1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fate/Grand Order

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jon, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Leveling a ton of servants to their first ascension so I can do their interludes.

Go to level Romulus, but I can't find him.

Huh?

Turns out that I don't have Romulus NP 5'd like everybody else...

In fact, I don't have him at all.

Seems like I never locked him and so I've probably just kept burning the little bastard for an entire year.

2. Mestre

Mestre Professor

When you do a yolo roll and you get Moedred! 0,30% chance

3. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    [​IMG]

FGO has given Khan a seed! Khan is... still enslaved!

4. Crimson13

Crimson13 Professor

>Sees you have Raikou
    I am still greatly bothered and despondent that I could not roll for her to no end and I'm going to be feeling this until the next year when her banner comes again.

5. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Sooo, you're gonna hate me. I got 10 of those today. And I didn't spend an apple. And spent half the time doing the 10/5 AP one. Was just doing it for gems.
    [​IMG]
    Moment I read your post I got this drop.

6. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Feelsbadbruh :(

That said, she's really not that useful beyond making ember and advanced/intermediate farming go slightly faster than a Kiyo/Tama/Lancelot mix.

I wish I could trade her to you, because I am not the slightest bit interested in her art/personality/story. If I hadn't known beforehand that she would rake in mad FP with kaleidoscope, not even sure I would have bothered leveling her.

[​IMG]

7. Dr. Strange Lulz

[​IMG]

Those. Fucking. Seeds.

I hate you so much.

I need so many... Like 50...

Other that than, how'd everyone do this week? Every doable Quartz-giving interlude is done, and I now have only like 18 servants who are below ascension 1.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  8. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Tamamo's skills alone need 90. Please kill me.

I got everything done I needed to in terms of leveling. All the bronze servs are at Asc 2 or higher and 4 of them are 60/65 capped. All the 3 stars (except Geronimo because it's fucking Geronimo and Touta because he still hasn't come home) are at Asc 2 or higher, and about 3/4ths of them are now 70+ capped. All my 4s except Deon, Emiya, and Stheno are 80+ capped. All my 5s are 90+ capped.

At this point, the next level of to-do skills and ascensions for my core servants are bottlenecked by a masssive wall of about 650 bones, 150 seeds, 200 dust, 50 lanterns, and 100 proof of hero.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  9. Solfege

Solfege Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Forget seeds. It's void dusts and hero's proofs I lack. Plus gems. So many gems. And hero's proofs. Sure they're only 20AP - supposedly, my luck drops rather fewer. I need at least a couple hundred. Been out of resources for at least a month - I've not bothered counting my "progress" this week as a result. Just taking it as it comes and not letting it stress. Hoping for events to come quickly.

Looking very much forward to doing the interludes once this week is over. Emiya needs his strengthening!

10. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

I am in need of gems, mats, embers and qp. Basically in need of everything. Wish this 1/2ap with 3x succes would last another 2 weeks. My NP5 Ozy is slowly reaching lvl 90.

11. Solfege

Solfege Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Itemized the lacking materials to skill up my current roster of core characters + essential 3*s. Most egregiously:
    476 hero's proofs
    197 void dusts
    171 seeds
    145 fool's chains
    126 phoenix feathers
    121 horseshoes
    113 homunculi babies

Somewhat better:
    87 claws
    69 pages
    65 gears
    61 crystals
    44 lamps
    68 secret archer gems
    60 secret rider gems
    36 secret caster gems
    66 blue rider gems

Distributed among 15 Servants.

12. CBH

CBH Sixth Year

Beat Camelot last night. Very happy with the story and that you guys were right that it finally had real challenges. Only had to repeat the first Gawain, second demon pillar, and final Lion King fight more than once out of the whole chapter though. Tristain continually went down easy to Tamamo/Scatach/Scatach. Here's hoping rest of the game can perform to same level as it was a lot of fun. Went through most of it with:

Heracles NP2 Lvl 100 10/6/1 - Limited/Zero Over
    Tamamo NP2 Lvl 90 4/7/10 - Gentle Affection MB
    (Support) Weaver - Heroic Portrait
    Cu Alter NP1 Lvl 90 1/1/1 - Covering Fire MB OR Scathach NP1 5/6/2 - Covering Fire MB
    Jeanne d'Arc NP1 Lvl 90 1/2/2 - Teacher and I
    Mash 10/1/1 - Heroic Portrait

Having difficulty deciding on Cu or Heracles for main team when I have to swap one out. Common opinion around web seems to be Cu being better on level ground, but already have fully grailed Herc. Any thoughts on which makes better combo? Herc is only bond level 8 at the moment, still working on his bond level 10 CE.

13. Mestre

Mestre Professor

I only use Mash if I really need her for the fight, there is no point otherwise since she doesn't earn Bond points. I would go with Alter Cu since he has better stats and can soak some damage. Hercs is better being the last line when everything goes to shit.

But what do I Know? I don't have half of those servants xD.

14. Dr. Strange Lulz

Why not both? Buster servants make other Buster servants better.

Buster brave chains all day.

Buster teams are pretty much the easiest thing to build in FGO, the problem with Berserker Buster teams is that it becomes a race to kill the enemy before they kill you. In this case you're lucky in that the Berserkers you want to run both have decent survivability.

15. CBH

CBH Sixth Year

I've been thinking about dropping some of the high cost servants from line up so I can add high cost CE's in. Thinking a 1-3* (Leonidas maybe?) in exchange for a berserker and probably Francis Drake, maybe Karna in exchange for Jeanne when I'm not fighting bosses. Any other 1-3* suggestions? Have a good amount of enhancement mats saved up after farming node past weeks.

Ideally, I'd like to go for a good Crit-Buster team and a good arts team, but I'm still missing good damage-dealing arts servants and a good crit star gatherer for those.

16. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Cu Alter/Herk + Waver + Hans. Tamamo has zero synergy with those buster servants. Same with Jeanne. I would put George in the first sub-slot because of his very useful role as tank when you can't afford to lose a DPS/Support, so you switch him, he dies, and your other servants switches in. Mash is good for holding the line if you're done. Cu is unkilleable and an excellent last man.

17. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  18. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Hmmm.... I disagree with this. Tama, Waver, Jeanne, Mash, and Merlin are fairly universal support chars due to all having high NP gain and laughably OP kits. They can each be used effectively in almost any team comp provided there is A) at least one damage dealer present and B) they are equipped with the correct CE for said comp.

Like, Tama and Jeanne can keep even double buster zerkers kicking for a pretty long time if you give them Prisma Cosmos or even something derpy like Gentle Affection.

19. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

You need constant Arts chains for that, and since Tamamo's best skill is mostly useless in a Buster focused DPS and Jeanne's skills are useless, you would have a hard time using them outside the constant NPing.

And with a Buster focused Zerk who has 3 Busters and doesn't deal much damage via Arts (only one card), it's far from optimal.

Waver and Mash don't have the same problem since they don't need their NPs to truly shine, due to their excellent skills. Hans is the same and has a NP boost skill to boot.

20. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Not really, no. With Tama, Prisma Cos, and giving Fox Wedding to Tama herself, you can have a full NP bar every two-three turns just throwing her arts card at the end of any chain. And due to her having trip arts, you're far more likely to be able to arts chain whenever your other two servs have their one rare arts card appear. I run her with support Calter a lot simply for the joy of being able to spam best dinodog's NP three times a fight.

Jeanne is less effective at the double zerker method, but her servant stun, damage prevention and heal NP will extend your team's life at I'd say... 65% Tamamo effectiveness due to Luminosite's ludicrous spamability.

And the goal in both of these cases is just extending survival, not maximizing buster damage.