1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Everything Else Manga Thread

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by LT2000, Jan 30, 2013.

1. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Use tC's viewer (I linked it on the previous page of this thread) rather than going directly to webtoons.com. The latter is designed for mobile use and doesn't work well with PC's.

2. chaosfire999

chaosfire999 Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

If anyone wants to ruin themselves on Claymore 153 before it's translated, go ahead.

Looks like it's a fight going quite quickly, for once!

3. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Tower of God.

In which Koon, Wangnan and the rest of the Tangsooyooks show themselves to be pretty shitty friends.

4. Mutton

Mutton Order Member

I disagree; Koon is doing what he can to protect his friends. Rachel's been established as a threat who will hurt them and manipulate Viole.

That said, the whole thing can be surmised as Viole going "I am beyond this and forgive her" and then when he leaves the room, Koon follows with "See her? Kill her and hide the body."

5. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I said that more because of the fact that they all decided that it would be a good thing to ditch their friend (who has well-documented abandonment issues) and climb without him. Koon's motivations for doing it are by far the worst of the lot, but they're all doing something shitty and inconsiderate to Baam here.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  6. Mors

Mors Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Meh, he can deal. Smothering is hardly the epitome of friendship. Besides, Rak will be with him.

I for one am glad we'll be seeing different people moving forward and forging different paths. The way they are now, only Baam has a decisive strength in engagements against, say, a lower B- or upper C- rank opponent (yes, even including the Princesses). The others don't have his unique advantages (not to mention the truly OP sentient weapon) and will be quickly slaughtered when Karaka and his gophers recover enough to make their move, unless they get much stronger very quickly in the mean time. Hwa Ryun is probably right. (Also, hey, Guide.)

I do wonder though. I understand Wangnan's position; he wants to be a friend on even terms, and doesn't have any history with Hwa Ryun. But Koon is being unusually trusting. Maybe Guides cannot or do not lie when they show you your path?

7. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

But, ultimately, these guys aren't like Baam and never will be. It's pretty much impossible for them to get to the level he's on in a year (and if they did, it would be an enormous asspull, especially taking into consideration that he's going to be climbing with the major handicap of not having a proper team and will have to be even stronger as a consequence). The only way any of them could ever catch up with him would be for him to completely stop growing at all, because his rate of growth exponentially outstrips theirs. As long as they climb with Baam, they're forever going to be looking at his back. So if Wangnan's newfound sense of pride dictates that he can't handle that, then he should just leave Baam's side permanently. Which I think might be the final outcome of this whole ordeal anyway. Should that happen, Baam going back to the Season One team would be great (though not necessarily a logical consequence of a for keeps split with Team Tangsooyook). I wish SIU had just let him go up with them from the get-go rather than cobbling that whole shady D-Rank excuse, since he was obviously planning to split Baam away from the Season Two team anyway. At least then he wouldn't be so nearly alone.

Really, my main hope is that he just somewhere, somehow finds some friends who won't simply ditch him the moment he becomes in any way inconvenient to them. Koon especially has severely disappointed me this chapter.

While on the subject of Koon, he's just setting himself up for another epic fail. Rachel and her new team are going to maul him, and his only real hope is that Baam will show up in time to save him and be inclined to do so, after discovering his attempt to murder Rachel behind his back. Also, blindly trusting Hwa Ryun is a bad idea for anyone, not just him. She definitely has her own agenda and is not in any way above putting people in potentially lethal situations in order to advance it.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  8. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

I can't handle all of these name and terminology changes...

I agree with LT2000 that they are pretty shitty friends. Every one is pre-occupied with themselves and their own goals. While conveniently forgetting that the best friend they just got back has spent the last God knows how many years of his life in a living hell to keep them alive.

Hwa Ryun still best ever.

9. Mutton

Mutton Order Member

They're just playing a longer game. We knows that Baam has enemies, strong one, and they doesn't want Baam to get stuck na similar hostage situation then they need to get strong so that they can be useful allies.

Plus he's got Rak. Do you really need more bros than that?

10. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

A little training is never going to make them capable of doing much against the kind of firepower (i.e. Rankers) FUG is capable of scrambling against them, if they ever really get serious about putting that jackboot back on Baam. Baam himself couldn't stand up for them in such a situation at the moment, even with the Thorn. But he could before too long, given enough time to grow. Expecting the Tangsooyooks to grow to that level, however, is probably expecting too much considering that they can only barely even hold their own against other Regulars on their own floor level.

This whole thing is far more about salving their (and particularly, Wangnan's) personal pride than it is about actually keeping anyone safe from Baam's enemies. In Koon's case, it's about having Baam out of his way so that he can go after Rachel without being hindered. The latter is probably the real reason why Hwa Ryun proposed the split. For what end, remains to be seen. But she clearly seems to want Koon to have a go at Rachel.

11. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

Hwa Ryun wants that asshole Rachel out of the way so she can have Baam all for herself. Obvs.

12. oghmanian

oghmanian First Year

TOG

Yuri back and going full badass on some mooks.

13. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

Does this mean we'll get a Black March - Baam reunion? PLS SIU.

14. KGB

KGB Headmaster

No idea if this is the right thread to put this in.

I finally played through Wolf among us and fell in love with the world. So I decided to check out the comics, but there appears to be a bunch of spinoffs and one shots. So my question is this: Is there some kind of reading order for them, or do I just plow on with the main comic?

15. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ahaha, Trinity Seven is getting interesting again. Entering the tournament arc, which is almost always good.

16. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Tower of God.

Possible new harem member sighted, though the resemblance in name to Yuri is suspicious and makes it highly possible that it's her in disguise.

17. Lord Raine

Lord Raine Disappeared DLP Supporter

To all you basic bitches who dropped HSDK because "abluh Kenichi doesn't get respect" and "waah he's not progressing fast enough," I have only this to say.

Get styled upon.

18. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

I've been wanting to see those eyes for a long time. And he makes it look better than all the masters.

I feel rewarded.

19. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

I dropped HSTDK because it was the most generic shounen manga possible (to still retain some quality) with a very generic protagonist, a frustatingly slow plot and just a lack of good characters outside the Masters (they were the main reason I sticked with it for so long, and Neji).

But that was impressive.

20. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

Can someone help me understand their translation? What does Holding of Ki mean with regards to Invoker of Ki and Release of Ki?