1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Even Hand

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by JohnThePyro, Aug 4, 2010.

1. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

So, a new(?) Dresden short was released in this collection

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Stormy-Knights-P-Elrod/dp/0312598343/ref=pd_sim_b_52

on July 20th, titled "Even Hand". It's set from the perspective of Marcone. Surprisingly, I really liked this one. While not too much is learned here, we do get the idea of how Marcone feels towards Dresden, which is a major change from what went on in "Changes".

Thoughts?

2. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

We've been talking about this in various other threads, though it doesn't have a thread of its own.

I haven't read it. I still haven't managed to read AAAA Wizardry yet either. I'd like to, but the local bookstore doesn't seem to stock it (and I don't want to order it). Edit: Managed to borrow a copy from someone, but still haven't read AAAA Wizardry.

Anyone know if this one (and AAAA Wizardry) will be included in the upcoming book of Dresden Files short stories?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  3. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

No, I don't think it is. According to Jim's site, there are three short stories set in between Turn Coat and Changes that we haven't seen yet - Even Hand (Well, we can see it now), Love Hurts, and Curses. Love Hurts will be included in Side Jobs, same with a brand new novella Aftermath. AAAA Wizardry is not mentioned.

Here's the list of ones in Side Jobs:

4. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think we'd better move this to the Changes forum, since this is kind of a touchy subject to be talking about in the main Dresden forum, especially considering how new it is (and how long I'm having to wait for it to arrive from America >_>).

5. Datakim

Datakim Chief Warlock

I think not. I seem to recall that Butcher wanted it to but there were some legal reasons it did not work. I think there was somekind of time limit before Butcher could re-use it and its not yet passed or something.

However Butcher has promised that he will continue writing these small stories until there are enough for another collection, and in that collection EH will appear.