1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Everything Else Video Games Thread [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Erandil, Oct 28, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Solfege

Solfege Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Is Rin out? Call me when she is.

Edit: Seriously, though. I have a thing for the El-Mellois. Thanks to Postnuptial Disagreements.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  2. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

I do need more waifu's in my lineup, but sadly the rolls aren't with me.

3. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Been switching between Sunless Sea and Darkest Dungeon lately.

First captain died about ten hours into SS, while my first two heroes died 3 heroes into DD.

Love the artstyle of Darkest Dungeon, wish there was more of the backstory comics or an official comic in general.

Sunless Sea, as told before by a few people here, has such great writing, it's really a shame that the game doesn't have a narrator which could do it justice. IMO, Michael Bell or Simon Templeman might do the job well enough.

4. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

We need a FGO thread. Also didn't roll once until now. Saving up my meager quartz for Gil. Hopefully I can get him.

5. Solfege

360 quartz nets around a 60% chance for any one 5* during rate up, I believe.

6. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Had 150. Rolled all of it. Only got one 4* servant. No 5* craft even. I hate Gasha. NOT EVEN ONE WAIFU.

7. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't mind gacha as a mechanic, as long as a game gives out substantial free ways to gain currency.

8. Solfege

A slow and steady stream of quartz, but rates never more than 1% 5*s and 3% 4*s. FGO is the highest grossing gacha for a reason.

9. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

I just want my waifus man. Don't just judge me.

10. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

Three x10 rolls, seven summoning tickets, and still no Gilgamesh. I'm beginning to get a better understanding of how one develops a gambling addiction.

I think I'm going to just give up on getting a 5 star servant for now, and save up my saint quartz for if Jeanne Alter ever gets an event.

11. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Got him on the second x10. :3

12. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Just found out about Magikarp Jump (on mobile) RIP my work productivity and free time.

13. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's a silly incremental game with little depth.

... I've almost maxed out all my training (Those who have played will know just how much time that means I've wasted D: ). I'm on 578th generation of Magikarp.

I mean, I've gotta do something during the three hours of cardio every day, right? Might as well derp around with Magikarp.

14. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I absolutely love incremental games. Literally my favorite genre, I like when there is a 'riskier' way to progress that relies on skill. Digimon World 1 was the amazing for this (the rework for psp was great also... Fuck I need to go back and beat that...).

I'm only rank 9 (playing since yesterday). I used to play clicker Heroes but once I started learning programming in order to play the game optimally (by writing programs to click for me, and then to level heroes, and then to activate skills) I realized I spent more time min-maxing my program than actually playing and stopped.

To be honest, programming ruined a lot of games for me. Many games could be made effortless just by programming a grinding program and left alone for a few hours.

15. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The new Digimon World game is very much in the style of Digimon World 1.

The one before that was a very Persona-lite-like rpg. I believe the next one next year is a sequel to that.

I loved the og one too, never got around to the new one.

16. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. ck. You. Very much. Please.

17. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Incremental games have been my games of choice for the past year while at work. I spend like a month or two on each one before moving onto the next. I've done Realm Grinder, Clicker Heroes, Kings League, Endless Dream, Halfling Tycoon, Idle Evolution, Tangerine Tycoon, Idle Raiders, Crusaders of the Lost Idol, Reactor Idle, Swarm Simulator, Adventure Capitalist, The Perfect Tower, Idle Sword, Hero Simulator, Idling to Rule the Gods, Hero Simulator: Idle Adventures, Dope Slinger Tycoon (lol), Reactor Incremental, Tabletop Idle, Rocket-valley Tycoon, Trimps, Space Company, and Shop Heroes.

I might have missed a few, as those were just the ones that I could see on my Kongregate account.

Some of them were just a few hour things to see if they were good, some lasted a couple months. Some of them are also just copies of other games, because most flash games are made by the same couple of companies, and it's pretty obvious (cough, Unity, cough). The best one is probably Realm Grinder. It's the most in depth of any of them and is still being actively updated. I got to Resurrection 40 or so. Spent a bunch of time doing Clicker Heroes as well, got to HZE 4,500 or so, before I got bored of it. I spent like a month on Trimps. It was good, but too hard (or I was just bad). Seemed hard to make progress in it. Idle Raiders was excellent, though I actually finished it and got to the point where I was just waiting for the update to come out (it's probably out by now, but I haven't looked). Both of the reactor idle games I played were pretty good, but got to the point that I where it was actually a grind I didn't want to do, since the strategy switched from idle to active, and at work, I can't really be that active. And I don't do autoclickers (unless their built in like Realm Grinder or Clicker Heroes) because I kind of feel that defeat the point of the games. Most of the games don't actually have an achievable end, so having an autoclicker click away doesn't really do anything for me.

Currently playing Shop Heroes right now, and it's actually pretty addicting, though there's a rumor that it's being shut down. So, I'm, also playing Space Company at the same time just in case. It's a pretty new game, so the devs are still working on soft reset mechanics, but it's interesting, albeit kind of standard.

18. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

What games are you all waiting on to be released? For me its Destiny 2 on PC and Xenoblades 2/Monster Hunter for the switch.

I never played the original Destiny, always wanted to give it a shot but I never owned a current gen and its too late to bother with it now. Ive bought a beast of a PC so I can give Destiny 2 a good crack.

I'm a xenoblades fanboy and the wait is killer, so hyped.

I played a few monster hunter games, cant say im a hardcore fanboy but it is fun to play with friends and the new version looks awesome, even if I doubt it will live up to expectations. The trailers always look so awesome gameplay wise and then you play the game... I think its a case of hyping myself up too much that when I play the game I cant be anything but disappointed.

They are really the only games off the top of my head I'm very keen on to be released atm, those and the D2 remaster.

19. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Etrian Odyssey 5, Dragonball FighterZ, Kingdom Hearts 3, the .hack GU collection/remake (Recode), the SMT: Strange Journey remake and probably Dragon Quest 11. Most of those are next year though. Also the inevitable updated rerelease of Persona 5.

20. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Uncharted: Lost Legacy is the only definite purchase for me. I'm tempted by Destiny 2, but I haven't played any of the first game, and I've never really got into online gaming. If I finish Dishonoured and Dishonoured 2, I might pick up the Outsider DLC. And the new Spidey game looks promising, but I'll wait for reviews on that.

Really though, I should concentrate on finishing the stack of games I've already got that I haven't finished/started.

Not open for further replies.