1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Evanna Lynch did not age as well as her Potter castmates...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nukular Winter, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Op picture: lighting, makeup, and the red hair all contributed in to a "WHOA. DO NOT WANT" reaction.

But like everyone said she never really was " OMG HOTNESS" more of cute.

/me shrugs.

Well we can still dream right?

2. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Err... Canon Ginny Weasley is supposed to be stunning, but I'm pretty sure dear Bonnie screwed that character over for all of us. The same can now be said for Lynch, sadly. Her face in the OP looks absolutely deformed and when I looked again I flinched. I mean physically.

TL;DR: What has been seen can never be unseen. Goodbye, Luna my love. Your days in my fanfiction are over.

3. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Bonnie Wright is not the reason we all hate Ginny, but rather JKR is.

4. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

For me its both, actually. Bonnie ain't stunning, and JKR's development of her wasn't exactly A-grade material.

5. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Lolwut ? There is nothing in canon to indicate that Luna is some beauty. Harry said that she looked nice enough for Slughorn's party, but that's it.

6. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    No, it actually is Bonnie Wright. Or rather, it is both Bonnie Wright and JKR. I just can't stand her face. I have this unreasonable urge to punch her.
    Mind you, when I was fresh out of reading the books I had a fairly neutral view of Ginny, I didn't hate her yet. But Bonnie Wright in the movies just made me so angry.

7. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

I dated someone who was both, and I dare not ever confuse the two.

Actually, in the context of that paragraph, the meaning would be more along the lines of "Wow, my new hi-def TV makes those colors really pop!" as opposed to "Lynch's eyes are bulging from her skull."

If that's not the case, and kalespr meant the former, I have to admit it leaves me scratching my head, since Lynch's eyes don't appear "protuberant" in any of the pics in this thread.

On the other hand, the latter would make sense, since the red hair does seem to bring out the blue in her eyes.

Kind of like how Ginny's red hair so effectively brings out the nonexistent blue in her "bright brown" eyes that a zillion fanfic writers fuck it up on a daily basis.

8. Holocron

Holocron Squib

Seriously didn't know it was her even after reading the name. It took a while for the horror to hit me. Are those lumps on her head?

I thought there were people employed specifically to stop that from happening in a photo. Can't be good for her prospects if it is shown to enough important people.

I'm now worried that you might have ruined any Luna/? fics for me now. Those were sort of acceptable before.

9. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Pro-tip: don't accept any female from the movies as canon, appearance-wise. They got the most beautiful character in the series wrong - so what makes you think any of the other broads match their description?

That being said, if anyone in the cast fits their character, it would be Lynch - since that broad is not supposed to be pretty.

EDIT:

Luna (US canon):
    [​IMG]

I like how she wears dem socks wif defm flippy-floppies. Sup sup baby :3

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  10. The Arid Legion

The Arid Legion Professor

In my mind Luna will always be the most attractive HP character. Well . . her and Hedwig.:awesome

EDIT: Obligatory Fleur reference goes here.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  11. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Fix'd that thar.

12. The Arid Legion

Double fixed.

13. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Triple fixed.

14. whimsical

whimsical First Year

I think I'm the only one in the world who thinks Bonnie is adorable. Sure, she doesn't look like a conventionally hot celebrity, but if I went to school with her, I'd sure as hell make puppy eyes at her.

...Incoming hatred for this comment.

15. Tenages

Tenages Order Member DLP Supporter

And I would make puppy eyes at a heifer when I'm hammered. Doesn't make it any less fail though:awesome

16. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Where is that fucking thumbs down button?

17. whimsical

whimsical First Year

I guess I just don't differenciate between celebrities and normal girls when it comes to standards. Sure, she's ugly for a celebrity, but pretty damn cute for a normal guy to know in person. People like to pretend like they have all these high standards, especially where the internet is concerned, but most of us end up with the average-looking people who we'd consider ugly only if they were famous.

Honestly, if Bonnie were playing anyone but the supposedly gorgeous Ginny, people would probably give her less shit. It's probably due to the fact that Rowling made her out to be some unearthly beauty that people got pissed when they didn't have a girl as hot as Megan Fox (sans thumbs) playing her.

18. The Arid Legion

Blasphemy.

19. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I like Lynch she is kinda cute and of course she reminds me of my sister. As of Wright I want to punch her too, she doesn't even know what acting is....

20. whimsical

whimsical First Year

Haha, what? We're arguing over whether or not Lynch is hot, and your argument is that she's cute because she reminds you of your sister? Creepy.