WIP Fate Denied: A Star Wars SI by Saphrith - M - Star Wars

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Nemrut, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage Prestige

High Score:
    Title: Fate Denied: A Star Wars SI
    Author: Saphrith
    Rating: T
    Genre: Adventure/Friendship
    Words: ca 580k words
    Summary: Dropped into a Galaxy Far Far Away, in the waning era of the Old Republic. Viera Sarat decides that she really doesn't want to die and that she equally doesn't want the Republic to fall to Palpatine's chaos. What's the worst that could happen?
    Link: Sufficient Velocity ff.net

Not really all that much to say about this, tbh. SI is reincarnated into the Star Wars world as a Miraluka jedi around the same time as Obi Wan's padawan days and her journey through the universe and the impact she has.

Honestly, this isn't anything spectacular or anything. No epic moments or great lines of dialogue but it has been consistently fun and kept my interested for nearly 600k and it was quite fun to relieve a lot of the early Star Wars stuff and see the changes that Viera brings with her.

If you're in the Star Wars mood and the notion of a jedi having fun adventures and an SI who doesn't invent the printing press sounds appealing to you, well yeah, this is a good way to spend a few days.

Also, nearly 600k into the story and we still haven't reached episode 1, btw, so, there is still a lot more to come.

Updates are constant, almost weekly and at a decent length, between 5 and 6k or so. So yeah, worth checking out.

The ff.net version is way behind though, so you should try the SV one.

4/5

2. Puzzled

Puzzled High Inquisitor

I was following this on alternate history when it started, and I dropped it when some of the weirder legends stuff started coming in. There's apparently some sect that increases the ability of force users through some forgotten training, and the SI is the first person ever to realize that it could be tremendously useful for everyone else to use it. It might not quite be the printing press, but I'm not a fan of SIs cutting corners that make the entire universe look foolish.

I don't want to be entirely negative, there's some cool things even in the parts I read, I enjoyed the push to militarization that could pre-empt the clones and the author has a nice grasp of how the Jedi should be. It was a fun read, it just hit some of the buttons that SIs typically push that irk me.

3/5

3. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage Prestige

High Score:
    To be fair, I think it was less "no one ever thought of it" and more "it had been once considered but decided to be dangerous" but yeah, that's actually a good point. Hadn't looked at it that way.

4. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Tactical Tomato DLP Supporter

I've been following this on and off for a while now. Writing is a cut above the herd, arcs are interesting, action is tight. I'd give it a 4.5/5.