1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fate/Grand Order

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jon, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Run, you fool!

2. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

I've actually been too busy to get much done with this event, which makes me sad. I had intended to try and fully unlock Shiki, but haven't even gotten past like, mission 9? I think.

Oh well, I assume it'll eventually re-run or something.

3. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

The rerun is in 2 years. You should still have time to finish it though.

4. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Aye. And even if you can't shop clear, I'd say you could probably get all the missions required for a full ascension NP5 shiki done in less than 10 hours of farming if you plan it out.

5. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    So, after taking a bit of a break for a few days, cleared the shop today. First event in FGO I fully cleared and it was surprisingly fun, given all the grinding.

6. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

I'm no longer worried about getting NP5 Shiki...

Shiki is apparently a Garbage assassin. I got to the point where you unlock the fight on the roof using the secret key, so I grabbed a friend's lvl 80 NP5 Shiki, and used 3! fully overcharged NP's on the thing. Did not proc insta-death at all.

Ended up using command seals to just brute force the fight.

7. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Uhh, okay. Despite what the Incinerator may have led you to believe, not all enemies are guaranteed Instant Death. Her role is mainly as an Arts Assassin, and Death procs are purely a secondary benefit like most others.

8. Crimson13

Crimson13 Professor

Who's ready for the pretty boy banner? Not me with being out of work for around 2 months now. https://webview.fate-go.us/2018/0220_cbc2018/

That said Amakusa is good, especially his NP. Removing buffs on enemies before dealing damage is something that no one is going to have until a certain eldritch little girl comes along quite a ways off. We also get to choose one of the limited time CE's during it. A reminder for anyone who is thinking about rolling though, Dante looks to be coming right after it ends and Jalter seemingly at the end of March so think carefully.

Also the pink haired trap is also on the banner for you homos out there.

9. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

I may have been expecting more out of her, since there was a lot of hype I was seeing. Rather disappointed in how poorly she performed.

I think I'll stick to using friend's Jack's, much more reliable I find.

10. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:

A) 'Death' rate is extremely low for event bosses and boss servants; skill is best used for elite mobs with huge hp pools. Take the Rapunzel in parking lot: 200ksome hp and Shiki is pretty much guaranteed to proc OHKO.

B) You need to pair it with her death rate up skill. I brought two Shikis to that roof fight for double the debuff and double the NP. First missed, second hit.

11. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    She's not jack. Pair her with Tamamo and Waver with 2030s and profit. Ignore instant death.

12. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I still think King Hassan's the best Assassin, gameplaywise. That Merlin synergy just can't be denied. Jack is good, especially when it comes to women, but Quick doesn't have the amazing support Buster and Arts do.

13. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

Personally I don't think KH and Jack are comparable as they have quite different roles. Jack creates stars and is often not the main dmg dealer. KH is the opposite.

KH is just a weird guy that got dropped in the assassin slot (with its 0.9 modifier) while it would have been better off as a Saber.

14. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

Dantes and Chaldea Boys Collection starting tomorrow.

I have a lot of different plans for dealing with Dantes. Double Tamamo is featuring in several of them. Really excited to finally have an enemy that's going to be actually difficult. I do wish I had time to fully level Nero Bride, however. My current plan is to go in with Kintoki equipped with the Halloween Princess craft essence, hit Dantes with Kintoki's NP, then switch him out with Euryale or Shiki for arts team shenanigans.

15. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Jack is a star-gen nonstop critting Quick Assassin. She and Okita are the only ones who make Quick kinda work. Shiki is fantastic though, until Carmilia gets her Strengthening Quest, she's the best 4* we're gonna get for a long time (till EMYIA Assassin). Shiki Instant Death is just very niche and you should treat it like that.

But a break downt:
    Kit - Very solid.
    1. Mystic Eyes: The Insta Death skill is also pretty great besides that niche use, since it gives a +Arts boost and an ignore invincible, which is a good boost for her NP. 5 CD at 10.
    2. Mind's Eye: An evade + Crit up on an assassin is always great, with 6 turn cooldown at 10.
    3. Ying Yang, an NP boost at HP cost which frankly is the least useful of all stats in a servant. Up to 30% and 6 turn CD at 10.
    Stats: 100/150 less attack than the other 4* Assassins and average on the HP compared to them. Her NP gain is solid average and her star gen is slightly better than the average. So she's an average Assassin 4*, with really good skills and NP5, which makes her really, really good for a long time.

She's not gamebreaking by any means, like Kuro and Kintoki will be for welfare, but she's quite better than the other welfare we got. She's actually mid-tier compared to the gacha servants, even without her NP5.

16. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Well, looks like I'm passing on Astolfo for now.

I really wish Shiki and Astolfo didn't have to come right before Jalter.

Ah well.

Which CE are you all choosing?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  17. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

Can't decide whether to go for Astolfo or save for Jalter...

18. Simplicity

Simplicity Third Year

Made the mistake of rolling, in hopes of Shirou or Astolfo. Got the Noisy Obsession CE from the roll instead... Still, better than nothing? Effect isn't terrible.

19. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I accidentally got Tesla and Astolofo. :| I just wanted Kid Gil...

20. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Teacher and I def.