7. Rache

Rache Headmaster

It's been a while since I saw you post on DLP Kmfrank. Welcome back.

8. EinStern

EinStern Seventh Year

*squints*

Yes, that is a very interesting signature you have there. I'm looking forward to what might come of it.