1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fate/Extra anime coming in 2017

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Cyclops, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

2. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

Fate/Money/Money/money more like.

I am super hyped for Fate/HF, but it will be at least cute to see this.

3. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Was psyched for HF but more meh on this. Never really warmed up to Saber Nero, the obvious fanservice catering in her is just too obvious and big to get over it.

4. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

Nemrut, I still think that is the best thing about the Fate franchise. In F/SN, the fan popularity drops across the routes with an increase in quality across the routes. Then after that you get things like F/HA along with Fate/Extra, Fate/More, and Fate/Another

5. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

I used to feel the fan service bullshit the Fate franchise keeps throwing out really diminishes Fate Zero and Fate Stay Night. Both were complex stories that took themselves really seriously and it was a shame to see them brought down by shallow crap.

But as I got used to them, I suppose I started approaching them differently. Imagine they didn't have the Fate name, and you realize fundamentally, the concept of heroes from the ages coming to fight in a giant magical tournament is pretty fun at its core. Even if it's approached as a more lighthearted, fun and shallow story, rather than a complex character driven piece, it's still fun to see alternate heroes fight it out. Just got to avoid comparing it to Fate and imagine it's a completely different franchise.

I still find it annoying that they couldn't come up with a new character design for Nero, but I'm actually pretty interested to see how her character will be played. There's a few other cool Servants from Fate Extra that'll be interesting to see - Gawain, Tamamo no Mae, Lu Bu, Robin Hood, Vlad the Impaler, Arcued (if they do include her), Ryougi Shiki (if they do include her) and apparently even Buddha.

Just approach it with FSN/FZ out of your mind and I'm sure it'll end up fun.

6. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

This is what Fate franchise definitely lacked up to this point - the head tilts. ;)

7. Hopper

Hopper Fourth Year

Well, at least with Fate/Extra is easier to adapt because of the linearity of the story. Except for Rin/Rani, no real branching routes to deal with. That is, unless Shaft takes it completely off the rails, or starts including things from CCC. So I'm somewhat hopeful.

8. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

9. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

Its on Netflix now .When it first premiered back in January, I gave it 2 episodes and wasn't motivated to keep up with it weekly. Now that its on Netflix, I binged the first 5 episodes and, well, it still sucks.

The main character is bland as hell. 5 episodes in and I still have no idea what his personality is supposed to be. I can't believe it, but he is worse than Sieg.

There is no reason to care about any of the other Masters or Servants. It feels like they expect the audience to have previous attachment to the characters from the game and have that carry over to the anime. I never played the game so all those characters fell flat.

The fights so far are boring, quick, and anti-climactic.

The artsy-fartsy editing and scene transitions got real old real quick. Stop with the fucking jump-cuts.

The fucking head-tilts. What the fuck? Shinji's head-tilts alone were driving me crazy. And it was every damn scene!

The only reason I"m going to finish watching is because of Nero. The character is likable enough so far, and with only 5 more episodes to go there's no reason not to at least finish it out.

But this is definitely the worst Fate show I've seen so far.