1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot Fate stay away by Arashi Leonhart - M - Fate/Stay night

Discussion in 'Fate/Stay Night' started by Knyght, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Title: Fate stay away
    Author: Arashi Leonhart
    Rating: M
    Genre: Drama/Romance
    Length: 11,961
    Pairings: Shirou/Saber
    Summary: Short vignette scenes presenting a Fate scenario where Shirou summons a Saber closer in persona to Saber Alter.
    Link: FF.net

As summarized, it's a condensed version of the Holy Grail War depicting a more brutal and ruthless version of Arturia in its own version of the Fate route. It's mainly about the development of their relationship which is even more of struggle considering the type of person she is here.

It's interesting enough to see a different kind of Saber participating in the main events of the route but isn't distinctive enough from canon to really stand out.

3/5

2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Please make sure to add the fandom of your rec in the title (regardless of how obvious it might or might not be from fic's name).

Will check fic later and edit.

3. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    This was really enjoyable and had quite a few memorable and awesome lines in it. The first half was stronger than the second, imo, but still a fun read.

That said, yeah, it really didn't change anything, i think. The hows were different but in essence it still followed the same canon plot points and the results were the same. Don't think anything new was added or went meaningfully differently. Still, it was enjoyable and I really liked Saber Alter, even if I still am not that fond of Shirou and neither do I agree with this bizarre take that the fandom has that Saber's wish is ultimately stupid.

So yeah, good read. 4/5