1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot Evil Be Thou My Good by Ruskbyte - Hellraiser - M

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Treck, Jun 25, 2005.

1. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I've just read it. Absolutely brilliant! I generally don't like horror and I didn't like the movie(s), but this story was fucking fantastic. Too bad the rest of Ruskbyte's stories are so heavy on angst, he's obviously a great writter.

2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

He has some great stories and then some really annoying ones. Maybe the annoying ones are the ones he forces.

3. Silent

Silent Kinky Wench

Even thought I got bored in some of the longer spots, as a whole, it was positively creepy-cool.
    This actually inspired me to write a horror one-shot, though not a fanfiction.

4. DaytonDeusBlack

DaytonDeusBlack Seventh Year

This is the coolest one shot fic ever! I stopped reading it the first time because there was a lot of canon with a few made up parts fixed in between. That was too boring, but after reading it once more, I have to admit that it is indeed an amazing piece of work!

5. Lord Dragon

Lord Dragon DA Member

good idea

6. Marquis Le'quack

Marquis Le'quack Squib

Quack! The first time I read it, it was at 2am in the morning, the lights were off, I was in my bedroom, and the music which was playing the entire time was La Petite Fille de la Mer (which coincidentally is a melancholic song played from a music box) so naturally I recieved no sleep that night. It still scares me everytime I re-read it but I've been getting better.

Oh well. Hopefully he'll update Flying Without a Broom and From the Abyss soon. They're both good reads. And the Sorting Hat's reaction to Mandy once it finds out her ambition? Priceless. I still chuckle at the memory of a old hat shuffling away from a midget sized girl, who's wearing pink clothes under her robes, as fast as it possibly can. Ah. Good times, good times...

7. sephiroththebrokenangel

sephiroththebrokenangel Fourth Year

great fic

i thought this fic was great and much better than some of the stories from Ruskbyte. all i have to say about the gore is that was awesome when the throatless lady came back with pettigrews head in the hole in her chest

8. Israfel

Israfel First Year

Ah god I love this story, I must have reread this 10 times by now and it's stil as good as the first time, the only other thing compareable to it would have to be "Backwards Compatible" which is also amazing. When I first read this I hadn't seen the Hellraiser movies but I knew the basic plot and thus wasn't too lost, but after reading this I went on a bit of spree and got all eight of the Hellraiser movies and watched them...repeatedly. So what else can I say, I love this story.

9. Piccaboo!

Piccaboo! Second Year

Another brilliant piece of work by Ruskbyte. Some of the longer parts were a bit borish but besides that a very good work of art.

Potter sends his regards... ahh umbitch and Fudge the idiots... it was priceless

10. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    Just wondering, but what is Hellraiser?

11. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

The guy with pins in his head... ring any bells?

12. Patrik f

Patrik f Guest

I just read it and I have to say that I love it!! It is easily among the best Harry Potter crossover stories I have ever read...

13. silvananoir

silvananoir First Year

Awesome, I love the Hellraiser series.

14. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

This story was breathtaking, my favourite one-shot ever! Ruskbyte sure has a way of words. Brilliant writing, cool torture, outstanding work overall! I would give this a 7/5 if I could.

15. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

I thought the coolest, or most interesting, part was Fawkes' phoenix song matching the puzzle box's song. That's artistry.

Unfortunately, it was really just an interesting thing to toss into the story, and Ruskbyte didn't do anything else with it.

16. Calis Clayr

Calis Clayr Seventh Year

One of the smallest countries in the world
    Usually horror and stuff isn't my cup of tea, but this was a very entertaining read. The only part I don't really understand is Fawkes' song. Why is it the same as the music box?
    I mean, one is the 'ultimate' light creature, the other summons demons. Isn't that slightly... contradictory?

By the the way, Ruskbyte is actually alive, he just posted a chapter from a new fic on Fanfic Authors.

17. Augurey

Augurey Backtraced

I think the box's music acts similar to phoenix song, in that good people either don't notice, or they know the villains are fucked and watch the train wreck, while evil people know their ticket's been punched.

18. Leslie2003

Leslie2003 Card Captored and buttsecksed

Hello Everybody!!!!

I have just found this website and this story. I don't prove to be an expert on all things HP. But I know Hellraisers. And what I don't like about stories based on movies or books that became movies, is that they take it almost word for word. And I went online to brush up on the storyline and it was like I was watching Harry Potter in Kristy's position and Voldie was a Snake-ier Uncle Frank without the sex and eating people thing.

Here is a Great Plot line. Hellraisers meet Harry Potter, why put him in the position to control them (or as much control as you can have). Why have Voldie sitting there huffing and puffing when he can be as bad as he wants?

I liked the story and it was a refreshing change from the crap I have been finding, but why in this way? Why not make it another part of the Hellraiser Series? Harry Potter and the Lament Configuration or Harry Potter and Pinhead... or something equally silly

I had to stop reading to go to work but I decided on my way out it would not be a story I would finish no mater how good of a plot. Sorry:confused:

19. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

...I didn't even understand half the shit you just said. All I got was, "Me no like story."

20. Bratling

Bratling Professor

I read this quite some time ago, and then again last night. It's creepy, scary, and quite a few people get what they deserve. It also requires little to no knowledge about the Hellraiser universe. 5/5