1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fairy Tail Manga

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Chengar Qordath, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Sin Saiori

Sin Saiori Death Eater

I got to the last few pages of 209 and went "Hold the fuck up now. What?"

Looking forward to an explanation on this.

2. BloodRedSword

BloodRedSword High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Holy shit! The author have wiped out the entire cast of the main stay of Fairy Tails characters in the latest chapter.

If this is epic fail, I have no idea what can be consider epic win.

Find me a manga that dares to kill of the entire cast...

3. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Unless he grew balls of steel and told his editors to f*ck off, they will be alive or will be resurrected.

I call time magic.

4. X Kronos X8

X Kronos X8 Fifth Year

The time magic of the series (Arc of Time) has been shown/stated not to work on living beings.

5. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

Ya....I don't know what to say to an author basically wiping out their main cast in one go for a time skip. If this means we basically need to go through months of exploratory backstory on a new metric shit ton of characters I will be vastly disappointed.

Two questions though, who was the girl before the explosion and whose the brat with the tattoo on the pier at the end?

6. Nemrut

High Score:
    The time magic of that one chick doesn't work on living beings. ( didn't it work on plants, btw?) Doesn't mean they can't get lost in time or be sent into the future or something.

The chick may be the first Fairy Tail Guild Master Mavis or some random angel/fairy/supernatural being/spirit while the kid at the end almost certainly is the little kid whose father Lucy and Natsu helped at the beginning of the story. You know, the man who fought against 20 yeti but got overcome by the last.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  7. Synchro

Synchro High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

8. BloodRedSword

BloodRedSword High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

9. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

I think you're confused.

Chapter 251 has Acnowlogia arrive on the island on December 16, X784 and chapter 253 has Acnowlogia destroy the island on January 16. x784.

10. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    First post-timeskip chapter confirms that the main cast is almost certainly not dead. There have been some interesting changes over the timeskip though; it certainly makes sense that the guild would fall on hard times after losing pretty much every single really good mage they had in a single day.

11. Jas

Jas Fourth Year

Just read the second post-time skip chapter and...WTF???

That has got to go down as one of the worst ideas to move the plot along. I don't know whether to be annoyed, happy or just blah.

I would write more but I can't find the spoiler button:facepalm

12. Nemrut

High Score:
    Would not be a spoiler since everyone could see that this was coming. Exactly as disappointing as I feared it to be.

13. Chengar Qordath

High Score:
    Well, that was rather underwhelming. What was the point of doing a timeskip/main cast disappearance when everyone comes back exactly the way they were the in second post-timeskip issue?

14. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

World development without the corresponding (main) character development. I can see why it was done this way.

15. Chengar Qordath

High Score:
    Maybe, but then I think it would have worked a lot better if we got more than one issue worth of world-building before the main cast was reintroduced. Well, maybe the writer was just going off the assumption that nobody would actually believe that he'd just killed off all of his characters, so there was no point centering an arc on whether or not they were alive.

16. Nemrut

High Score:
    Don't know if anyone is still following this here but I have found that FT has been rather good in the last few months, the last arc has been really good and, for me at least, consistently outshone the "Big Three" pretty much every week for four-five months now (or whenever this newest arc started).

Especially the last few plot chapters (not counting the last two omake/filler chapters) have been full of surprises and twists, giving room for decent speculation. Sure, it had its downsides, extreme fanservice for one and I didn't really like Mira sacrificing her dignity just to shoehorn that really obnoxious fanservice fight in but overall, it has been rather positive.

A rather good alternative to the by now retarded plot of Naruto, the "who cares" plot of Bleach and One Piece, which I have to say, really lost its appeal since the time skip, at least for me. The last two-three chapters seemed to get back to its old, good shape, but so far, have cared rather little for them.

There are other shonen, of course, a lot of what nairit recced, actually which are probably better quality wise, but except Fairy is my favorite shonen at the moment.

17. DarkAizen

DarkAizen Professor DLP Supporter

One Piece is still the best IMO, but Erza fighting all the 100 monsters was pretty bad ass. And Natsu beating the other two dragon slayers was awesome as well.

18. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Had no idea we had this thread.

Fairy's definitely been on the ball for a while now. I wasn't a fan of how the current arc started out (from the beginning of the tournament onwards) since it felt like it was trying too hard to make FT fail. But it picked up with Elfman's CMoA and only got better from there.

Natsu in this arc has just been :awesome

I find the constant foreboding monologue a bit annoying though but at least things look like they're really about to get serious.

On One Piece, it feels like it hasn't picked up steam properly which is probably because of Oda's pacing issues. Current chapters give the impression that something big could be starting so who knows.

19. Bucks

Bucks Headmaster DLP Supporter

The who cares plot of One Piece? Are you ill?

The last chapter is still only one of 2/3 chapters since the time skip that I enjoyed. It was nice to get a bit more on the Dragons and FT's world history.

20. Nemrut

High Score:
    Really digging the arc more and more. Latest revelations were especially interesting.