1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fall 2015 Anime Season

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Pure Infinity, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Mutton

Mutton Order Member

The problem is that it was a panel for panel adaptation of the first four chapters. The characterization used there is completely thrown away once the story starts rolling, and as much of OPM's greatness comes from the supporting cast I can't help but feel that this was a mistake

2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    OPM does have a plot, but it's mainly character driven. However, the plot is sneaky. It creeps up you while you're busy with the various awesome characterizations.

3. Halt

Halt 1/3 of the Note Bros. Moderator

Just finished watching Haikyuu Season 1. So hyped for S2 now!

4. PpJt

PpJt Second Year

I feel like I'm maybe being a bit lazy, but have any of the autumn shows looked promising?

I distinctly remember looking at the chart a while back, thinking 'that's all bollocks' and not picking anything up. Are there any surprises?

5. soccerfan12

soccerfan12 Squib

One Punch Man looks good so far

6. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

Watched a few episode ones of this season so far. Haikyuu!! Season 2 is the only really good one so far.

7. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The new Gundam feels like it's getting back to its roots, which is very much appreciated.

8. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Haven't watched Gundam since 00, and while I adored the action and animation it had, it was so often way too far up its own ass to be truly great.

I dunno how they'll counter that. I find myself thinking that about most anime drama. I'm willing to jump back in.

I mean, you don't go lugging around a huge 00 Raiser model's box around Japan that you hastily bought at the beginning of your trip in Akihabara if you're not.

I even threw out clothes to get it back in my suitcase.

9. ChaosSora

ChaosSora Second Year

The season has been okay so far, but it's mostly being held up on the strength of it's sequels.

Comet Lucifer is anime original, seems interesting and I like the style they're going for with the animation. Could be good or bad at this point, it's really a toss up.

Concerte Revolutio is also anime original with a unique style and it's by Bones so I have some high hopes. Another wait and see though.

Asterisk and Rakudai are basically the same show based solely on their first episode. To a almost hilarious degree in fact. I'll probably end up watching both since i can usually sit through shitty LN adaptions.

K: Return of Kings has been a lot of fun so far but since it's a sequel the original series and the movie are required viewing before watching the second season. The fan-service for female characters has also be upped this season as the show continues it's brave venture to pander as hard as possible to all demographics.

Gundam is more Gundam and it will either be great or it will crash and burn. I'm still a bit upset we don't have another season of Build Fighters this Fall though.

Lance N'Masques really feels like a fantasy version of Hayate with even more loli fan-service. I don't know if I'll keep watching it.

Noragami continues to be great and I'm so happy we got a second season of it.

One Punch Man is great but I'm not sure if the premise will hold up for a whole season. A anime that pretty much focuses on a bored golden age superman is cool though.

Owarimonogatari is more monogatari and I'll follow SHAFT on whatever crazy ride they want to take me on.

Utawarerumono looks really good and I liked the first series. It seems really low key right now but I'm sure it will get crazy by the end.

I'm also really excited for more Seraph and that new series that Troyca is doing. All in all it's not as great as some of the other season's recently, but I sure as hell have enough series to keep me entertained.

10. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

Finale of Kekkai Sensen is finally out!

Would I have enjoyed it more if the series was more fresh in my mind? Probably.

Did I still cry by the end anyway? Fuck yeah I did.

11. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

So the first episode of Beautiful Bones -Sakurako's Investigation- was pretty engaging.

EDIT: So why is it the season of episode 1 boob grab? At least 3 different shows so far.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  12. Phantasm

Phantasm Second Year DLP Supporter

Subete ga F ni Naru (The Perfect Insider) has the best first episode of the season for me. Well directed, intriguing plot direction and good characters with none of the usual anime tropes in the first episode. Excited to see where it goes!

13. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

Also recommending the Perfect Insider , it reminds me a lot of Tatami Galaxy and Monogatari. The style of the show and how it's characters interact makes for a pretty fun watch.

14. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Concrete Revolutio is a fucking blast. It makes absolutely no sense from a narrative perspective, but I love it. So colors. Much trippy. wow.

Comet Lucifer could end up being good, but it's off to a generic mech/fantasy start.

15. Phantasm

Phantasm Second Year DLP Supporter

I guess this is why the three episode rule exists. Third episode has begun to show a bit more promise so I'm going to stick with it after all. The Perfect Insider continues to be my contender for AOTS though, second episode was just as strong, if not stronger, than the first.

I've also been watching Anti-Magic Academy: The 35th Test Platoon. It easily has the worst first episode ever, falling into so many ecchi tropes it's unbelievable. I got told that the LN it's sources from actually becomes really good after a pretty poor/typical harem start, which is the only reason I'm going to stick with it, the second episode was already a lot better than the first, but you can tell that they're rushing through the original source material to get to the good bits.

16. demonturtle

demonturtle Squib

I'm mostly watching sequels this season, but I'm watching a few others that look interesting. Like, Perfect Insider, Concrete Revolutio, Comet Lucifer, and Beautiful Bones.

17. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

18. salts

salts Third Year

I was very surprised with Haikyuu. I gave it a shot because 'why not?', but it turned out to be the definitive sports series for me. Fuckin' volleyball of all things. Cannot recc it enough.

19. Lucius Rex

Lucius Rex First Year DLP Supporter

The Asterisk War is entertaining.

20. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The Asterisk war is the most generic Magic School LN adaptation in the world. It doesn't even try to include anything clever or original.

At least the other Magic School (there's only two instead of three this season, I think?) has something neat going for it in that there's an actual relationship instead of just harem shenanigans.

Edit: Oh wait, no, there's three of them again. Forgot about the 35th weapon platoon one or whatever.